Mr. Li Zhengjin from Yibin City, Sichuan Province, Dies from Continual Harassment and Persecution

Mr. Li Zhengjin, 61 years old, was a Dafa practitioner in Xunchang Town, Yibin City, Sichuan Province. Before practicing Falun Dafa, he suffered from paralysis and had to lie in bed for long periods of time. After starting to practice in 1998, he was miraculously cured. In 2001, he went to Beijing to peacefully appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. Because of this action, he was illegally imprisoned and tortured by criminals for ten months. Even after being released, the police continued to harass him at home and even broke into and ransacked his residence. The long-term psychological pressure and inability to peacefully practice his beliefs caused Mr. Li's newly healthy body to deteriorate and severe diseases again re-emerged. Around August 14, 2005, the Yibin City 610 Office started to use lies and threats to arrest practitioners in Yibin City and imprison them in the brainwashing center at the Jinshajing Hotel. Mr. Li's feeble body was unable to withstand the torture so he was sent home. A few days after this latest series of harassment, torture and persecution, Mr. Li Zhengjin died.

Ms. Jiang Guiqing from Dalian City, Liaoning Province Dies from Continual Harassment and Persecution

Ms. Jiang Guiqing was a practitioner in Qianzhangtun, Shaojia Village, Pikou Town, Pulandian Area, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. She passed away on October 1, 2003, at the age of 64 due to the effects of constant harassment and torture.

Ms. Jiang's entire family practiced Falun Gong, and every family member has suffered persecution since July 20, 1999, when the assault on Falun Gong began.

Zhang Yunxin, Ms. Jiang's husband, had been persecuted numerous times by Chinese Communist Party officials. He was illegally detained at the Pulandian Detention Centre for going to Beijing to appeal on July 20, 1999. In 2000, he was illegally arrested and detained by the Xinghaiwan Police Station for 15 days at the Dalian Detention Centre for practicing the exercises in Xinghai Square in Dalian City. In April 2002, he was once again arrested and imprisoned in the brainwashing center at the Dalian City Party School. His home has been broken into and ransacked on several occasions.

Their eldest daughter, Zhang Min, was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City in 1999.

Their second daughter, Zhang Qin, has been arrested several times, the most recently, with her husband, Wang Changbao. The Yangshufang Police Station in the Pulandian Area arrested them for distributing materials that clarified the truth about the persecution. Ms. Zhang Qin was sentenced to forced labor for three years and Mr. Wang was sentenced to two years. Both husband and wife are imprisoned in Dalian City Forced Labor Camp. They have also been extorted out of 5,000 yuan.

Their youngest daughter, Zhang Ling, has been arrested many times. In April 2002, she was arrested together with her father Zhang Yunxin and was sent to a brainwashing center. Nevertheless, she has always maintained her righteous thoughts.

Ms. Jiang Guiqing's home was broken into and ransacked many times. Under the long-term red-terror persecution, and because Ms. Jiang was unable to practice cultivation normally, she was devastated both physically and mentally. She died on October 1, 2003.

Beijing Practitioner Ms. Song Xiaohui Dies from Continual Harassment and Persecution

Beijing practitioner Ms. Song Xiaohui, approximately 50 years of age, was persecuted to death sometime in early 2005 after having been forced to leave her home to avoid arrest for three years. During those three years, she stayed at a truth clarifying materials production site and helped produce the materials.