(Clearwisdom.net) One day in mid-April 2004, several Falun Dafa practitioners detained in the Second Division of the Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province carried out a brave deed. The women included Ms. Zheng Meiying, Ms. Zhang Zhenhua, Ms. Zhou Huifen and Ms. Liu Xixiang. They performed their act fearlessly in protest of the persecution! They validated Falun Dafa by shouting, "Falun Dafa is great!" Their voices shocked the evil in heaven and on earth. However, the labor camp authorities initiated a round of persecution, unprecedented in its evilness, against the practitioners. To start it all off, male police officers with police batons, electric batons, and other torture equipment were brought in. All Falun Gong practitioners detained at the labor camp were then brought into the lobby and it was announced that severe punishment was to commence. They said the practitioners who shouted, in particular, were subject to confinement in small cells.

The police officers then handcuffed the practitioners, dragged them, pulled them and violently carried them. The terror brought about by the wicked police officers' intimidation and yelling is hard to describe. Among the police officers, Zhao Wenhui, a female Section Chief, was particularly evil. Zhao dragged practitioner Ms. Zhou Huifen and personally singled her out from the group. Then they handcuffed the practitioners in the bathrooms, by the staircases, or even worse, in confinement cells built specifically for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners.

There are many different methods the guards use to handcuff practitioners. The methods include handcuffing and hanging, and handcuffing behind the back with one arm extended over the shoulder. As part of the latter method, some guards stuff a big pad between the practitioner's back and arms so that the practitioner can't stand straight. If she moves, the big pad would fold around the head, making it difficult to breathe. Some wicked persons even handcuff practitioners so ruthlessly that they are unable to stand up or sit down. Some practitioners' arms were stretched straight, which can cause disability. When handcuffed like this, it is impossible to wash the face or brush the teeth, let alone take a shower. Even using the bathroom is very difficult.

Ms. Zheng Meiying, who is in her 60s, was handcuffed and held in the confinement cell for the longest time. She was rarely seen for over three months. Those who had seen her said that her hands were swollen with big terrifying blisters everywhere from the handcuff torture. Her feet and legs were also swollen so badly that she couldn't stand upright.

Practitioner Ms. Shao Xirong has been handcuffed in the stairway for a long time. She was very good-looking with a nice figure when first sent here, but she is now very emaciated from the brutal torture.

Ms. Sun Kezhen was deprived of sleep for days and her activities were severely limited. Xie Yunqiu, a "collaborator" who helped Wang Huili persecute Falun Gong practitioners, saw Ms. Sun asleep and clipped her eyelids up with a clamp. Collaborators who have been spying on practitioners and severely limiting practitioners' activities include Jiao Fangyu from the Shandong Laiwu Steel International Corp., Song Guorong from Shouguang County, and Lu Yutao from Zibo City. They have done all kinds of evil deeds in the labor camp. Because of their spying on practitioners and aiding the evildoers, Falun Dafa practitioners suffered torture just for giving a brief look to one another.

As soon as she was sent into the labor camp, practitioner Ms. Xu Jinying was held in a room under the staircase and secretly tortured. Ms. Xu conducted a righteous act with righteous thoughts by carrying out a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The guards, as usual, inserted a tube into her nose and attempted to force-feed her. The scene of blood dripping everywhere was terrifying. When Ms. Xu pulled the tube out with her hand, deputy division head Li Ling handcuffed her to keep her from doing it again and continued to force-feed her. This torture continued for more than 20 days, and Ms. Xu was brought to the brink of death. For fear of being held responsible for their acts, the labor camp authorities released her.

In the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, Faun Dafa practitioners' righteous acts to protest the evil persecution have been emerging here and there nonstop.

After the retirement of division head Wang Huili in September 2004, Zhao Wenhui assumed her position. Zhao Wenhui very quickly gained the reputation and name of "mortal evildoer."

Zhao Wenhui is about 1.8 meters (5 ft. 11 in.) tall. She often appears without warning behind people's backs or next to a window, spying and secretly recording the names of those who have violated the so-called labor camp rules and disciplines, so as to justify harsher punishments for the practitioners by prolonging their terms or overloading them with labor duties. Sometimes she also does this publicly to collect evidence for further persecution. Zhao once sent practitioner Cheng Aiyun, who was in her 30s, to the "senior's group" so as to hand her over to inmates such as Hu Yanan for strict punishment and even more severe persecution.

The senior's group was established by the former division head Wang Huili. The practitioners held there were around 50 years old, with the oldest being almost 70. The practitioners comprising this group had refused to cooperate with the evildoers in doing any labor or writing anything down. Instead, they sometimes even practiced the Falun Dafa exercises. When Wang Huili held her position, she had persecuted the practitioners many times. In the end, for fear of taking any responsibilities in case they died, she established a senior's group, with the aim of using a different form to persecute the older ladies.

After Zhao Wenhui assumed the position of division head, she extended her vicious persecution policies to the senior's group. The first thing she did was report the information she had collected about Ms. Cheng Aiyun to the labor camp authorities, saying that she was lazy and couldn't finish her labor assignments. Then she said that Ms. Cheng didn't pay attention to sanitation. The fact is, they persecute Falun Gong practitioners by not allowing them to use the bathroom. But Zhao's report says that Ms. Cheng Aiyun asked for a bathroom break and was denied, so she urinated into the garbage can without authorization. She said that Ms. Cheng Aiyun had violated the rules and regulations of the labor camp and should be punished. As a result, the labor camp authorities approved severe punishment for Ms. Cheng Aiyun.

Ms. Cheng Aiyun was restrained in the bathroom for a long period of time. In the cold winter, she was handcuffed onto two separate ice-cold pipes into a position where she could not sit down or stand up straight. They also did not allow her to wear warm clothing and she was freezing and shaking continuously. She was detained in a state of freezing cold for more than one month. Using the toilet was even more extremely limited. She was forced to urinate in her pants when she couldn't hold it any longer. According to inmates who saw her, "Cheng Aiyun has suffered the most hardships. Her clothes stink so badly and her body is itching so much, but she can't reach anywhere to scratch because she is handcuffed, and the handcuffs tighten more and more as she moves her hands. Actually, they can no longer actually be called "hands." Moreover, she can't stand straight any longer because of being forced to bend over for so long."

Sometimes the authorities tied her up and straightened her body by force, saying that it was good for her to straighten her back. Because Wang Huili had starved Ms. Cheng Aiyun for six days in the past, the evildoer Zhao followed her and often kept Ms. Cheng from eating anything for days from time to time. Then all of a sudden, they would force Ms. Cheng to eat all the food that had been accumulated during those days. Ms. Cheng's body and mind were severely devastated by the ongoing torture and started to show signs of mental collapse.

Among the other practitioners held in the senior's group, Ms. Zheng Meiying was sent to another division for brainwashing and persecution, Ms. Ma Yulian, who is in her sixties, was kept in the duty office, Ms. Wang Lulian was kept in the office, and Ms. Zhang Zhenhua and Ms. Wu Peixiang were kept in other places for brainwashing and persecution.

Zhao Wenhui forced Falun Dafa practitioners to do excessive labor. She forced them to make carpets during the daytime and wrap copper coils at other times. The huge workload she assigned was impossible to finish even if one worked from 5:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. or midnight. Oftentimes practitioners had to awaken at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. to start working. If one still could not finish, Zhao Wenhui would punish them by extending the detention term, or by other means. On the one hand, she would give them excessive work assignments, and on the other hand she would say sarcastically, "The only reason for your not being able to finish is because of working too slowly. You're bound to finish as long as you speed up. The labor camp authorities do not encourage working overtime, so you should all follow the routine and go to bed at 10:00 p.m. and no later than 11:00 p.m."

Wang Huili and Zhao Wenhui transferred the Falun Dafa practitioners who protested the persecution by refusing to do labor to the drug control group and extended their terms for up to six months. Then they continued to assign them labor, but divided it up among the drug addicts. They knew the inmates dared not to refuse even if they disliked it, and could only vent their anger on the practitioners. They not only added to the drug addict inmates' workloads, but also used some of them to persecute Dafa practitioners. When practitioner Ms. Zhang Wanxia was beaten by the inmates and seriously injured, evildoer Wang Huili did not punish the inmates. Instead, she handcuffed Ms. Zhang Wanxia in the bathroom and abused her. Another practitioner, Ms. Lu Renjuan, was also transferred to the drug addict group. The inmates often verbally humiliated her. The inmates who beat Ms. Zhang Wanxia included Zhang Hui, Hu Yanan, Han Miao, Hu Xiaojing and Liu Jia. Incited by the police, they are absolutely lawless.

The vicious deeds done by evildoers Wang and Zhao that we just described are only the tip of the iceberg in this forced labor camp. The practitioners mentioned above are only the few cases that are known. The way that these people abuse, torment, and torture practitioners under the persecution is concealed. Therefore, many persecution methods are unknown.

The guards responsible for the persecution atrocities are Wang Huili, Zhao Wanhui, Li Ling, Fang Xiuzhen, Dong Xinying, Zhao Li, Sun Zhenhong, Shi Wei, Wang Yin, Liu Ying, Li Qilian and Song Lijuan.

September 1, 2005