Methods Used Recently by Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province to Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong County, Sichuan Province, follows Jiang Zemin's lead closely in the illegal persecution of Falun Gong. For more than six years, in order to force practitioners to give up their beliefs in Falun Gong, Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp has been using all sorts of inhumane methods to torture practitioners both physically and mentally. The tortures have included brainwashing, extension of sentences, slave labor, the tiger bench, electric baton shocks, police baton beatings, wolf-teeth clubs, leather belts, bamboo sticks, tying up with thin ropes, cuffing arms and legs to an iron bed, exposure to the baking sun, exposure to extreme cold, merciless beatings, confinement in water dungeons, forced feedings, beating the joints of arms and legs, stabbing into the vagina with chopsticks, incarcerating nursing mothers, and humiliating practitioners by stripping them naked. The following are additional methods adopted recently by Namusi Forced Labor Camp to persecute Falun Gong practitioners:
1. The guards force practitioners to drink water without stopping. Sometimes the water has laundry powder mixed in it. Then they refuse to let practitioners use the toilet. As a result, urine and excrement stream down the practitioners' trousers. The guards forbid the practitioners to take off their trousers, even if they, their trousers and their quilts are all soaked with urine. Even more despicably, the guards force practitioners to swallow urine.
2. The guards put practitioners' legs into the double-crossed position and then tie both arms and legs with ropes. The practitioner's arms and legs soon discolor. Sometimes they are tied in this position for as long as two days.
3. The guards force practitioners to lie down on a bench, and then the guards jump on their bodies and stomp on their stomachs and chests.
4. The guards burn practitioners' private areas with a cigarette lighter.
5. The guards, or criminals under the direction of the guards, pinch practitioners' breasts until they bleed.
6. The guards deprive practitioners of sleep and force them to stand against a wall for as long as one to two months.
7. Four guards surround one practitioner from four directions and then beat and kick him/her.
8. According to the labor law, citizens should only work for at most eight hours per day. But work in the fourth team of Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp starts at 6:20 a.m. and ends at 2:00 a.m. the next morning. If the cadre on night patrol comes by, the guards order the practitioners to turn off the lights to pretend that no one is working. After the cadre leaves, they force the practitioners to turn on the lights and resume work.
9. The fourth team continues to increase the inmate labor quotas. The quota for picking pig hairs increased from 18 kilograms per day in 2004 to 28 kilograms for Falun Gong practitioners, who are all older. The forced labor also includes making toys and doing handicrafts. Sometimes practitioners have to work through the night. Their sentences will be extended if they can't meet the quota.
10. The guards cuff practitioners' arms and legs to the bed with four pairs of handcuffs and brutally beat them.
Contact information for the responsible people and departments:
Justice Bureau of Sichuan Province
Address: 24 Shangxiang Street, Chengdu City, Post Code: 610015
Director of the bureau Zeng Xianzhang: 86-28-6626128
Deputy directors Li Rulin: 86-28-6747815, Li Xinmin: 86-28-6747654, and Peng Mao: 86-28-6750264
Secretary of the Commission for Discipline Inspection Cai Anheng: 86-28-6751171
Director of Political Division Li Guangcai: 86-28-6513192
Administrative director Wu Xianyou: 86-28-6785470 (Office), 86-28-6273544 (Home)
Forced Labor Camp Bureau of Sichuan Province
Address: Yingkoumen Huachengerzu, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Director Shen Jizhong: 86-28-7525973
Justice Department of Zizhong County, Sichuan Province
Address: Chonglong town, Zizhong County
Director He Guozhou: 86-832-5522482 (Office), 86-832-5520516 (Home)
Deputy directors Zhou Weixue: 86-832-5522482 (Office), 86-832-5521112 (Home) and Xie Zhirong: 86-832-5522482 (Office), 86-832-5521125 (Home)