(Clearwisdom.net) On June 7, 2000, Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhuo, who was employed by the Agriculture Bureau, Leshan City, Sichuan Province, was abducted and taken to the Zhanggongqiao Police Station by persons from Leshan City's Zhongqu Police Department. The next evening, his family was told that he died at about 7:00 a.m. in the custodial room at the Zhanggongqiao Police Station.

Mr. Zhang Zhuo was born in 1969. He graduated from the China Agricultural University in Beijing in July 1991, and was assigned civil servant work in the Agriculture Bureau in Leshan City, Sichuan Province. The leadership at his workplace wanted to promote him, since Zhang Zhuo worked diligently and responsibly, and because he was honest and guileless, but they could not promote him because he refused to give up Falun Gong practice.

Zhang Zhuo was a voluntary assistant at the Falun Gong practice site at Leshan City's Zhongqu Science & Technology Building. Since July 20, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Dafa began, he had frequently been abducted and forced to attend brainwashing sessions, but he never gave up Falun Gong practice. At about 5:30 p.m. on June 7, 2002, while he was chatting with a fellow practitioner on the lawn of the square at the intersection of Jiazhou Avenue and Nanan Road of Zhongqu, Leshan City, persons from Zhongqu's Police Department illegally abducted him. They took him to the Zhanggongqiao Police Station and interrogated him. At about 7:00 p.m. his home was searched. After 9:00 p.m. the following day, his family was told that he died at about 7:00 a.m. in the custodial room at the Zhanggongqiao Police Station.

As disclosed by people who know the inside story, at about 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. on June 7, family members visited Zhang Zhuo and everything appeared more or less normal. But after Zhang Zhuo died, Leshan City police tried all kinds of means to block the information, and strictly monitored the family members.

On the day of Zhang Zhuo's death, the police did not allow the family to view his body, and wanted to cremate him immediately. The police failed to do so due to the family's strong opposition. Three or four days later the family members saw the body. As told by a witness, the body had been cosmetically made up, but the family members were still able to see a few bloodstains on the nose and ears, while the bloodstains between the teeth were immediately noticeable. There was a dark red blood mark on the back of one hand providing evidence of a violent attack. The police claimed that Zhao Zhuo hung himself at about 7:00 a.m., and said they found him at 7:20 a.m. The location was less than 1.5 meters (4-1/2 feet) above the floor, and was only one meter (3 feet) away from the guards, making it impossible for the police to justify their claim that Zhao Zhuo hung himself.

At the time of Zhang Zhuo's death, his child was only six years old, and his elderly mother was nearly 70 years old, and was thousands of miles away. As she is weak and ill, the relatives were afraid that she would not be able to endure the pain of losing her son, so no one has dared to tell her yet of Zhang Zhuo's death.

Reference link: Dafa Practitioner Zhang Zhuo from Leshan City, Sichuan Province, Tortured to Death at the Zhanggongqiao Second Police Station in Leshan (Photo)