(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Ning Guizhen and her daughter Xu Xiujuan went to Shanhaiguan District to distribute truth clarification materials, when the police abducted them. Ning Guizhen passed away on an evening in late June 2004. The following are details:

On May 11, 2004, Ning Guizhen and Xu Xiujuan went to Waiyu Village in Shanhaiguan District to distribute Falun Dafa truth clarification materials. The Party secretary and head of Waiyu Village reported them. The two practitioners were handcuffed and sent to the Gaojianzhuang Police Station in the Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao City. The authorities detained mother and daughter in separate rooms and interrogated them. They asked for their names and addresses. The two practitioners kept sending forth righteous thoughts to resist the persecution.

Ning Guizhen was in her 60s. The police officers handcuffed her to a chair and handcuffed her daughter to a bed. When Ms. Ning refused to answer their questions, the police kicked the chair so violently that Ning Guizhen developed a severe headache and vomited. The police left her handcuffed to the chair for a whole night, despite her condition and suffering.

Ms. Ning's daughter Xu Xiujuan's handcuffs later opened on their own and she left the police station at 3:00 a.m. However, she could not return home due to the persecution and the danger of being arrested from home.

After being handcuffed to the chair for the whole night, Ning Guizhen was transferred to the Haigang District Police Department in Qinhuangdao City. The police later took her to the Haiyang Police Station in Haigang District for interrogation. Then they transferred her to Beigang Town Police Station. She vomited throughout the trip. Ms. Ning was extremely weak after being interrogated at four different places. They released her after fining her 200 yuan (1).

At around 10:00 p.m., officers from Beigang Town Police Station went to Ms. Ning's home to harass her. Ning Guizhen said, "I'm dizzy and not feeling well." She never recovered and passed away around 11:00 p.m. on June 27, 2004, after suffering from severe headaches and intermittent loss of consciousness.

These perpetrators of the persecution caused the death of Ning Guizhen within the short period of just over a month.

On the afternoon of July 9, 2004, officers from the Beigang Town Police Station arrested Ms. Ning's daughter Xu Xiujuan and held her at the No. 2 Detention Center in Qinhuangdao City for 15 days. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution and became extremely weak. Ms. Xu was released after being diagnosed with chronic appendicitis. The perpetrators also forced her to sign the release statement.

On August 2, over a dozen perpetrators led by Zhao, secretary from the Beigang Town Party Committee, broke into Xu Xiujuan's home and took her to a brainwashing class.

(1) Yuan is the unit of currency in China; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.