Hu Zhengxi, a retired employee of the Grain and Oil Purchase and Sale Station in Niubitan, Dingcheng District, Changde City, Hunan Province, died as a result of persecution by the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province on May 5, 2005. After receiving notice of her death from the forced labor camp on May 7, the family members of Ms. Hu Zhengxi were told that Hu Zhengxi went on a hunger strike for more than ten days and died, the cause of her death was unclear, and in the mean time the forced labor camp hurriedly cremated the deceased in Zhuzhou.

The family of Hu Zhengxi held a funeral procession in Niubitan on May 9. Hu Zhengxi had been arrested three times before and placed in the Baimalong Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City by the wicked party. At the beginning of May 2004, when she was released from the forced labor camp, her body was emaciated, and she was extremely weak.

Hu Zhengxi had been detained more than once after she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa at the end of 1999. She was confined in the Changde City First and Second Detention Centers from the end of 1999 until April 2002. She was illegally sentenced by the Dingcheng District 610 Office to two years of forced labor in July 2002. Hu Zhengxi suffered all sorts of cruel tortures in the Baimalong Labor Camp, and later she succumbed to the forced brainwashing and deceit of the guards and collaborators. After her release on June 30, 2003, she awakened to the truth and was overcome by regret, and she started stepping forward to clarify the truth. On February 21, 2004 she was arrested while handing out truth clarification materials, sentenced by the Dingcheng District 610 Office to two and half years of forced labor, and again sent to the Baimalong Labor Camp and subjected to severe persecution.

She resisted the authorities' unreasonable requests and went on a hunger strike for more than 80 days in protest against the illegal detention and abuse. Finally she was tortured to the brink of death, and her body was emaciated. Despite this, her hands and legs were still cuffed by the guards, and she was hung up in the Zhuzhou Chemical Hospital. The labor camp authorities were afraid of being held responsible, so they informed the local police, and she was taken home at the beginning of May. Upon her recovery, several days later the police broke into her home and sent her to the Changde Rehabilitation Hospital (a mental hospital) for further persecution.

On July 29, 2004, officials from the CCP again sent Hu Zhengxi back to the Baimalong Labor Camp from the mental hospital. Hu suffered all kinds of abuse there, and several of her teeth were pried off. Despite her extremely weak and ill condition, the labor camp still illegally admitted her.

In the labor camp, in late April 2005 Hu Zhengxi again went on hunger strike to protest against the persecution. She was in critical condition after twelve days, and on May 4 she was sent to the Zhuzhou Chemical Hospital for emergency treatment. At 6:30 pm on May 5, 2005 Hu Zhengxi died due to the brutal torture by the Zhuzhou Baimalong Labor Camp.