Jiang Zemin and His Followers in the Education System Persecute Falun Gong Resulting in Expulsion and Death of China's Best and Brightest (Photos)

September 07, 2004

(Clearwisdom.net) In the persecution of Falun Gong orchestrated by Jiang Zemin's regime, the nationwide Ministries of Education in China force every teacher and student at all levels of schooling: university, high school or primary school, to declare their stance on Falun Gong, similar to what happened during the Cultural Revolution. They beaurocrats also use intimidation and threats to make students participate in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, and they force teachers and students to repeatedly watch propaganda moves that defame and attack Falun Gong, by using fabricated content. They have also carried out a "million signature against Falun Gong" campaign to force those in the education system to publicly sign their name and denounce Falun Gong. The Ministries of Education even go so far as to include defamatory content to incited hatred against Falun Gong in high school and primary school teaching curriculum. Defamatory exam questions against Falun Gong were required to be implemented throughout the entire education system, including college entrance examination and graduate student test questions. For teachers who refused to participate in the persecution of Falun Gong or who persisted in practicing Falun Gong, they were unlawfully dismissed and then detained by the authorities. As for students who practice Falun Gong, they are dismissed from school, not allowed to enter a higher grades, prohibited from graduating, sent to forced labor camps or mental hospitals, and/or forced to attend brainwashing programs where a combination of physical violence, sleep deprivation and propaganda is used to make them renounce their practice of Falun Gong. The authorities freely rely upon the use of torture and threats to brainwash practitioners, which has frequently resulted in practitioners deaths. Since 1999, in Qinghua University alone, more than 300 professors, teachers, doctorates, master's students and undergraduates have been illegally detained, dismissed from work and school, or directly sent to forced labor camps.

According to the Clearwisdom website, at least 1014 practitioners have been killed as a result of the persecution as of July 23, 2004. Under the educational system led by Chen Zhili, one of Jiang's top political followers, a total of 72 teaching personnel and students have been persecuted to death, the youngest being 17 year old Ms. Chen Ying, who was in 10th grade at Kiamusu City Shuren High School, and the eldest is 68 year old Harbin City Business Administration School professor Zhou Jingsen.

Students Are Killed as a Result of Being Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong

Ms. Chen Ying, 17 years old, was a student at Class 2, 10th grade of Kiamusu City Shuren High School, Heilongjiang Province. On August 16, 1999, the police escorted her back home by train after she appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing. On the trip back home, the policemen threatened, physically assaulted and verbally abused Chen Ying. They handcuffed her to the luggage rack and gave her only half a piece of bread and half a bottle of water during the trip. They did not allow her to close the door when she used the restroom. Chen Ying could not bear the abuse anymore so after using the restroom, she closed the door and tried to escape by jumping off the train at 2:34 P.M. At that time, the train (Jingqin line) had traveled 280 miles. The train traveled another 20 miles before stopping. Commissar Li of Kiamusu City National Public Security Bureau and the head of the No.2 train service team sent her to Fengrun Hospital for emergency treatment. At 6 P.M., Commissar Li said, "Take her off the oxygen support if she cannot be saved!" He did not want her family members to see that she was still alive. That same night, he took her body to the Fengrun Crematorium and put it in a freezer.

Ms. Chen Ying, 17, was a student at Class 2, 10th grade of Kiamusu City Shuren High School, Heilongjiang Province

Ms. Zheng Junshu was a 24-year-old student at Yanbian University in Jilin Province. She was originally from Erdaogang Village, Panshi County, Jilin City, Jilin Province. She went to Beijing to appeal in August 1999. The Security Department of Yanbian University forcibly took her back to school when Zheng wanted to stay in Beijing and continue her appeal and clarify the truth of Falun Gong. She jumped off the train on the way back to school and lost her life. The local police station cremated her body and took all of the money in her pocket (more than 3,000 yuan (1), gathered by practitioners for their stay and appeal in Beijing.).

Mr. Zhang Zhenzhong, 22 years old and originally from Xin County, Liaocheng City in Shandong Province, was an undergraduate student at the Business Administration School of Shandong Industrial University. He was an outstanding student. At home, he was the pride and joy of his family, and beloved by his friends. After Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong, the university detained him for going to appeal in Beijing, and eventually expelled him from school. In May 2001, he was arrested and brutally tortured by police when he and three other practitioners went to Tangyin County, Henan Province, to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. He went on a hunger strike to protest the unjust persecution. The police cruelly forced-fed him many times, causing severe hemorrhaging of the esophagus. Zhang was tortured to death ten days after his arrest.

High Resolution Picture

Mr. Zhang Zhenzhong, 22, was an undergraduate student at the Business Administration School of Shandong Industrial University

High School and Primary School Teachers Also Killed

Ms. Yu Fenghua, 57, lived in the Aimin Residential Area, Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province. She was a music teacher at the Mohan Elementary School of Fengcheng City. After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1997, she became healthier and looked younger than her age. One night in January 2001, while hanging a banner that read, "Falun Dafa is Good" in the downtown area of Dalian, Yu was abducted by the police, who had been following her. While in detention, she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong and firmly resisted the persecution.

Ms. Yu was sentenced to 8 years in prison. After several months in detention, she was transferred to Dabei Prison in Shenyang City, where she was further persecuted. During the three years of persecution, none of the evil's tactics could shake her determination and belief in Dafa. On May 5, 2004, Dabei Prison informed her family to take her home. She was on the brink of death. When her family arrived, she was carried out on a stretcher. After returning home, she passed away around 6 pm on May 10.

Mr. Xiao Yanglong, 32 years old, was a former teacher at the Dongxiang Town High School in Pingtan County, Fujian Province, and persisted in practicing Falun Dafa. When he was a teacher, more than 10 of his students began to practice Falun Gong. He also gave away Dafa books and materials to students at his school. He wrote letters to government leaders to explain the facts about Falun Gong and requested fair treatment of those who practiced Falun Gong. He firmly believed in Dafa, and while he was preparing to go to Beijing to validate Dafa, people from the local police station and People's Court detained him and sentenced him to 4 years in prison. After July of 2000, Xiao went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. On July 22, 2000, Mr. Xiao died as a result of the persecution he had suffered.

Ms. Lu Hongfeng, 37 years old, was a former vice-principal and educational administration chief at the No. 1 Elementary School in Lingwu City, Ningxia Province. She was an outstanding teacher and received many awards such as the Outstanding District Teacher, District Model Teacher, and other forms of recognition. In March of 2000, during the period of the "Two Meetings", [the National People's Congress and the Political Consultative Meeting] she signed an open letter to the People's Congress, calling for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. As a result, she was dismissed from her job as vice-principal. On June 7, 2003, Lu was sent to the Lingwu Mental Hospital even though she was mentally and physically healthy. At the mental hospital, Ms. Lu suffered brutal persecution for over fifty days. During this period, she was tied to a bed and injected with and forced to ingest large dosages of psychotropic medication, which were harmful to her central nervous system. Ms. Lu was traumatized from the inhuman torture inflicted upon her. She was also extremely weak. Lu passed away on September 6, 2000.

Ms. Lu Hongfeng, 37, was the former vice-principal and educational administration chief at the No. 1 Elementary School in Lingwu City, Ningxia Province

Ms. Li Guangzhen, 52 years old, was an outstanding teacher at Machang Town Center Primary School, Jianping County, Liaoning Province. Her husband Zhou Xirong is an English teacher at Machang Town High School. Their home was searched many times by police simply because they practice Falun Dafa. They have also been detained, severely beaten, and the police have extorted money from them. In October 2002, the police arrested and detained them both. In March 2003, they were illegally sentenced to 3 years in prison, and Ms. Li was sent to Dabei Prison in Shenyang. She was severely tortured to the point of being unable to eat on her own. She quickly became emaciated. In October 2003, she was bailed out of prison to receive medical treatment and she died on June 18, 2004.

Ms. Wang Xiaodong, age unknown, was a teacher at Nantou High School in Shenzhen City. In 2000, Ms. Wang exercised her legal rights and went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was abducted and sent to Nanshan Detention Center on April 29, 2000. In order to protest her illegal imprisonment, Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike and refused to wear the prison uniform. The police instigated inmates to beat and verbally abuse her. The guards also put a set of foot shackles on her, which weighed over 77 lb, almost weighing as much as she did. According to information from the Shenzhen City "610 Office" in Guangdong Province, Ms. Wang Xiaodong passed away in July of 2003 after being on a hunger strike for four months at Nanshan Detention Center in Shenzhen City. She was the second Falun Gong practitioner who died from persecution at Nanshan Detention Center. In 2001, Sheng Deming was the first practitioner who died at the detention center as a result of the persecution.

Ms. Wang Dongmei, in her 30's, was a schoolteacher in a town in Wuyi County, Hengshui City, Hebei Province. In 2001, after she was forced to attend a local brainwashing session, she was sent to Division Five of Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, she suffered all kinds of physical and mental abuse, including being tortured with rope, shocked with electric batons, sleep deprivation, and long periods of isolation. Although the police used all kinds of cruel means to torture her, they were unable to make her betray her belief. Later they transferred her to a mental hospital to try to break her will and inject her with psychotropic drugs. She was later taken home to serve her sentence under house arrest. People immediately noticed that she was in a poor mental state and suffering from amnesia. Her movements were slow, her speech was slurred and her reactions dull. When people asked why she was sent to the mental hospital, she slowly replied that she didn't know why. When asked what she was doing in the hospital, she replied, "Take medicine and get shots." When asked if she was forced to take medicine and get injections, she said, "Yes." Her arms still showed the dark purple bruises left by the rope torture. Wang Dongmei became mentally unstable from the psychotropic drugs forcefully given to her. She fell into a pond and drowned on March 12, 2004.

Ms. Zhang Shuzhen, 51 years old, lived at No. 39 Shifosi, Haidian District in Beijing. She retired from teaching at Yuanda Middle School in Haidian District. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1992. In 2001, the police arrested her and sent her to the Qinghe Forced Labor Camp for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. The policemen in the labor camp deprived her of sleep for several consecutive nights, shocked her with electric batons, seized her by the hair and threw her head against the wall. Furthermore, they infused unknown liquids into her anus, which caused horrendous pain in her stomach and her abdomen to swell up grotesquely. Inside sources said that the police afterwards sentenced Zhang to one year and 6 months of forced labor. She suffered from a violent stomachache on the way to Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp. Fearing that they would have to shoulder the responsibility, the labor camp officials ordered her family to take her home. Zhang Shuzhen was sent to the Haidian Hospital on October 9, 2002 at 7:00 p.m. She passed away at 9:00 p.m.

* University Educators Killed by the Persecution

Mr. Li Baifan, around 40 years old, was a lecturer at the East China Normal University. Because he insisted on practicing Falun Dafa after the persecution began in July 1999, Mr. Li was detained at the Dafeng State Farm in Jiangsu Province, and then transferred to the Qingdong State Farm in Shanghai. He was not allowed to see his family for two years. Because he refused to cooperate with the anti-Dafa propaganda and "transformation," at the end of April 2001, police officers threw Li out of a tall building, and the fall killed him upon impact. The responsible parties claimed that Mr. Li had committed suicide.

Mr. Li Baifan, around 40 years old, was a lecturer at the East China Normal University

Ms. Zhao Xin was born on June 28, 1968 in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She was a kind-hearted and excellent professor at Beijing University of Business and Industry. Ms. Zhao was illegally arrested and detained at Haidian District Detention Center because she went to Zizhuyuan Park to practice the Falun Gong exercises on June 19, 2000. During her detention, her fourth, fifth and sixth thoracic vertebrae were fractured from the brutal beatings inflicted upon her. The injuries left her paralyzed. She could only move her head. After suffering six months of unimaginable pain, she died on the evening of December 11, 2000, at the age of 32.

Ms. Zhao Xin, a 32-year-old professor in Beijing University of Business and Industry

Mr. Wang Jiguo, 40 years old, was a staff member at the Mudanjiang City Teachers' College. In March 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. He was arrested and taken back to Mudanjiang City, where he was sentenced to three years of forced labor. In August 2000, due to severe persecution, Wang was on the verge of death in the labor camp. He was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, ascites, and a comprehensive liver and kidney syndrome. The labor camp had to let him out on bail to be hospitalized for treatment. In December 2000, only three months after Wang was released from the hospital, the authorities from Mudanjiang City Teachers' College ignored the fact that he was still urinating blood and losing sight in both eyes, and sent him back to the labor camp. Later, Wang was sentenced and detained in Mudanjiang City Prison. There, he was again persecuted to the brink of death. When he was again sent to the hospital, it was too late to save his life, and he passed away in September of 2003. Wang's wife is also a Falun Gong practitioner, and is currently detained in a labor camp. Their child is only eight years old.

Mr. Bai Xiaojun, 35 years old, was a teacher at the Jilin Province Northeast Teacher-Training University, and held a Master's degree in philosophy. In July 2000, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor for going to Beijing to appeal. He was detained at the Weizigou Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. During his detention, he was severely injured from the brutal tortures, and was forcefully sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center. He was later transferred to the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp in Changchun City. In early June of 2003, due to the effects of the long-term persecution, Bai could not keep down his food and vomited whatever he ate. He was very weak and could not stand up. On July 18, 2003, Bai Xiaojun was tortured to death.

Mr. Bai Xiaojun, 35, was a teacher at Jilin Province Northeast Teacher-Training University, and had a Master's degree in philosophy


(1) yuan - Chinese currency. 500 yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.

Related Articles

Self-Immolation Hoax


Video: A Decade of Courage