(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wei Changbao, from Shuanghou Town, Yinan County, Shandong Province, his wife, Ms. Liu Changqin and his mother, Ms. Liu Yuantian, are all Falun Dafa practitioners who started the practice in 1998. The whole family has benefited greatly from Dafa and lived in harmony. However, their peaceful life has been seriously disturbed since the Jiang regime started its persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999.

Mr. Wei and his family went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong after July 20, 1999, but they were apprehended by the police at the gate in front of the Appeals Office. They were taken to a stadium and detained there. Later they were sent to the police station in their hometown by officials from the Linyi City Liaison Office. There they were detained in a brainwashing center for a week.

In October, 1999, Mr. Wei, his wife, his mother, and his two-year-old child went to Beijing again. On the way, his wife and mother were arrested by Yu Houping, Secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee, and Gao Hongbin, the chief of police. They were detained in Yinan Detention Center for two weeks, and each was fined 1,400 yuan.

Mr. Wei made it to Beijing but was arrested at the train station. Officers from the train police station chopped at his arms with a fire hook. Even though the temperature was about minus 12 degrees Centigrade (10.4 oF), they removed his coat. In the afternoon Yu Houping took Mr. Wei outside of the Beijing Detention Center. He slapped Mr. Wei's face with a book as soon as they stepped out the door. Mr. Wei was sent back to his hometown and detained at Yinan Detention Center for 28 days. The police wanted to extort 1,500 yuan from him before they would release him. His family had to sell their corn and an ox in order to get enough money together. The police promised to refund the money one year later, but they still haven't returned any of the money.

In February 2001, Wei Changbao and his wife were working in Qingdao City, Shandong Province, to earn enough money to repay their debts. Yu Houping, Gao Hongbin, and the chief of Xiawangpu Police Station in the Licang District of Qingdao City went to search Mr. Wei's rental house. They tried to force him to write a Guarantee Statement promising to give up the practice.

On their way to the house, Gao Hongbin told Mr. Wei and his wife, "If you two continue practicing Falun Gong, I will ask the mafia to kill you." He repeated this several times.

A few days later, his factory manager told Mr. Wei, "You are practicing Falun Gong, so we cannot keep you as an employee any more. If we keep you here, they will cut off the electricity to the factory." He continued, "You cannot stay in Qingdao anymore. They are going to drive you out of Qingdao." Wei Changbao had no choice but to look for another job.

At 11:30 p.m. on May 28, 2004, Zhang Changguo, Chief of Shuanghou Police Station, and approximately seven other officers with flashlights surrounded Wei Changbao's house. He managed to escape, but now he and his wife are living on the streets. They are homeless and dare not return to their home. Their nine-year-old daughter and her grandma have only each other to rely on, which makes their lives very difficult.