(Clearwisdom.net) I was illegally arrested in 2004 and was sent to the Shanxi Province Women's Forced Labor Camp, also called the Xindian Women's Forced Labor Camp. I witnessed the guards cruelly torturing Falun Gong practitioners who were forced to do slave labor in a toxic environment. The guards hit practitioner Xin Enhao from Datong all over her body with a club. They stabbed her thighs and arms with needles, pinched her private area and kicked her stomach.

Division 3 was specifically established for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. The detainees in this division are almost exclusively Falun Gong practitioners. There are also a few inmates who are drug addicts whom the guards handpicked to aid in the persecution. Some of the inmates are tall and strong, while some are short, but vicious. The guards live on the third floor. The first floor is the workshop where the practitioners are forced to do heavy labor or processing work that other people are unwilling to do. The second floor is where the practitioners are held, and the criminal inmates are on the third floor with the guards. The whole building is shrouded in an atmosphere of terror, and slanderous slogans and pictures defaming Falun Gong are posted all over the place.

The authorities at the labor camp collude with lawless vendors and make many substandard products. The labor camp authorities and the vendors don't need to pay a salary, taxes, rent or utilities in making these products. At the same time, the guards achieve their goal of persecuting Falun Gong. They make huge profits by exploiting the practitioners. They make full use of the taxpayers' money that went into building and maintaining the labor camp. For example, the practitioners are forced to package millet, green beans and walnuts. Before the Chinese New Year, they are even busier as they process various products including advertisements, antithetical couplets and labels that are printed in underground printing factories. There is a lot of money to be made in the month before the Chinese New Year, therefore all the work tasks during that month are urgent ones, and the practitioners are forced to stay up all night to finish the jobs. The greedy guards force all practitioners and inmates to work around the clock, even if they are ill. If they don't work, they are tortured.

The practitioners are often made to process cigarette lighters in a workshop laden with toxic fumes. The toxic plastics and oil evaporate into the air, and the practitioners inhale the fumes because they are not issued any protective gear. Many practitioners soon develop all kinds of allergies.

In the summer the workshop has no cooling fan. More than 90 practitioners sit in a workshop 80 square meters in size, and they sweat profusely. The practitioners are forced to get up at 6:00 a.m., take a short break at noon, and then work until past 10:30 p.m. In the daytime they are forced to work and endure physical torture, and in the evening they are subjected to brainwashing. They also have to knit sweaters, make insoles, do laundry for the guards and clean the floors. They work over 11 hours each day. The guards said to the practitioners, "If our superiors ask you how long you work each day, you have to say six hours. Tell them we do our own cleaning, and don't tell them about knitting sweaters for us."

There are nine groups at Division 3. Each group consists of twelve people headed by a group head and a deputy group head who monitor all of the practitioners' daily activities. There are five self-appointed "civil administrative personnel." The guard in charge of "studying" thinks of various ways to brainwash the practitioners. She takes pleasure in persecuting people. Newly arrived practitioners are initially confronted with the "civil administrative personnel" who use various methods in attempts to brainwash the practitioner. The practitioner is then beaten. Punching and kicking are considered "light." They gag the practitioner's mouth with dirty rags to prevent her from screaming.

Practitioner Xin Enhao from Datong, Shanxi Province, is in her 20s. She was illegally sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. Every time her term was about to expire, the authorities extended her term, and they have done this three times. Each time the extension was three months, so she was held at the labor camp for a total of 27 months. The guards took a picture of her during interrogation and enlarged the picture and posted it in the hallway to humiliate her. They ordered inmates and collaborators to torture her over the course of more than two years. Upon her arrival, Xin Enhao was not allowed to sleep, to use the restroom, to drink, or to eat. She was detained in solitary confinement. She was only given cold buns and stale salted vegetables. The persecutors shoved the buns into her mouth and would not allow her to swallow on her own. She was forced to relieve herself inside the cell. When she was extremely thirsty, her tormentors made her drink urine. She was forced to wear very thin clothes in the winter. The inmates beat her entire body with a club, stabbed her thighs and arms with needles, and banged her head against the bed. Xin Enhao was tortured until she became incontinent.

The guards and inmates said, "Xin Enhao stinks so bad!" They constantly pinched her private area and kicked her stomach and private area until she bled profusely from her vagina. They used bamboo planks and bamboo sticks to beat her. The inmates monitored Xin Enhao while forcing her to stand against the wall all day long and hit her whenever she moved. They also poured cold water on her head.

Xin Enhao did not give up Falun Dafa practice despite the vicious environment and the cruel torture. One time she met a newly arrested practitioner and passed a slip of paper to this practitioner. She wrote on the paper, "Do you have Master's new articles?" She thus risked punishment in order to have a chance to read the teachings of Falun Dafa.

Practitioner Pei Xiuying, 44, from Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province was twice detained at the labor camp. After her second arrest she held a hunger strike to protest the torture. The guards detained her in the interrogation room on the second floor and ordered inmates to watch her. In the middle of the night the guards and inmates savagely beat her. Her screams could be heard from the other end of the hallway. On the evening of February 8, 2005, everyone heard Pei Xiuying screaming. Guards Meng Hao and Lei Hongzhen were on duty. They were afraid of people learning of the torture. They hastily closed the door and Meng Hao loudly cursed Pei Xiuying.

On the afternoon of February 14, guards Wang Xinhong, Liang Junxia and Kong Jianying ordered inmates Na Xiaoyan, Tie Yandong and Lian Li to beat the practitioners. Wang Xinhong and Liang Junxia ordered other people to beat the practitioners, and Kong Jianying to stand guard outside the door. Guo, head of the labor camp, was accompanying some officials on an inspection. The officials heard some moaning and asked, "What's going on?" The guards told them the inmates were disobedient and were fighting with each other, and the officials went away. Less than ten minutes after Guo left, the three guards brought in Wang Chong, the most vicious of all the inmates, in addition to the three other inmates, to savagely beat Pei Xiuying. They beat her until all of the guards and inmates were exhausted. The guards rewarded the inmates, and Wang Chong received a three-month sentence reduction.

Later, other practitioners were sent to the labor camp: Niu Lanying, 44, who lived in Datong and worked as an accountant for the railway bureau, Ma Yueying, who is in her 40s, and lived in Datong, Shanxi Province, and Li Runfang, 35, whose left leg is amputated below the knee. She walks with a prosthesis. She lived in Taiyuan City. These practitioners are still being persecuted. All three practitioners were arrested for the second time. Ma Yueying and Li Runfang were not allowed to sleep normally after arriving at the labor camp. They were forced to work day and night. The inmates and collaborators monitored them from the beginning and used various cruel means to torture them. Li Runfang is handicapped and the torture is even more painful for her, yet the persecutors enjoy the practitioners' suffering.

Practitioner Niu Lanying was detained in the barber's room by guards from Division 3. They covered all the windows with cloth and ordered inmates and collaborators to monitor and torture her. Due to a shortage of thugs, the guards later detained Ma Yueying, Li Runfang and Niu Lanying together and the perpetrators monitored them around the clock. They were afraid Niu Lanying would shout out things to expose their deeds, so they taped her mouth shut. Niu Lanying went on a hunger strike for a long time. The guards feared her death, so they detained her with a mentally ill inmate and removed the tape from her mouth. Niu Lanying shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truth Compassion Tolerance is good! It's a crime to persecute innocent people! It's wrong to not allow Li Runfang to sleep!"

There was construction in the courtyard, and many of the workers quietly listened to her. The perpetrators force-fed Niu Lanying daily with corn porridge and salt. They took Niu Lanying to the infirmary room on the second floor of another building. Niu Lanying shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" everywhere she went.

After 73 days of a hunger strike, Niu Lanying was skin and bones, but she still persisted in her belief. She was at the brink of death, and the guards didn't want her to die at the labor camp, so they secretly sent her home. They told people at the labor camp, "We sent Niu Lanying to a large hospital for medical treatment." Several months later the guards went to Niu Lanying's home and saw that she had somewhat recovered, so they took her back to the labor camp. She again went on a hunger strike, and her current situation is unknown.

To this day, the guards and their accomplices still torture all of the Falun Gong practitioners detained at Xindian Women's Forced Labor Camp.

People at Division 3 who persecute the practitioners include division head Meng Hao, political head Liu Zhongmei, deputy head Lei Hongzhen who was transferred away, guards Wang Dali, Wang Xinghong, Shi Jian, Yang Bin, Kong Jianying, Liang (given name unknown), Liang Junxia, Chen Chunxiang, Cheng Donghui, Shang (given name unknown), and Yan (given name unknown). Guards who were transferred away include Xiao Yan, Zhao Wenlian, and Gao. Inmates who are drug addicts include Wang Chong from Taiyuan City, Tie Yandong from Yuncheng, Li Yuping from Taiyuan City, Na Xiaoyan from Taiyuan City, Lian Li from Yuncheng, Hu Yinglian from Dai County, Bian Wenjing from Taiyuan City, and Yang Yulian from Datong.

Persecution of Falun Gong practitioners similar to what takes place at the Xindian Women's Forced Labor Camp is happening on a daily basis throughout China. The head perpetrators responsible for the persecution are the evil Chinese Communist Party and Jiang Zemin.