Around March 20, 2002, in order to forcefully "transform" more Falun Gong practitioners, Jiutai Forced Labor Camp stepped up the persecution. Under the direction of chief Meng, prison guards used bricks to completely block up all windows in the back wall and used cement to plaster the wall. Now, when you go to the restroom, you cannot see clearly if you do not turn on the lights.

The forced labor camp also purchased a bag of electric batons for each production brigade in order to use them on Falun Gong practitioners. The prison guards in the education team (Instructor Gao Ke and others) held a meeting for those criminals who participated in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. They publicly said that they would reduce their prison term by 15 days for each Falun Gong practitioner they "transformed." Under this impetus some of the criminals, led by Zhu Laoliu and Zhang Jun changed the education team into a hell on earth. The terrifying screams of the persecuted Falun Gong practitioners ringing out from all the production brigades continued unceasingly. They prisoners mostly used the electric batons and bed boards to violently beat the practitioners, but they also came up with a more virulent method. They took a plastic pipe, about a foot in length, cut one end to give it a jagged edge, and twisted it into the armpits of Falun Gong practitioners. If a Falun Gong practitioner refused to renounce Falun Gong at that point, they would pull the tube down the arm, at the same time twisting the flesh from the armpit. According to what Zhang Jun said, this torture method leaves a hole in the armpit where one can clearly see the movement of the lung under the pleural membrane. It is really vicious!

On April 19, Sun Shizhong, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Songyuan, was beaten to death in the education team. Because his family members appealed, five police officers who had directly participated in torturing him to death, were arrested and tried according to some semblance of the law. The forced labor camp then gave the family money from the police officers as compensation, which was part of the verdict.

Not long after the purchase of the electric shock batons and the persecution of practitioners in the education team, Zhang Jun was transferred to the first production brigade. The chief there, Shi Chunfeng was even more vicious. Falun Dafa practitioner Huang Yuedong became the victim of the most terrible atrocities. Shi Chunfeng led a group of prison guards and several criminals and tied Mr. Huang to the bed. Then they used a plastic tube to twist two holes under his two armpits. They also twisted two big holes into Mr. Huang's two legs. Then they put salt on the wounds and brushed them with a toothbrush. Then they used the electric batons to shock directly onto the area of two of the wounds. This method was extremely cruel. Next they put a cotton string, about half an inch thick between the toes of both of Mr. Huang's feet. Then they lit the string on fire and proceeded to fan the flame. Even though they inflicted such brutal tortures, they could not force Mr. Huang to renounce his belief. Over 6 months later, Mr. Huang escaped from the forced labor camp in a dignified way. At that time, scars on both of his feet the size of a quarter were clearly noticeable.

Because the wounds under his armpits were so large and infected, the flesh did not want to grow back. The hospital clinic could do nothing to fix it. Finally, prison doctor Liang brought Mr. Huang to Jiutai Hospital for help. When the doctor and nurse asked about the cause of the wounds, Jiutai Forced Labor Camp lied and said that he was hit by an automobile in order to cover up the facts. Mr. Huang told the doctor: "I was not hit by an automobile. I am a Falun Gong practitioner. This is how they tortured me." Both the doctor and the nurse were very startled!

Liu Qinghua, a student and a Falun Gong practitioner, was also persecuted very seriously. Perpetrators used a plastic tube more than a meter long to beat him savagely for two days and one night. When they were done the tube was only about 100 cm. long. Mr. Liu's whole body was covered in blood and wounds, but the tortures did not force Mr. Liu to sign any statement against Falun Gong. The chief surnamed Meng asked, "You tell me what method I can use to make you give up!" The criminal Li Kai (a drug addict from Dehui City) used a cigarette lighter to burn Mr. Liu's foot until it blistered all over. In 2003, Mr. Liu walked out of the forced labor camp in a dignified way. Now, in order to escape the responsibility for the offense, chief Meng has been transferred to Changchun Female Forced Labor Camp

Doing good will be rewarded and doing evil will be punished. This is a heavenly principle. When Falun Dafa practitioner Sun Shizhong from Songyuan was beaten to death in the education team, the primary person responsible for the torture as well as clerk Lu Changtai were arrested. According to the prison guards in the forced labor camp, Lu has been sentenced to 8 years in the labour camp. It is also said that Lu Changtai refused to accept the verdict and is writing an appeal stating that he is not responsible because he acted on instructor Gao Ke's instigation.

Because of this matter, Gao Ke was removed from office and transferred to the fourth production brigade where he was appointed to be the clerk. In the latter part of 2002, he was hit and almost killed by an automobile. Apparently Gao Ke told someone that the cost of medical bills for himand his ill wife was over 100,000 Yuan.

In March 2003, Shi Chunfeng was transferred and appointed as the chief in the fifth production brigade. In retribution for his evil deeds he was sick for the entire summer.

The former prison guard in the second production brigade who actively persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners, Zhao Fengshan, was hit by an automobile in the latter part of 2002. Zhao spent twenty to thirty thousand Yuan on his recovery. It is also said that there were others who were hit at the same time, including the prison guard from the education team, Lu Tianlong.

Soon after, Zhang Jun, who persecuted Dafa practitioners severely, was transferred to the first production brigade. He fought with somebody in a dream. After he awoke, he found that his tooth was broken by his own fist hitting himself in the mouth. Then, his crimes in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners were discovered and he was arrested and sentenced to one year. After his sentence was served he was sentenced again to "reeducation" through labor. He is being held in Jiutai Forced Labor Camp today.

July 2, 2004