Qu Dehong

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Qu Dehong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Yongan Town, Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province, was illegally arrested by the state security team of the police department in Jidong County on October 27, 2004. During his imprisonment, the guards tortured him many times, and he was also force-fed with nerve-damaging drugs. His family has asked the county court, the political and judiciary committee, and the state security team to release him, but all attempts have failed.

Mr. Qu Dehong is in a very bad mental state. He is very weak, disabled, and needs help to walk. His skin is dry and yellow, and his only food is some rice soup every day. His life is in danger.

Details of Mr. Qu's persecution

Around 7 p.m. on October 27, 2004, 10 policemen from the state security team of the Jidong County Police Department and two policemen from the police station in Yongan Town broke into Qu Dehong's house. The police leader Yu Hongjun said, "Take out the things." Mr. Qu asked "What things?" His wife, Zhang Yongli, also asked, "What things?" Yu Hongjun then ordered the police to search the house in teams. Mr. Qu's house, garage, and storage room were all searched. After three hours, they found nothing but a card, on which was printed "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." The police put the card away carefully, as if they had found some criminal evidence.

Yu Hongjun demanded to know if their computer was used to download Falun Gong materials from the Internet. Mr. Qu said that it was for his child to do schoolwork. Around midnight, the Jidong County state security team took Mr. Qu and his wife away. They also took 3900 yuan; four cell phones, including the ones Mr. Qu was trying to fix for others; a portable video camera; and a computer. They jailed the couple separately on the fifth floor of the state security team building. The police tortured Mr. Qu for information.

Ms. Zhang Yongli was released on October 28, and she got the money and the portable video camera back. When she was going downstairs, she saw her husband. It seemed that Mr. Qu had been tortured, and he looked very tired. She tried to ask him questions, but the police pushed her away.

Later it was learned that the police officers on the fifth floor of the state security team building had tortured Mr. Qu. Ten policemen tried different tortures, ordering him to tell them everything he had been doing for Falun Gong. The tortures included:

  1. Soapy water was put into Mr. Qu's eyes, so that he was unable to open them.
  2. Spicy oil was put into his nose, which made him tear.
  3. Water was poured into his ear with a small pot. When one ear was full, the police moved on to the other ear.
  4. His hand was burned with cigarette butts. There is a burn scar on his hand even now.
  5. They whipped him with a leather whip.
  6. They beat his feet with white plastic pipes filled with lead and concrete, which won't leave visible injuries.

Although he was tortured, Mr. Qu refused to cooperate with them. Finally, the policemen force-fed him a nerve-damaging drug.

After being force-fed drugs, Mr. Qu sometimes lost control of his mind, and he was mentally unstable. His thoughts and words did not make sense. When questioned by the police, he would answer, but he did not understand the question or his own answer. Afterwards, he could not recall what had happened to him. When his family visited him, they found that he appeared to have a mental disability. When they asked what had happened, Mr. Qu was not able to explain it.

After being tortured for 21 hours, Mr. Qu was hurt badly both physically and mentally. The police sent him to the county detention center. At the end of November 2004, policemen Cui Guangri and He Wenming forced Mr. Qu to sign his name to a blank piece of paper. In the detention center, Mr. Qu was tortured several times. Getting nothing out of him, the police force-fed him again with drugs. The details of this persecution are unknown.

In May 15, 2005, Mr. Qu refused to answer any of the guards' questions and started a hunger strike with another five practitioners to protest the illegal imprisonment. Mr. Qu was on the hunger strike for nine days. The guards beat practitioners with plastic pipes filled with lead and concrete and then asked them if they would eat or not. If their answer was "No," the guards would continue to beat them. Practitioner Li Chongjun, from 8510 farm in Donghai Town, was beaten by policemen Pei Jiaxiang and Ma Li at same time for shouting "Falun Dafa is good" when beaten. He was struck with the filled pipe 200 times. Pei Jiaxiang also beat Mr. Qu. Practitioner Xing Defu, from Mishan City, was beaten by Ma Li. Sun Yintang, from Yongan Town, Jidong County, and Lu Zhengyi and Liu Haiqiu, both from Xingnong Town, Jidong County, were all beaten by the guards.

On June 22, Mr. Qu started the second hunger strike and asked for an end to the persecution. His life has been in great danger since July 3, when he was then sent to a hospital in Jixi City for emergency treatment. He still refused to take any food after 15 days. The guards tied his hands and poured spicy oil into his mouth to force him to take food. After 20 days, they took the dying man back to the detention center.

On July 19, Qu's wife, Zhang Yongli, and five of his relatives went to the political and judiciary committee, asking them to release Mr. Qu. The head of the committee, Jiang Guofa, said that they would not release him unless his family paid the bond. Qu's uncle, a non-practitioner, said to Jiang Guofa, "He has been on a hunger strike for 20 days. Will you take responsibility if he dies? You guys put soapy water in his eyes, spicy oil in his nose, and locked him in the car trunk. If this is not persecution, what is persecution then?" Jiang Guofa then called the state security team, ordering them to check to see if there were any Falun Gong practitioners among Mr. Qu's relatives. The head of the state security, Yu Hongjun, came to the political and judiciary committee with another policemen, and they tried to take Qu's uncle away. His family stopped them. Jiang Guofa took a copy of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party out of his drawer and threatened, "You see, this is made by them. If they keep doing this, all of them will be sentenced to death." Jiang Guofa, the county court, and the county state security team refused to release Mr. Qu Dehong when he was dying after 20 days on a hunger strike, and their excuse was that he was the organizer of the "3.15 event" in 2004. They threatened several times to put Mr. Qu in jail. One judge in the court, Wang Pingyu, said that they would not release him even if he were to die.

Recently, Qu Dehong has been in very serious condition. He has become very thin. His skin is dry and yellow. He cannot raise his arms, and he needs help to walk because his left leg is lame.

After Mr. Qu was illegally arrested, his wife and child suffered a great deal of mental stress, and they are in a financial crisis. Their child may have to drop out of school. Their private property, including a computer and three cell phones, which were confiscated by the state security team, still has not been returned.

Some stories of Qu Dehong validating Dafa

After CCTV announced the CCP's decision to forbid the practice of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Qu Dehong went to Beijing with 11 other practitioners to appeal for Falun Gong. On October 28, 1999, Mr. Qu and his wife attended the international press conference, attended by the Reuters News agency and the Associated Press. They both were arrested shortly afterwards. Mr. Qu was sentenced to three years and six months and put in the third jail in Harbin City. Ms. Zhang Yongli was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp and was sent to Qiaozhuang Detention Center in the Tongzhou District of Beijing.

On March 15, 2004, in order to clarify the truth, Mr. Qu and practitioners Li Chongjun from 8510 farm in Donghai Town; Xing Defu from Mishan City; Sun Yintang from Yongan Town, Jidong County; and Lu Zhengyi from Xingnong Town, Jixi County, hung up many Falun Dafa banners along the hundred-mile long road from Heitai Town to Jixi City, which shocked the corrupt authorities and was considered an important case by the local police. These practitioners were all jailed in Mishan City Detention Center and Jidong County Detention Center.

On October 23, 2004, Mr. Qu, with other eight practitioners, went to the Mashan District in Jixi City to give out Falun Gong truth materials, and they were reported. Mr. Qu was arrested at 7 p.m., on October 27, 2004.

The persecutors

Those who tortured Qu Dehong: Team Head Yu Hongjun; Vice Team Head Sun Zuoen; Policemen Cui Guangri, He Wenming, He Wenqing, Pei Jiaxiang, and Ma Li

Police Department in Jidong County
Phone: 86-467-5582361

Chief: ext- 2201
Political Head: ext - 2202
Chief of the state security team: ext--2224
Political head: ext-2333
Vice chief: ext- 2225
Yu Hongjun: 86-13945854586 (cell)
The chief of detention center: ext- 2275; Political head: ext- 2276; Vice Team Head: ext- 2277
Public security team chief: ext- 2262; Instructor: ext-2228; vice chief: ext-2271
The head of political and judiciary committee, Jiang Guofa: 86-467-5586199

August 12, 2005