(Clearwisdom.net) On August 1, 2005, four policemen from the Beixing Police Department in Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province, pried open the door to the home of Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Yan Shubin and seized him. The police then took him to Suihua Forced Labor Camp. At the time of the "illegal arrest," Mr. Yan had just been released from a detention center and was incapacitated. We do not know Mr. Yan's current situation.

Because Mr. Yan practices Falun Gong, he has been arrested and persecuted many times. He and his wife, Qi Xiuchun, have a small business, the Xiaoqi Shoe Store. Mr. Yan used to have severe colitis. After his wife began practicing Falun Dafa, she became very healthy. Witnessing this, he started practicing with his wife in August 2003.

On May 14, 2004, Mr. Yan went to Beixing Detention Center to pick up his wife, who was on a hunger strike to protest being detained beyond the expiration of her prison term. When he saw his wife's poor condition, a result of the persecution, Mr. Yan accused the police of knowingly violating the law. In response, the police detained him also. Mr. Yan went on a hunger strike, and after three days, the police let him go home. After that, the police often went to their store and caused disturbances.

On December 6, 2004, guards from the Beixing Forced Labor Camp burst into the store, using the excuse of searching for practitioner Lu Jun, who had previously stayed at their house. They did not find Lu Jun, but they still confiscated Falun Dafa books and materials and a computer, which the Yans had brought home only four days earlier. The husband and wife were forced to leave their business, and the store then had to be managed by their relatives.

On May 18, 2005, Mr. Yan was arrested again while he was traveling out of town. The police found him carrying Dafa truth-clarification materials. He was then sent to Guanju Detention Center on June 6. There the guards beat him so that both his cheeks swelled and festered. Later they beat him with electric batons. They kept him at the detention center for 25 days. Because the authorities did not have enough evidence to send him to a forced labor camp, they sent him back to Beixing.

The chief of the Beixing Sub-Security Bureau, Lu Ziting, and the head of the security division, Liu Chunshan, and others publicly beat Mr. Yan at the gate of the sub-bureau and dragged him into a police car. Next, they drove him to a detention center. There, Mr. Yan did not eat for six consecutive days. On the seventh day, the guards saw that Mr. Yan was extremely weak and thin as a rail and that he could not walk steadily. Because they feared being held responsible, they let him go home.

Lu Ziting, assistant chief Zhu Fengying, and Liu Chunshan ordered 110 police patrols to monitor Mr. Yan 24 hours per day. They also sent two policemen to stay at his home and take turns closely monitoring him. Because Mr. Yan's apartment was above some commercial businesses, whenever the police went downstairs, they would pass these businesses, which seriously disturbed the merchants' normal operations. After the merchants protested, the police moved their squad cars a short distance away but continued to monitor Mr. Yan around the clock. Once, Mr. Yan was invited to a student-teacher reunion, but police from the detention center went with him to the event, which was in a hotel restaurant. This disgusted the other guests.

While Mr. Yan was still recovering his health, the police arrested him again. On the morning of the fourth day of his hunger strike, Mr. Yan did not get up. Police were afraid that he would die, so they again released him.

However, on the very next day, August 1, 2004, police officers Liu Chunshan and Liu Liying, Liu Yazhou, Wang Shijie and others pried open the lock on Mr. Yan's house. Four of them then lifted Mr. Yan, who was very debilitated, into a police vehicle and took him to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp.