At 9:30 a.m. on the morning of August 8, 2006, Mr. Cao Yang held a banner in front of the Jilin City Police Station to appeal for the release of his mother from detention at Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City. He was arrested after ten minutes and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhu Yan from Gangyao, Longtan District, Jilin City was arrested by Gangyao local police in October 2005 when she was on the road. She was illegally sentenced to one and a half years in a labor camp. She is presently imprisoned at Heizuizi Labor Camp. When her 20-year-old son and 18-year-old daughter went to the labor camp to see her, they witnessed the cruel persecution their mother had suffered. They requested that the labor camp release her. The authorities at the labor camp told them to go to the local police station to raise the request.

On June 12, 2006, both of Ms. Zhu's children went to the Gangyao local police station to appeal for her. They were beaten and injured outside by Chen Xinzhu, head of the Gangyao local police station, and four other police officers.

At that time, many people came to watch what was happening. Mr. Cao Yang explained the facts to them. At around 9:40 a.m., the surrounding areas of the police station were all filled by police and plainclothes officers. About 7 or 8 police officers went straight to the crowd. One plainclothes policeman in a yellow short-sleeved shirt took the lead. He quickly seized both arms of a man from the outer circle of a crowd and knocked him down to the ground. The man rolled over several times. Two police officers quickly came over, and fiercely pulled and dragged him. They escorted him away and

the other police officers quickly surrounded him. The man's shoe fell off when the police rushed him away. They dragged him to the police station and through the side door. At the same time, a police officer interrogated Mr. Cao, who was holding the banner, and took him away.

A witness on the scene told people that Mr. Cao Yang shouted to the police, "Why are you beating him?" Several police officers came over, took down the banner and forced Mr. Cao to go to the police station. At that time, many people shouted to Mr. Cao, "Don't go in with them. You will suffer. They will beat you."

Mr. Cao Yang and an unknown onlooker (perhaps Falun Gong practitioner Li Shigang who is illegally detained at No. 3 Detention Center in Jilin City) were arrested. They have not been released and their latest status remains unknown. Many witnesses are very worried and concerned about their safety.