(Clearwisdom.net) Two practitioners from Hebei Province died during 2000-2003, and many other practitioners in Hebei Province have experienced various forms of persecution.

Practitioner Mr. Wu Jinhua, in his forties, was from Huangtun Village, Songlindian County, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1999. He used to suffer from a brain tumor that was said to be incurable, but he recovered completely after he practiced Falun Gong. While he was doing the exercises at home in June 2000, the village director Han Huisen, leading the officers from Song Lindian County Police Station, went to his house. Without a warrant, they confiscated his tape recorder and two Dafa books, and forced Mr. Wu to give them 50 yuan. Wu Jinhua was traumatized by the relentless persecution and died in July.

Ms. Liu Lianqin was 75 years old. After she practiced Falun Gong, she recovered from hypertension, heart disease, gynecological problems, leg and back pain, and stomach ailments without any medical treatment. On July 20, 1999 when Jiang's faction began frenziedly persecuting Falun Gong, she could no longer practice Falun Gong. To make matters worse, her daughter Shang Zhenju was illegally arrested, beaten and tortured. Anxiety brought on by the threats caused her health deteriorated gradually. She died on January 8, 2003.

In February 2000, six practitioners were summoned to the division office. Their names are Du Yunfu, Niu Lihua, Wu Xiurong, Han Shuyuan, Fu Jiangqun, and Zhang Jianmei. Songlindian County policeman Cui Yi and the village policeman Han Guoliang demanded that the practitioners write a guarantee statement and were unsuccessful. They were sent to the Number 3 police station. After freezing in the cold weather for 48 hours, four practitioners were sent back to Songlindian County Police Station, and two practitioners were held in custody. Both of them had to pay a fine of two hundred yuan.

On July 6, seven practitioners were doing the exercises at Han Shuyuan's house in Huangtun Village. The seven practitioners included Zhang Jianmei, Yao Shuling, Liu Jinlan, Zhang Hongjun, Gao Shuzhi, AnYulan, Liu Giuqin. They were arrested and taken to Songlindian Number Three Police Station by policemen Cui Yi, Li Fumin, and Xu Dongsheng from Songlindian County. When the practitioners appealed together, all of them were released after paying a fine of 200 yuan.

These practitioners were later arrested again by Cui Jianshe, the stationed Beijing official. Some practitioners were beaten viciously at Songlindian Police Station. Some passed out after the beatings, some were shocked with an electric baton, and some had to sit on a small bench. The practitioners, however, did not give in. At the end, when all of the practitioners went on a hunger strike, the physical abuse stopped. Each practitioner had to pay about 5000 yuan before being released.

On December 15, Du Yunfu, Niu Lihua, Han Shuyuan, Yao Shuling, and Chen Wenming were taken to the notorious Wanma Brainwashing Center by county judicial officers Li Jianjun and Wu Di. The practitioners were beaten with rubber clubs and shocked with electric needles. Mr. Niu Lihau had only one shoe on when he was detained. He was beaten from the time he arrived at the brainwashing center until one o'clock in the morning. When they were exhausted from hitting him, they ordered him to stand on a ten-pound ice block with bare feet. They used various ways to torture him, but he did not give in. He was detained at Nanma Brainwashing Center for a month. Every week he had to pay 570 yuan for "class fees" and a 500-yuan security deposit. His fines totaled more than 3,000 yuan. At that time Li Ge was the County Political and Judicial Committee Secretary, and Zhu Jianhua was the director

On July 1, 2003, Zhang Weiqiang from Laishui County Police Station and Shuozhou City Police Station National Security Division and dozens officers arrested nine practitioners from Huangtun Village to Songlindian County Police Station. Later, practitioners were held at Zhuo Zhou Detention Center for fifteen days. They demanded that practitioners pay 2,000 yuan. Those unable to pay were sent to forced labor.

Du Yunfu, Niu Lihua, Yao Shuling, and Liu Jinlan were detained in Baoding City Ba Lizhuang Forced Labor Camp.

Yao Shuling was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor.

Du Yunfu, Nui Lihua and Liu Jinlan were sentenced to one year of forced labor.

Chen Wenming, Han Shuyuan, Zhang Hongjun, Wu Xiurong, and Liang Xiu were sent to Nanma Brainwashing Center for two months and paid a fine of 4,000 yuan. The order came from County Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Xie Xilin, Li Ming and Gao Xuefei.

April 6, 2005