(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Sui Futao, 28, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Tonggou Village, Liunan Township, Liuhe County of Jilin Province. On April 30, 2002, he died after being subjected to the "sitting stool" torture in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp of Changchun City. "Sitting stool" is a type of torture employed by the labor camp, where one has to sit on a small stool with triangular ridges in the same position every day for twelve to twenty hours, and not allowed to move even a bit. Everyone who has been subjected to such torture has suffered from injury to the buttocks and partial paralysis of the body. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html)

On January 17, 2001, Sui Futao was arrested by the deputy head of the township Zhang Guoyou, township police chief Cui Xiaoying and others. He was sent to the Liuhe County Detention Center. After several months of illegal detention, on June 13, 2001, they sent him to Tonghua Labor Camp for prolonged persecution.

During his imprisonment at Tonghua Labor Camp, the guards instigated prisoners to ask Sui Futao whether Falun Dafa was good. If he said that it was good, they would then brutally beat him. The severe tortures caused Sui Futao to suffer from liver cirrhosis and ascites. Sui Futao was also subjected to an unlawful extension of his imprisonment.

In December 2001, the Tonghua Labor Camp transferred all Falun Gong practitioners who were imprisoned to Changchun City's Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. Sui Futao was imprisoned in the No. 2 Division. He was brutally beaten by prisoners on a regular basis, and his face was often swollen like a balloon. On the day of his arrival at the Chaoyanggou and again on the second day, he was brutally beaten by the prisoners twice. His face was blue and swollen, and it was particularly swollen on one side. He had difficulty eating for many days.

After the beating, Sui Futao's health deteriorated further. On April 26, 2002, Sui Futao could not feel his heartbeat. He asked the guards for hospitalization, but nobody listened to him.

On the morning of April 30, when forced to enduring the "sitting stool" again, Sui Futao felt painful and started to shake all over. The guards said, "Let us observe him for 10 minutes before we send him to the hospital." Before noon, Sui Futao, who was only 28 years old, died as a result of torture.

The guards of Chaoyanggou were afraid of taking responsibility for his death. They asked all the prisoners in the same cell to sign a statement to verify that Sui Futao had health problems. When Sui's family saw his body, there was severe swelling around his chin, and he was black and blue all over.

Liuhe County Liunan Township party secretary Mu Qianhua, deputy head of township Zhang Guoyou, police chief Cui Xiaoying etc. closely followed Jiang's group to harass and arrest local practitioners. Whenever there were holidays, they would force practitioners to sign their names at the village office in the morning, at noon and in the evening. They illegally summoned practitioners to their offices, did not allow practitioners to visit each other or allow them to go out. They also broke into practitioners' homes, forcing practitioners to write Guarantee Statements promising not to practice Falun Gong and sign them. If practitioners refused to write such statements, they would force those practitioners to attend brainwashing classes during the busy farming period. They have severely trampled on the citizens' personal freedom and rights.

Relevant Telephone Numbers:
Zhang Guoyou: Deputy Head of Liunan Township, Liuhe County 86-435-7624999 86-13196142066(Cell)
Residential Address: Liunan Township, Liuhe County, Jilin Province, postal code: 135321

November 06, 2004