(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Ms. Liu Baoyu of Heishan County, Liaoning Province, is being held in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp beyond her original sentence and has been persecuted with various forms of torture. Her husband went to the labor camp and requested that she be released, but the police flatly rejected him without an explanation and would not let him see her.

Ms. Liu’s home is in Wangxian Village, Taihe Town, Heishan County, Liaoning Province. She began practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. Through cultivation, her severe dizziness, leg pain, cough and others past illnesses all disappeared, and her family became much more harmonious.

Since she began cultivation in Dafa, Ms. Liu always followed the principle of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" to become a better and better person. With her haircutting skill, she served as the voluntary barber for the entire village after she began her cultivation. No matter how busy she was, she always responded immediately whenever fellow villagers needed help. She also routinely helped an elderly widow to get water and to clear snow. The villagers all praised her.

In July 1999, Jiang Zemin began persecuting Falun Gong. Ms. Liu went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested by the police. After she came back, the local police continually harassed her and village officials kept a close eye on her. On October 28 of the same year, she was arrested and detained in the village office for eight days.

On October 8, 2002, Heishan County Police Department, accompanied by Taihe Police Station, deployed three police cars to the village to arrest her. She escaped with the help of fellow villagers, but she was forced to stay away from her home after that.

On the morning of May 21, 2003, National Security policemen Xiao Zhongying and Bi Shijun from the Heishan Police Department arrested Ms. Liu and confiscated her belongings. The police in the National Security squadron and the police department persecuted her, particularly Xiao Zhongying and Bi Shijun, who arbitrarily beat her. Bi broke his baton into three pieces over her head. They beat her until she was bruised all over. During this assault she lost consciousness multiple times. Each time she passed out, the police poured cold water on her to wake her up. When the police dragged her to the jail cell after the beating, the inmates were all shocked. They saw that her clothes were soaking wet and her face was distorted from the beating. When they helped her change her clothes, they discovered that she had bruises all over her body and that her legs were badly swollen. She almost did not look like a person. She was disoriented for more than two weeks.

After being held for over a month in Heishan Jail, she was sentenced to three years of forced labor and was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where her persecution was continued.

During the past three years at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, she has been cruelly tortured every day. Because she refused to give up her belief, she was isolated in an empty room for nearly four months, during which time she was monitored closely and bombarded with brainwashing propaganda. She was deprived of sleep, with inmates taking turns watching her. They did not let her sleep or sit, causing her legs to swell from prolonged standing. They pinched her severely as soon as she closed her eyes and often beat and kicked her. Police also directed inmates to beat, kick, and slap her. Ms. Liu was seriously harmed both physically and mentally from the endless beatings and tortures day in and day out.

On December 5, 2003, the so-called "education assistance group" of Liaoning Province went to the Number 2 Building of Masanjia Forced Labor Camp to apply forced brainwashing by torturing practitioners. The captain, Zhang Huan, took Ms. Liu in. To force her to "transform," the "education assistance group" had four people forcibly pull her legs back and cross them, a very cruel way of torturing people. Then they tied them up and had someone hold her still. They viciously said, "Aren’t you going to do meditation exercise? We are helping you."

Because she refused to "transform," Ms. Liu’s term in the labor camp was extended several times. The above is all the information that we could get after great efforts over the past three years. There could be much more savage abuse that we do not have information on. After using many methods to torture Ms. Liu, Masanjia officials still refused to release her. Her husband went to the camp to plead for her release, but was met only with the police’s rejection. They did not even let him meet with her. The elderly and youngsters in Ms. Liu’s family have been under tremendous stress since the persecution began in July 1999, made especially worse after Ms. Liu’s arrest in May 2003.

We demand the unconditional release of practitioner Ms. Liu Baoyu. We urge all righteous people to help us to stop this persecution.