(Clearwisdom.net) Mrs. Liu Xiangzhen, 64, lived in Dongchen Village, Nanzhiqiu Town, Xinji City, Hebei Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before that time she had terminal hepatitis and ascites, and could not take care of herself. Practicing Falun Gong significantly improved her mind and body. Her illnesses vanished. She could work in the field and in her house again. On July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, she "clarified the facts" and appealed for Falun Gong to the Shijiazhuang City government. Because Mrs. Liu refused to renounce the practice, the local 610 Office repeatedly harassed her. Persecutors forced Mrs. Liu to sign fabricated documents, illegally searched her home, and confiscated her Dafa books, truth-clarification materials, tractor, motorcycle, TV, and stereo. The 610 Office personnel also frequently detained her relatives for letting her practice Falun Gong. Mrs. Liu's children and children-in-law were persecuted at the Xinli Detention Center. Persecutors also illegally fined the family. Because of long-term persecution, Mrs. Liu passed away on January 25, 2003.

Mr. Li Zhentong, 67, and his wife, Mrs. Zhang Xiuhe, also 67, lived in Qinghuitou Village, Donganzhuang Town, Shenzhou City, Hebei Province. They had joined the peaceful appeal in Beijing on July 20, 1999, and returned home safely. In 2000, police intimidated their son, who was also a practitioner, for distributing truth-clarification materials. He left home for fear of an illegal arrest. Police and 610 Office personnel often harassed and bullied Mr. Li and Mrs. Zhang. They suffered physical and psychological persecution. Mrs. Zhang passed away on July 3, 2003, and Mr. Li died on October 21, 2005.

Mrs. Xu Deyun, 71, lived in Zhaoge Village, Guzhi District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Mrs. Xu, her husband Zheng Zhaofu, and their daughter Zhen Xiuzhi began practicing Falun Gong in 1996. They all experienced major health improvements. Between July 1999 and late 2000, Mrs. Xu's daughter twice went to appeal in Beijing for Falun Gong. She was illegally detained four times and tortured in a psychiatric hospital twice. Ms. Zhen Xiuzhi is a former worker at the Tangshan Steel Factory. She was injured at the eighth level in an industrial accident. She was fired by the steel factory. The 610 Office at the steel factory often went to her home and harassed her. Later, she was forced to leave home for two and a half years because she was reported for producing truth-clarifying materials. Between September 2000 and April 2001, Mr. Zheng was detained in the Fengnan Detention Center, because he had gone to Beijing to appeal. His health severely deteriorated during the imprisonment. Even after he was released, officers from the Changchun Road Police Station still frequently came to harass them at home. Mrs. Xu's health also deteriorated as a result of the persecution. She died on November 18, 2005.

Ms. Song Min, 34, worked in the Hubei Institute of Hydroelectricity. She started practicing in 1998. During the persecution, the political office in the Institute frequently threatened her to renounce Falun Gong. In December 2001, Institute officials and 610 officers illegally arrested Ms. Song from work and took her to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center. Torture emaciated Ms. Song. Following her release in August 2002, Ms. Song was relegated to a lower position at the Institute. The persecution severely injured Ms. Song physically and psychologically. She passed away on November 7, 2005.

Mr. Liu Yuchen, 64, lived in the Xiangyang District, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. He began practicing in 1995, and his health improved greatly. Despite the intense persecution, Mr. Liu, his wife, and daughter kept on practicing and appealing for Falun Gong. They were harassed, detained, and fined many times. Their property was confiscated. Mr. Liu's nephew, also a practitioner, was tortured to death in the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. In the last few years, Mr. Liu's family has suffered heavy psychological and physical losses. Unable to bear the pressure of this brutal persecution, Mr. Liu died on November 21, 2005.

Mr. Sun Fuxi, 68, lived in Zhenhaiya Village, Binyu Town, Weihai City, Shandong Province. He started practicing in 1995 and experienced a big improvement in his health. During the persecution, local police and government officials frequently harassed him at home. His wife was illegally detained many times. Unable to bear the pressure of this brutal persecution, Mr. Sun passed away on August 2, 2005.