How I View the "Facts of the Persecution"
(Clearwisdom.net) Every day we see many articles exposing the evil in the category of "Facts of the Persecution" on Clearwisdom.net. For a long time, a high percentage of overseas practitioners have avoided reading these articles, offering all sorts of excuses. They only read feature articles and those under the category of "Practitioners Exchange Insights and Experiences."
Many practitioners who are otherwise diligent and contribute in many areas have taken this attitude, often feeling that the persecution articles are either too frustrating or too saddening to read. I want to present my views regarding the states of these practitioners.1. Strengthening and Purifying Righteous Thoughts Throughout Our Cultivation from the Beginning to the End
Master has always asked us to maintain proper conduct and righteous thoughts. But if one examines the requirements of Fa-rectification, we know that we did not arrive at today's state in a single step. In other words, our righteous thoughts have been developed over the entire course of our cultivation. We have gradually become stronger and stronger, purer and purer. We can't simply reach a certain level all at once, and then just maintain it afterwards. As long as we have not yet reached consummation, we are always faced with the issue of how to continue strengthening and purifying our righteous thoughts.
As I understand it, one has deviated from a practitioner's proper state if one finds oneself not learning things any more in Fa study. Turning one's head away from the facts of the persecution reflects deficiencies in one's cultivation as well. One needs to correct it immediately in order not to affect one's cultivation. To be responsible for oneself, one cannot be too casual. In the meantime, practitioners' mindsets can influence ordinary people's lives. If practitioners themselves avoid reading the "Facts of the Persecution," don't non-practitioners have even more reasons to do the same? These kinds of obstacles that prevent sentient beings from being saved are partially created due to our insufficient righteous thoughts. Therefore we should not take it lightly. We cannot let the old forces find loopholes in us and extend our losses at this stage.2. All Things Can be Treated as Good Things
Many persecution cases appear on Clearwisdom.net each day. Practitioners have sometimes acted as though they were bystanders. Seeing so many articles, with our everyday human notions, improper thoughts can occur right away: "How come the number of articles is increasing? Shouldn't the evil be less now because of our eliminating them?" A state of insufficient righteous thoughts arises as a result.
As a matter of fact, the larger number of persecution cases is not a bad thing, nor does it mean that evil is still in control. If we think carefully we will find that many cases described on Clearwisdom.net are cases that occurred one, two, or even three years ago. Only a fraction of the cases are new ones. What does that tell you?
This is especially true for death cases. Following Liu Chengjun's death from persecution, overseas practitioners held many memorial services and press conferences, and protested in front of Chinese consulates. Clearwisdom.net has covered many of these activities and generated considerable attention in the international community. Even the normally quiet overseas Chinese media broke their silence this time.
From then on, the death cases decreased. What does this mean? The head of the evil and its gang are afraid of being exposed. Would other people inside the Chinese government be willing to take responsibility for the head of the evil and withstand pressure from the international community? Certainly not. Therefore exposing the evil is a process of getting rid of the evil and it will suppress the persecution.
It is true that all things are good once one begins cultivation in Dafa (many are actually good in an ordinary sense). This is not only true at the stage of one's individual cultivation, but also true during the Fa-rectification process. Take for example the kinds of persecution that the head of the evil insisted on doing. They are extremely bad. But now that things have happened, we need to use them to our benefit. While trying to reduce losses caused by his actions, we need to expose as much as we can the things he has done and use them as material for educating people in the world, thus turning these facts into powerful weapons for eliminating the evil. In the meantime, the practitioners elevate themselves and win respect in the process. From this point of view, widely exposing the facts of the persecution is quite a good idea.
So what is the significance of our exposing these old cases in large quantities now?
- We expose the persecution cases while we are being persecuted. We have been persistent over the past four years. This shows to the world that practitioners' belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," as well as the confidence and determination in fighting against the persecution are unwavering.
- It tells Jiang's followers that whether old or new, all cases that they have committed are on record and they can never escape from them. They will have to pay for all of them.
- Some cases are written by practitioners who were illegally detained in the past two or three years but had since walked out of detention with righteous thoughts. Aren't these manifestations of the Fa-rectification proceedings in this world? In the meantime, they indicate that the evil has been gotten rid of in large quantity- it is no longer in control everywhere.
- Some cases are brought up by practitioners who had not told their stories of persecution either because they were afraid, or due to some other attachment. Now they come out to tell the story and expose the evil. This also represents the progress of the Fa-rectification.
- Some cases are about practitioners who had given in to the evil coming back to cultivation again and telling their experience of persecution. This reflects the benevolence of Dafa and shows the influence of the Fa-rectification.
- Some practitioners who had not come out and had avoided the Fa-rectification cultivation have now been arrested and are being persecuted. This essentially gives these practitioners a last chance to decide for themselves. If they can resist the evil steadfastly and pass this ordeal, they will avoid the eventual destruction that they had chosen for themselves in the past.
- There may be other situations, but most persecution cases are full of positive messages. Even though from practitioners' own cultivation point of view, the reasons that the persecution occurred were because they had insufficient righteous thoughts, or were afraid, or could not let go of the attachment for being a human being, etc, their exposing the details of the persecution eliminates the evil and is helpful in lessening pressures on other practitioners. Other practitioners can gain experiences and take lessons from these cases and avoid letting the evil find loopholes.
- A large number of cases that are different from one another appearing everyday on the Web give us overseas practitioners more materials and topics to tell the facts to people from different angles. As long as practitioners are willing to try, similar topics can be used in different ways to articulate different points and issues. From the point of cultivation, they can help us better understand the meanings of Fa-rectification, elevate our xinxing, clarify our understanding of the Fa, and let more sentient beings be saved.
Exposing the evil has broad and deep meanings, not limited to the few points mentioned above. I am only naming a few to illustrate how one can look at things positively with righteous thoughts. Please add your input and correct my deficiencies.