Practitioners Persecuted in the Sixteenth Section of the Mudanjiang City Prison, Heilongjiang Province
Police from the sixteenth section of the prison of Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province relentlessly persecuted Dafa practitioners. Following are some cases of the persecution.
1. Dafa practitioner dies of long term imprisonment and persecution.
Mr. Pan Xingfu, a Dafa practitioner from Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province, was transferred from the Qitaihe prison to the sixteenth section of the Mudanjiang Prison in May 2003. During his illegal imprisonment, the police forced him to do heavy labor, which devastated him both physically and mentally. In late 2003, he suffered from edema in his legs and became too weak to walk. However, the prison guards did not provide him with any treatment. It was not until May 2005 that Mr. Pan was sent to a prison hospital, where he was diagnosed with tuberculosis and hydropsy inside his chest and abdomen. The deputy head of the prison, Luan Jinghe, hastily urged the director of the sixteenth prison section, Zheng Yuhe, to release Mr. Pan on medical parole because he was afraid that he would have to take responsibility for Mr. Pan dying in his prison. But Zheng Yuhe, would not allow the medical parole unless Mr. Pan wrote a guarantee statement promising he would give up Falun Gong. However, Mr. Pan refused to write a guarantee statement. Mr. Pan was released from prison during July 2004 without receiving treatment for the tuberculosis and hydropsy. As a result of his long term imprisonment and persecution, Mr. Pan died in January 2005.
2. Mr. Zhang Hongquan, a Dafa practitioner from the Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, was transferred from the Harbin Prison to the sixteenth section of the Mudanjiang Prison in July 2004. To protest his illegal imprisonment and persecution, Mr. Zhang refused to obey orders from prison guards to report his number or to crouch on his legs. As a punishment, the police director Zheng Yuhe confined him in a small cell for seventeen days. To protest the persecution, Mr. Zhang went on a hunger strike for eleven days. The police in charge of the confinement cell then sent him to a prison hospital to force feed him with salt water through a tube inserted into his stomach. Mr. Zhang's suffering from the force feeding was so great that he vomited continuously. Later Mr. Zhang was transferred to the third section of the prison for further mistreatment.
3. Mr. Zhang Yutang, a Dafa practitioner form Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province, was transferred from the third section to the sixteenth section of the Mudanjiang Prison. Because he practiced Falun Gong steadfastly and opposed the persecution, he was constantly beaten by his monitor (an inmate who is assigned to keep watch on Falun Gong practitioners). Mr. Zhang reported to police director Zheng Yuhe that he had been persecuted by the monitor and that the monitor watched pornographic videos and took drugs. However, Zheng Yuhe intentionally told the monitor what Mr. Zhang said. To take his revenge, the inmate continuously tortured Mr. Zhang. He was not allowed to sleep or walk freely and was monitored closely by inmates all day and all night. They also rationed his grain, saying that he would make trouble if he was full. During the daytime, when all inmates went out for forced labor, several personal monitors forced him to write a "guarantee statement," whipping him with leather belts. The prison guards Zheng Yuhe and Lu Xiaohui constantly ordered and instigated inmates to treat him severely. When some Dafa practitioners asked Zheng Yuhe why he instigated inmates to persecute Mr. Zhang, he shamelessly asked the Dafa practitioners, "Who saw it?"
4. Mr. Tang Xianguo, a Dafa practitioner from the Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, was transferred from the Hadagang Prison to the sixteenth section of Mudanjiang Prison in July 2003. In October 2003 he was confined in a small cell for fifteen days by the prison guard Zheng Yuhe as a punishment for doing Falun Gong exercises within the prison. In July 2004, Mr. Tang and another Dafa practitioner, Yin Changfeng, jointly went on a hunger strike to oppose the confinement of fellow Dafa practitioner Zhang Hongquan. As punishment for their hunger strike, Mr. Tang and Mr. Yin were confined in a cell with their feet shackled for fifteen days. In July 2005, Mr. Tang and Mr. Yin were confined in small cells by prison guards Zheng Yuhe, Lu Xiaohui and Wang Xu because they refused to attend an anti-Falun Gong meeting that was arranged by police. Mr. Tang continuously protested his persecution, and as punishment Zheng Yuhe, Lu Xiaohui and Wang Xu ordered inmates to treat him severely. He was cruelly beaten many times, closely monitored day and night and was forbidden to move freely. Zheng Yuhe even tried to force Mr. Tang to step on a piece of paper with Teacher's name on it, and had him cruelly beaten when he refused to do so.
5. The persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the sixteenth section of the Mudanjiang Prison was implemented under the instigation of police director Zheng Yuhe, executive officer Lu Xiaohui and section director Wang Xu. They instigated, intimidated and pressured inmates to persecute Dafa practitioners. They incited hatred of Dafa practitioners by threatening inmates they would not receive reductions in their sentences if they refused to persecute Dafa practitioners.
The main prison officials who were involved in the persecution of Dafa practitioners in the sixteenth section of the Mudanjiang Prison, Heilongjiang Province were:
Police director Zheng Yuhe (now transferred to the political section of the prison), executive officer Lu Xiaohui, and section director Wang Xu.