Ms. Cao Shuxia tortured into unconsciousness

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Cao Shuxia, who resided at the Ranghulu Science Park in Daqing City, was forced to sit on an iron chair, had to endure force-feeding and sleep deprivation, had her eyes attacked with a broom in the restroom, and was verbally abused. She was interrogated continuously for 24-48 hours, making her lose consciousness. Following is her story:

Ms. Cao Shuxia is 39 years old. On September 23, 2005, in the afternoon, several officers from the Ranghulu District Police Department entrapped Mr. Cao's child and got her house key. They broke through the door, arrested Ms. Cao, and ransacked her home. They took away the Dafa materials, the child's computer, her husband's camcorder, CDs and almost 1,000 yuan in cash. That night the police held Ms. Cao at the Daqing Detention Center. They took her directly to the interrogation room and forced her to sit on an iron chair. Not until the following afternoon was she released and put into cell No. 408.

Since then, the authorities have interrogated her almost every other day. Each interrogation has lasted almost 24 hours. Once they sent her back in the middle of the night and interrogated her from seven o'clock in the morning to the following day. This interrogation lasted two days and nights. They didn't provide her with a sanitary pad and deprived her of sleep. Whenever she closed her eyes, they would use a broom in the restroom to hurt her eyes. They used incessant mental torment and foul language to persecute Dafa practitioners.

Ms. Cao Shuxia kept on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She refused to wear a detention center uniform. She kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good" until her throat was hoarse. The constant irritation from the broom made her eyes swell. After several endless interrogations, Ms. Cao was so exhausted from the mental torment that she lost consciousness.

Ms. Gao Guifen, in her 60s, was released after a ten-day hunger strike

Practitioner Ms. Gao Guifen, 63, worked at the Daqing Petroleum Institute. When she was arrested on September 23, she kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good! She was detained at the Development District Police Department and unconstitutionally interrogated. She began to clarify the truth to all the police officers in the department. Confronting this illegal interrogation she said, "I will not answer any of your questions!" The police filled in the blanks on the form and then asked, "Do you refuse to sign it?" She replied, "I refuse." That night Ms. Gao Guifen was sent to the Daqing Detention Center and placed in cell No. 408.

Ms. Gao kept on reciting the Fa, sending forth righteous thought, clarifying the truth, and refusing to wear a uniform. During three continuous interrogations, Ms. Gao was handcuffed to a metal chair. Facing her interrogators, she didn't corporate at all. When the evildoer Liu Bo scolded Falun Gong's founder, Ms. Gao assertively deterred him, "Don't libel my Master! Slander is a crime."

Ms. Gao Guifen persisted with her hunger strike to protest the persecution since her illegal detention began. She was carried twice daily to undergo brutal force-feeding. She shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" four times on the way every day.

On October 9, Ms. Gao's retired professor husband, in his 70s, could not withstand the heavy blow of the family break-up (one daughter had become homeless) and developed an acute illness. He was sent to a hospital for emergency care. Their daughter and son-in-law, who had to take care of their child and two senior adults, took the hospital's diagnosis of their father's emergency situation to the authorities and asked them to release Ms. Gao. She was released on October 10.

Zhang Lixin regained her freedom after the evildoers extorted 5,000 yuan from her children

At around 6:00 a.m. on September 23, Commissar Sun Guangfan and the deputy chief of the Donghu Police Department headed a team of police officers. They intruded into the home of practitioners Mr. Bai Yufu and and his wife Ms. Zhang Lixin, smashing the lock. The officials grabbed a computer, printer, books, one gold pen, and other personal belongings. They failed to take away gold jewelry because Ms. Zhang came home. They refused to let Ms. Zhang use the toilet and prevented their daughter from attending school. Then they arrested Mr. Bai Yufu, Ms. Zhang Lixin and also a visitor named Zhang Xiumin. Ms. Zhang Lixin and her husband Mr. Bai shouted to bystanders, "You are our witnesses! They are all bandits! Cultivating Falun Dafa is not wrong! These officers arrest kind people!" "Falun Dafa is good!"

These lawless persons also want to take away Ms. Zhang's 14-year-old daughter. Sun Guangfan intimidated the child, "Don't think your Dad and Mom will come back!" The threatened child locked herself in a room without drinking water. Another daughter who had been pursuing her Ph.D. degree outside the province heard the news and quickly returned. The older sister had to forego her studies and the younger sister was left without anyone to take care of her. Confronted with all kinds of pressure, the two sisters went to the police department to ask for the release of their parents.

After the couple was arrested and taken to the Donghu Police Department, the authorities attempted to force Ms. Zhang Lixin to give her fingerprints. She didn't cooperate. A police officer hit her chest heavily with his fist, making a large area black and blue, swollen and painful. That afternoon she was sent to cell No. 406 at the Daqing Detention Center. She refused to wear the uniform and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" She was forced to sit on a metal chair for interrogation.

These scofflaw individuals also extorted 5,000 yuan from Ms. Zhang's two daughters, who had come to the authorities to ask for help. Ms. Zhang Lixin was not released until September 30.

Circumstances concerning practitioners Mr. Jia Junxian, Li Junmi, Mr. Yuan Mi and Ms. Chen Qingli

Dafa practitioner Mr. Jia Junxian went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention beginning on the very first day of his arrest. He was force-fed twice a day.

Practitioner Li Junmi refused to answer any inquiries during the interrogation.

The authorities used torture to extort a confession from practitioner Mr. Yuan Mi. Mr. Yuan was forced to sit on an iron chair for five days and nights. His head was encased in a plastic bag, he was force-fed, and he had to endure other abuses. Right now he is incarcerated in cell No. 450 at the Daqing Detention Center. Mr. Yuan has been on a protest hunger strike ever since his arrest.

Practitioner Ms. Chen Qingli has been on a protest hunger strike ever since her arrest. She was force-fed twice a day and her former illnesses recurred. After two emergency treatments she was transferred to a "loose" cell for continued persecution.

Practitioners Cheng Jinzhi, a resident of the Ranghulu District; Zhang Xiumin from Donghu; Lan Sufang from Sanchang; Liu Li, who was employed at the Longfeng plant; and others are still incarcerated in the Daqing Detention Center.

According to reliable information, since October 2, Yang from the Heilongjiang Province Police Department and a woman have been personally in charge of interrogating those practitioners who were arrested on September 23 at the Daqing Detention Center and at the Longfeng Detention Center.