A 19-Year-Old Girl Tortured to Mental Collapse in Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp Distribution Center, Daxing County, Beijing
The persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp Distribution Center is very severe. Li Yuandong, a 19-year-old female Falun Gong practitioner has been subjected to brutal beatings at the detention center, just for saying, "Falun Dafa is great." She was beaten so badly that there was blood in her urine and her body was covered with cuts and bruises. Her mouth had been pried open, leading to severe festering which made it virtually impossible for her to eat any food. The authorities even beat her head severely. As a result of such torture, Ms. Li suffered a mental collapse.
In this Distribution Center, people were only given one minute to wash their face, brush their teeth or use the restroom. Many practitioners have suffered from the inhumane torture. Practitioners Ms. Yang Xiaojing, Ms. Cao Shuling, Ms. Du Rongfen and Ms. Xu Lina have been tied to beds for over 40 days. They weren't allowed to use the restroom and have often been beaten by the police. Under the instigation of the chief officer, the criminal inmates in the forced labor camp often beat practitioners. Towards the end of November 2001, an elderly female practitioner was sent to the Distribution Center. During her first day of detention, she was beaten to the brink of death by the deputy chief officer and Lan Shuqin and Ma Yuhong, two inmates who were drug addicts. She was then sent to a hospital.
Such examples of persecution frequently occur in this Distribution Center. To cover up such facts, the police have forbidden people who have been sent there from talking about these issues.
Jiang's regime has declared to the public that they have treated Falun Gong practitioners with the policy of "Education, Persuasion and Rescue." Actually all methods they have taken have actually been barbaric methods of torture. They don't even spare any remorse for those practitioners who have been beaten until they became mentally disordered, and carried on torturing them irrespectively. Female Falun Gong practitioner Wang Shuyun's case was just one example. Sun Mingyue, a policewoman from the Fourth Section, encouraged Tian Yonghong, a female group leader, to beat Wang Shuyun until she suffered a mental collapse. After that, they sent Ms. Wang to the Assemble Training Team, a place specially set up for beating and torturing practitioners, to continuously torture her until she was released on bail and sent to the hospital for medical treatment.
In order to follow the upper level authorities' order to fulfill the "reform rate" quota, the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp (previously named Xinan Forced Labor Camp) have used any brutal methods that they can think of on those practitioners who refused to give up the practice. According to inside information, a police officer who has "reformed" one practitioner would obtain 1,000 yuan as a bonus [500 yuan is equal to the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China]; if a "reformed" practitioner expressed his/her wish to practice Falun Gong again, the policeman in charge would be fined 3,000 yuan as punishment.
The Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp, declared as the "Best Labor Camp in China" by state propaganda, have employed the following barbarous methods to torture Falun Gong practitioners:
- If practitioners refused to write a statement to "give up Falun Gong," they were deprived of sleep and were punished by having to hold one of the following positions: prolonged standing, squatting or "flying" (where one has to hold their hands in a raised position behind their backs).
- They also forced practitioners to stand outside completely naked during the extremely cold winter.
- They tortured practitioners by handcuffing both their hands behind their back, confining the practitioners inside a small cell, and tightly tying the arms and legs to a bed for extended period of time.
- For practitioners who were on hunger strikes, the police tortured them by way of brutal force-feeding.
- The police also used electric batons to shock practitioners and ordered cellmates to brutally beat those practitioners who refused to accept their brainwashing.
- For those practitioners who have been "reformed," the police forced them to read materials full of fabricated and twisted stories about Falun Gong, and forced them to write articles slandering Falun Gong.
- In addition, practitioners are forced to work extremely long hours at physical labor, for an average of 12 hours per day up to a maximum of 16 hours.