(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Ms. Dong Baoxin, 66, from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, along with her two daughters, suffered many years of persecution. They were also subjects of brutality in forced labor camps. Under the long-term harassment and imprisonment, Ms. Dong had a relapse of diabetes and died in October 2004. In April 2006, her daughter Yang Chunling was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment. She is currently very weak and thin.

Ms. Dong began practicing Falun Gong in 1999. Her long-endured illnesses disappeared after she began practicing. In December 2000, Dalian police arrested her and her two daughters while they were making truth-clarification materials, and they were later sent back to Fushun City. With righteous thoughts her two daughters escaped while being detained at the Xinmin Police Station in Wanghua District. The police were upset and vented their anger by severely beating Ms. Dong. Later, Ms. Dong was sent to the Fushun City Forced Labor Camp where she endured persecution during her camp detention (details of the persecution are still under investigation).

In 2001, during the New Year period, the camp had an incident of food poisoning. Ms. Dong's symptoms were particularly severe, so she was released on bail and sent to the hospital for treatment.

On January 4, 2002, Ms. Dong was arrested while holding a banner to validate the Fa at Tiananmen Square in Beijing. During the night, she escaped from the Zhaoyang Detention Center in Beijing. Around this time her two daughters, Yang Chunling and Yang Chunhua, were again arrested in Dalian and were jailed at the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for three years. While her daughters were in jail, the police refused visitation many times on the suspicion that their mother would smuggle in Dafa literature to her daughters.

Ms. Dong paid close attention to her daughters' situation. When it was close to the time of her daughters' release from the forced labor camp, news from the camp was that her daughters' detentions were going to be extended for another 10 months, due to their refusal to sign a document agreeing to abandon their belief. This was a major blow to Ms. Dong, and she fell ill with this news and her diabetes recurred.

To break free from the constant harassment by the police, Ms. Dong sold her house and borrowed money to buy another one. The police and the 610 Office of Fushun City kept harassing her for the new address when the younger daughter, Yang Chunhua, was released. In fear of being pressured by the police, Yang Chunhua left home and has been living a homeless life ever since.

Ms. Dong was in serious condition and delirious when her eldest daughter, Yang Chunling, was released from the forced labor camp, and she died on April 10, 2004.

In January 2006, Dalian police again arrested Yang Chunling, and beat her, breaking her right arm. She was bailed out for medical treatment after holding a hunger strike. She was then arrested once again on April 18, and was sentenced to seven years in prison. Her husband, Yang Benliang, received a heavy sentence of eleven years imprisonment earlier this year. They are both jailed at the Huazi Prison in Liaoyang City.

Ms. Dong's husband, Mr. Yang, is the only one left in the family house. The persecution of Falun Gong practitioners has broken apart many families.