(Clearwisdom.net) The No. 2 Prison of the Prison Complex in Shenyang City colluded with courts and prosecution in torturing Dafa practitioners. They have an annual quota of 20 "normal" deaths, which encourages police to torture Falun Gong practitioners without any restrictions.

The No. 2 Prison detains nearly 80 Falun Gong practitioners whom they force to work until 10:00 p.m. every night. The policemen also incite prisoners to beat up practitioners. Some practitioners' glasses are smashed up; others bleed from the mouth and the nose. Practitioners resisting the torture and trying to reason with the police are put into the section of "intensive control."

Once taken there, they would initially be brutally beaten, and then they would be hung up with handcuffs in freezing temperatures. Some hangings lasted from 12 to 24 hours, after which time many practitioners suffer from frostbite. Other tortures under the "intensive control measures" include holding the cement column, where practitioners are forced to put their arms around the column, then their hands are cuffed together, at the same time they are forced to sit on a vase-like vessel which causes severe ulceration of the buttocks after a while. Other tortures include being confined in dark, stuffy, windowless cells, and being forced to sit on a board every day until 10:00 p.m. Some practitioners were subjected to such treatment for as long as 8 months. There are still 7 practitioners suffering in the section of intensive control.

Practitioners practiced exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts, which was used by the police as an excuse for torturing the practitioners, as they labeled what practitioners did as being against "transformation." Those practitioners on hunger strikes were all crudely force-fed, and most of the persons who did the forced-feeding were prisoners, not medical personnel.

According to the report on Clearwisdom.net of January 12, 2004, family members of practitioner Wu Yuan, a middle school math teacher of Beilu Village, Lingyuan City, received a notice from the No. 2 Prison of Dabei Prison Complex. Liang Xiuyu, Wu Yuan's wife, went to the prison hospital in the morning of December 10, 2003 and could hardly recognize the emaciated figure of her husband. When Wu Yuan tried to say something to her, the prison guards immediately interrupted him and sent Liang Xiuyu away. Later that same day, Wu's family received notice of his death. His body was black and blue with bruises, and his ears and nose were stuffed with cotton balls.