Latest News from China - December 21, 2004
- [Guangxi Autonomous Region] Practitioner Mr. Gan Yangzhi Blinded Due to Torture at Guangxi District's No.1 Detention Center
- [Sichuan Province] Persecution Account of Practitioners Wang Haibo and Wife Fang Hui at Sichuan University
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Zhu Hong Arrested for Clarifying the Truth
- [Beijing] Practitioner Zhang Weizhen Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Zhang Shuqing Arrested and Sent to a Brainwashing Class
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Internet Police Arrest Ms. Ji Hui and Ms. Wu Jinjuan
- [Dezhou City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Meng Qingwen and Her Husband
- [Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Torture Sun Weiping and Wang Yuling
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Li Zhao Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Beijing] Ning Yuying and Zhang Wenhua Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying CDs
- [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Hebei Province] Li Haoxue Arrested for Making Falun Gong Truth-Clarifying Materials (Belated News)
- [Tianjin] Dr. Zhang Runmei Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
1. [Guangxi Autonomous Region] Practitioner Mr. Gan Yangzhi Blinded Due to Torture at Guangxi District's No.1 Detention Center
On February 7, 2004, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Gan Yangzhi from Yulin City, Guangxi Autonomous Region was arrested and sentenced to one and a half years of imprisonment. On March 4, 2004 he was transferred to the No.1 Division in Guangxi District's No.1 Detention Center. As he did not give up his belief in Falun Dafa, he was tortured so severely that he lost his sight. At present, though he has finished all the paperwork required to be bailed out to receive medical treatment, Yulin City's 610 Office refused to escort him back on December 15, 2004, which is the final step for bail. The situation is still not resolved.
Guangxi District's No.1 Detention Center: 86-771-5612600
2. [Sichuan Province] Persecution Account of Practitioners Wang Haibo and His Wife Fang Hui at Sichuan University
Officials at Sichuan University fired all practitioners who have been arrested, imprisoned or sentenced for practicing Falun Gong. Among those arrested are professor Ms. Yang Jingxia, Mr. Wang Haibo from the Mathematics Institute, and Ms. Fang Hui from the Foreign Language Institute.
Wang Haibo is currently being held at the Leshan Prison and his wife, Fang Hui, posted bail for medical treatment due to her poor health after experiencing severe persecution.
Fang Hui currently does not have any income and cannot take care of herself. In addition, their 12-year-old son needs tuition fees. One of her relatives went to the local residential street administration office for a loan, but was refused. Fang Hui was tortured to disability at Pi County's Detention Center. Police used light bulbs that were several hundred watts to burn her eyes. At present she can barely see anything. She cannot walk normally because of long-term shackling. She cannot speak and is afraid of loud noises. Sometimes she murmurs several unclear sentences and certain noises cause her physical pain as they cause her to recall the torture.
3. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Zhu Hong Arrested for Clarifying the Truth
At noon on December 6, 2004, practitioner Ms. Zhu Hong was arrested. She lives at the Dongcaiyuan, Yuehu Street, Hanyang District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. The arrest happened when she went to Wuchang City to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. Her whereabouts are unknown and her family worries about her a lot. They inquired for information about her everywhere, but have not received a response.
4. [Beijing] Practitioner Zhang Weizhen Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
Practitioner Cai Xiaole, who lives at the residential area of Tsinghua University, was arrested at the airport last month. Cai's house was ransacked. Afterwards, Cai was arrested and sentenced.
In early December, practitioner Ms. Zhang Weizhen, wife of an employee at Tsinghua University, was arrested at the university campus for distributing truth-clarifying materials.
5. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Zhang Shuqing Arrested and Sent to a Brainwashing Class
In December 2004, personnel from the Liujiang Street Administration Office put practitioner Zhang Shuqing into a brainwashing class after Zhang had just been released.
6. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Internet Police Arrest Ms. Ji Hui and Ms. Wu Jinjuan
At around 10 a.m. on December 17, 2004, personnel from the Dengshahe Police Precinct led some Internet-police officers on a mission to arrest practitioners. They split into two groups. One group went to the Dengshahe Elementary School to arrest Ms. Ji Hui, while the other group went to ransack Ji Hui's home and confiscate her computer.
At around 1:00 p.m., they went to Ms. Wu Jinjuan's home, arrested her and searched her home. They spent over an hour turning the house upside down. They confiscated a Dafa book, two pamphlets and one computer. The two practitioners are currently being held in Dalian City.
It is suspected that Internet police tracked down Ji Hui when she clarified the truth with QQ software on the Internet. Hereby we remind fellow practitioners again: please, do not use QQ any longer, because it is being closely monitored by the police!
7. [Dezhou City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Meng Qingwen and Her Husband
On December 14, 2004, personnel from the Jianshe Police Precinct in the Decheng District arrested practitioner Ms. Meng Qingwen from Dezhou City, Shandong Province when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong at work. Police officers from the Hedong Development Zone in Dezhou City searched her home and arrested her husband Mr. Luo Yulin, who is also a practitioner. The two are now being held at Dezhou City's Detention Center.
8. [Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Torture Sun Weiping and Wang Yuling
On December 8, 2004, officer Yang Lijun, Laozhou Police Precinct deputy chief, arrested Ms. Sun Weiping and Ms. Wang Yuling from Harbin City when the two practitioners clarified the truth about Falun Gong in Zhaodong City. The two practitioners are currently detained by the city's police department and they have been brutally tortured. At present they are receiving medical treatment in a hospital. Police authorities are refusing visits from their families.
Phone number of personally responsible persons for the persecution:
Deputy Chief of the Laozhou Police Precinct, Yang Lijun: 86-455-7758110, 86-455-7706179 (home)
9. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Li Zhao for Arrested Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
On December 19, 2004, practitioner Mr. Li Zhao from Xi'an City, about 60 years old, was arrested when distributing truth-clarifying materials in the Yanta District, the southern suburb of Xi'an City. He is currently being held in the Yanta District Detention Center.
10. [Beijing] Ning Yuying and Zhang Wenhua Arrested for Distributing Truth-Clarifying CDs
At around 10:00 p.m. on December 16, 2004, Ms. Ning Yuying, 46 years old, and Ms. Zhang Wenhua, 56 years old, were arrested at Tongli New Village, Songzhuang Town, the Tongzhou District, Beijing when distributing truth-clarifying CDs. Since then, the whole residential area has been monitored. Many security guards patrol the area and people who go in or out are closely scrutinized.
Phone number of personally responsible unit:
Community Office, Tongli New Village, Songzhuang Town, Tongzhou District, Beijing: 86-10-89599012
Police Precinct, Tongli New Village, Songzhuang Town, Tongzhou District, Beijing: 86-10-69590859
11. [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Mr. Du Zijun, the former head of Jiangyou City's Mental Hospital, has practiced medicine for many years. He started to practice Falun Gong with his wife Ms. Wu. They benefited both spiritually and physically. Personnel from the city's police department and from the National Security Department arrested the couple and others, and sentenced them to forced labor.
Other persecuted practitioners include:
Mr. Fu Bing, 26 years old, sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment;
Ms. Liang Hua, 40 years old, sentenced to 12 years of imprisonment.
12. [Hebei Province] Li Haoxue Arrested for Making Truth-Clarifying Materials (Belated News)
Mr. Li Haoxue, around 30 years old, was arrested in February 2002 for making truth-clarifying materials. His current situation is unknown.
13. [Tianjin] Dr. Zhang Runmei Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Dr. Zhang Runmei from Tianjin University was sentenced to two years of forced labor and is currently being held in the No. 3 Division, the Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp, Dagang District, Tianjin.
National Security Team, the Nankai Police Precinct: chief: Liu Jian, deputy chief: Li Xin; police officers: Wang Hongshui, Cao Yu
Address: Erwei Road #34, Nankai, Tianjin, China