Mr. Wang Hengyou, 47, was an employee of the Dayan Mining Company Power Plant in Ewenke Banner, Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia. He was well known in his company for his outstanding performance at work. After he took up the practice of Falun Gong, he set even stricter requirements for himself, and did an even better job at work. Moreover, his moral character became nobler. Once he found a gold ring laying in the road. Even though his family was very poor, he never thought of keeping the ring. In order to find the person who lost the ring, he put an ad in the newspaper at his own expense. However, such a good person was tortured to death on April 4, 2004 for his belief in Falun Gong.

On April 19, 2002, Wang Hengyou was arrested and sent to the Dayanbeihe Detention Center. Two policemen Dong Jie and Yu He from the national security brigade of the Haiyan Police Branch Office interrogated him. They asked him whether or not he had gone to Beijing to appeal since he wasn't at home for the past several days. Wang did not cooperate with them, so the police began to beat him savagely. They grabbed broom handles to strike his head until they broke. Then they grabbed Wang's hair and slammed his head repeatedly against a concrete wall. As a result, bunches of his hair fell out. Because of the intense pain, Wang also became unconscious. The two policemen did not stop though. They began kicking his lower body with their leather boots. Wang couldn't catch his breath and sweat rolled down his face. Finally he passed out again. His genitals became very swollen from being repeatedly kicked. Seeing that he was severely injured, the two policemen began to get a bit afraid. They searched Wang's body and found some money which they used to buy a hot water bottle. They put it on his genitals, hoping to reduce the swelling.

On September 2, 2002, Wang was transferred to the Tumuji Labor Camp in Xing'anmeng, Inner Mongolia, where he was again brutally tortured. The police did not allow him to sleep. Due to the constant torture, he became extremely weak. He often felt his pain in his head and stomach. He also had difficulty catching his breath. Not long after, he became bedridden and was on the verge of death. Not wanting to take responsibility, the labor camp authorities planned to release him on medical parole. However, they needed his local police chief to sign the documents. Wei Honggui, police chief of the Haiyan Police Branch Office refused to sign the documents. Thus the labor camp had to keep detaining Wang Hengyou. On November 5, 2003, after a lengthy negotiation between the labor camp and Haiyan Police Branch Office, the documents for medical parole were finally completed. Wang's family was able to pick him up and take him home. At that time, he was emaciated and near death. Even after he returned home, the local police still kept coming to his home to harass him. With untreated internal injuries, he passed away on April 4, 2004.

Names of the people responsible for the crimes committed against him:

Wei Honggui: 86-470-8643807, 86-13015111413

Yu He and Dong Jie: 86-470-8643472, 86-470-8642662

Dayan Mine Company Power Plant "610 Office" staff:

Liu Wanhui: 86-470-8643771

Feng Lin: 86-470-8642238

Wang Xianghai: 86-470-8642662