Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Jizhong, 63, is from Yongqing Village, Daotaiqiao Town, Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province. He had been in poor health and led a very hard life before discovering Falun Dafa. After he began to practice in 1996, he regained his health and the capability to support himself, and led a happy life.

In 2001, Mr. Chen Jizhong was arrested three times by police officers Li Yuwen, Zhu and Wang from the local Daotaiqiao Police Station. He was detained in the Second Detention Center of Yilan County for 48 days after the first arrest, and was detained for 2.5 months and 4 months respectively after the second and third arrests. In addition, the police extorted more than 5000 yuan from him.

After Mr. Chen was arrested for the fourth time by staff from the 610 Office, he was sentenced to 5 years of imprisonment. No one has heard any further information.

Mr. Chen’s wife, having been so frightened by her husband’s four counts of arrest and imprisonment, collapsed mentally and became unable to take care of herself. She had no food, drink or firewood for cooking or heating, and frequently fell ill. She sometimes became irrational or lost consciousness. Once, she lost consciousness and lay for a period of time on a heated cooking pot cover, causing serious burns to her back, hands and shoulders. Accidents such as this occurred four times, two of which resulted in burn injuries.

Mr. Chen’s relatives and friends were greatly puzzled by his imprisonment. He was a very upright and honest person. He always treated others with kindness. How was he a criminal for cultivating himself according to the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance? They could not understand why he received such a severe sentence without his relatives being informed, and they wanted to know his whereabouts. They worry about him very much, particularly as more and more news surfaces about the Chinese Communist Party’s unthinkable crimes of harvesting living Falun Gong practitioners’ organs for profit.