(Clearwisdom.net) On July 20, 1999, the Jiang regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong. Since then, Falun Dafa practitioners in Shangzhi City, Heilongjiang Province, have been firmly safeguarding Dafa and clarifying the truth to the people. Many of the practitioners have suffered cruel persecution.

In late May 2000, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Qianqian was visiting a fellow practitioner's home when both were arrested and subsequently detained at the Shangzhi No. 2 Detention Center. Upon her release in December 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa. After being arrested there, she eluded the policemen with righteous thoughts and returned home. While working at home one day, she was again arrested and sent to a detention center, where policemen cruelly beat her, attempting to force her to give up cultivation. Yu Jingfang, the head of the Political Security Office shouted, "I'll fine you so that you will eventually lose everything." Ms. Liu was later sentenced to one year in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.

Wanjia Forced Labor Camp forced Liu Qianqian to give up her belief by torturing her. Her arms were bound with hands behind her, and with her toes just barely touching the ground, she was hung by her arms from a high post or beam for over twenty days at a time, causing her arms to become numb and swollen. Due to the lengthy periods of torture, Qianqian was frequently extremely itchy all over her body. The constant pain and discomfort prevented her from getting more than one or two hours sleep each day. When she was finally sent home in 2002, she was extremely atrophied, giving her a skeletal appearance.

In May 2002, she had been distributing Falun Dafa materials while on a trip to the countryside to sell vegetables. After someone informed on her, she was sentenced to three years in the Heilongjiang Women's Jail.

Ms. Fan Shuying went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa on December 27, 2000, and was arrested the following day at Tiananmen Square. She was taken back to her hometown by the Shangzhi Police Department and sentenced to one year in jail. During this time, she endured severe physical and emotional suffering, after being forced to leave her handicapped husband and young daughter with no one to care for them. She was released in 2002. The following year, she was arrested while clarifying the truth of the persecution, and was sent to the Shangzhi No. 2 Detention Center. After going on a hunger strike for over ten days, she was released, as her life was in grave danger. Overseas practitioners called the police to rescue her and sent 2,000 Yuan in bail money. By this time, police had already been making arrangements to send her to a forced labor camp. When she finally recovered, several weeks after her release, policemen went to her home, arrested her again and immediately sentenced her to three years in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.

On March 8, 2000, Ms. Liu Youming went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa and was arrested. She was detained in Shangzhi No.2 Detention Center. Because she practiced the Falun Dafa exercises and recited the Fa, guards with leather boots kicked her more than thirty times, struck her in the face more than fifteen times and she was fined 5,000 Yuan. On May 22, 2000, she was released after having been detained for seventy days. In late December 2000, while on her way to Beijing to appeal again, was caught by the Shangzhi Police Department and sentenced to one year in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. The Shangzhi Police Department extorted 8,000 Yuan in cash from her husband's work unit, to be reimbursed by deducting that amount from her husband's salary. In the summer of 2003, Liu's husband was abducted by the Shangzhi Police Department. At first, the police said he would be detained for no more than fifteen days, but instead he was quickly sentenced to three years in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.

On December 23, 2000, Mr. Chu Jingyuan went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. He was taken back to Shangzhi by the Shangzhi Police Department on December 29. The police extorted 5,000 Yuan from his work unit, and he was later detained at the Shangzhi No.2 Detention Center. On March 1, 2001, he was sentenced to one year in Suihua Forced Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province, where he was successfully brainwashed or "transformed," so he was released on June 30, 2001. After returning home and studying the Fa, he realized his mistake and reunited with fellow Dafa practitioners. Later, whenever it was one of the so-called "sensitive days," (such as during the People's Congress sessions or Chinese New Year) the police would come to his home and harass him. On an autumn morning in 2003, he was again arrested. Ten days later, he was sentenced to three years in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp, leaving his ailing wife with no one to take care of her.

The phone numbers of those responsible for the persecution:
Country code 86, City code 451
Chief of the Shangzhi Police Department, Sun Yanbin: 53323273 (office), 53326791 (home)
Previous chief of the State Security Office, Yu Jingfang: 53356917 (home)
Staff member Lu Xiaomin: 53322269 (home)
Chief of the State Security Office, Liang Xiaoming: 53350815 (home)
Vice Secretary of Shangzhi Town, Sun Zhisheng: 53322336 (office), 53325375 (home), 86-13836158809 (cell)
"610 Office" agent Ding Yunfeng: 53340422 (office)