(Clearwisdom.net) (Comprehensive Report by Li Ming, Clearwisdom reporter)

During the five years of the ruthless persecution against Falun Gong launched by Jiang Zemin's faction, many innocent practitioners were tortured and killed. Their family members have also been implicated in the persecution, particularly their young children who now live in terror, fear and sorrow. Police suddenly break into their homes and crazily beat people, seize their belongings and take the parents away. The children then could face disaster at any time. They may be expelled from school, lose contact with their family members, and lose their source of income and be forced into homelessness. Even more serious and miserable - they could lose their parents forever, at any time.

There have been 1,049 documented cases of practitioners dying from torture or its side effects from July 1999 to September 2004. Among them, women account for 52% and men 48%. On average, 17 Falun Gong practitioners were tortured to death every month, and their average age is 45 years old. Many of them left underage children behind who had to become homeless, living in fear and missing their parents.

What's listed here is only the tip of the iceberg of these kinds of cases during the five years of persecution against Falun Gong.

I. Children whose parents were taken away forever by the ruthless persecution

While looking at the portrait of her late mother, Luo Zhixiang, the three-year-old girl Huang Ying (nickname Happy) would say with tears in her eyes, "I miss mommy." While missing her late father, Zou Songtao, four-year-old little Rongrong would stand on a stool, lie prone on the table and kiss her dad's box of ashes. And there are many more similar tragedies.

Mr. Liu Jie's son was three when his father, a schoolteacher at the Datian Middle School in Xihu Town, Fuyang City, Anhui Province died.

Ms. Shen Jianli's daughter, age four lost her 34-year-old mother, a lecturer in the Department of Applied Mathematics at Nanling Campus, Jilin University.

Mr. Zhang Zhuo, 32, an official in the Agriculture Bureau of Leshan City, Sichuan Province, - his son was just six years old when he was tortured to death.

Mr. Liu Dejun, an employee at the Xinglongtai Oil Refinery at Liaohe Oil Field of Panjin City in Liaoning Province - his son was five years old and his daughter was only 18 months old when he was tortured to death at the Panjin City Detention Center.

Mr. Wu Qingbin, a technician in the Huainan Chemical Engineering Factory, Huainan County, Anhui Province was tortured to death. His son was twelve years old.

Ms. Zhang Guiqin from Feidong County, Hefei City, Anhui Province, 37, died from having her lungs were punctured during force-feeding; she left behind two young daughters.

Ms. Yu Lixin from Jilin Province, 36, her veins were cut open and injected with unknown drugs. She died and left behind an eight-year-old daughter.

Ms. Cui Zhengshu, 36, of Korean descent, from the Chuanying District, Jilin City, was brutally tortured to death and left behind a young child.

Ms. Dai Chunhua, a nurse in the Lishu County Hospital in Siping City, Jilin Province, was tortured to death and left behind an eight-year-old son.

Ms. Li Shuhua, 32, a tailor from Yushu City, Jilin Province, was tortured to death and left behind two young children.

Ms. Wu Lingxia, 37, from Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province, was tortured to death and left behind her elementary-school-aged child.

Every child's miserable story is a witness to Jiang's faction's frenzied mistreatment and genocide of Falun Gong practitioners. Every orphan's heart-breaking tears call out to goodhearted people to help stop the inhumane persecution.

* Four-year-old Rongrong has neither mommy nor daddy to care for her

When Rongrong was born in November 1999, her dad wasn't there because at the end of October, her dad Zou Songtao went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested as soon as he returned to Qingdao City. He wasn't released until December. Later, he was in and out of prison many times. He was tortured to death on November 3, 2000. Altogether, Rongrong was with her dad for less than six months.

In May of 2001, Rongrong's mom Zhang Yunhe was sighted by police while passing out truth-clarifying materials. She went into exile in fear of being illegally arrested. Rongrong was then separated from her mother and stayed with her grandparents.

Before long, her grandma who was over 60 years old, took ill and died in August 2001 from the pain of losing her son-in-law and being separated from her daughter.

Rongrong has lost her father, her mother and her grandmother, three people that loved her the most. Whenever she misses her loved ones, the four-year-old steps up on a little stool and reaches up to kiss her dad's box of ashes. Sometimes she tells others that her Daddy is in heaven.

Rongrong lost her parents because they practice Falun Gong, assimilating to its principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance to become better people.

Rongrong's parents Zou Songtao and Zhang Yunhe


Rongrong's dad, Zou Songtao, excelled in his studies and career and was very kind to others. He graduated from Nanjing University, and in 1999 received a Master's degree in Marine Biology from Qingdao Marine University in Shandong Province. In July of 1999, Jiang and his regime began the systematic, illegal persecution of Falun Gong. At 4:00 a.m. on July 22, Zou Songtao was taken away from his home and illegally detained at a small hotel for a month. Later he was again detained countless times. He was once handcuffed to a metal chair (The chair is made of steel pipes. Victims are restrained on the chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html for illustration). The perpetrator was Taixi Police Station chief Gong Guoquan, in Qingdao City, Shandong Province. Gong beat him with the sole of his shoe so viciously that it resulted in bleeding and his head swelling to twice its size, beyond the point of recognition. He remained unconscious for over 20 minutes.

In July of 2000, Songtao was tricked into going to the Qingdao City Police Department and was subsequently sent to Qingdao City Labor Camp in Shandong Province. He was transferred to the Wangcun Labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province at the end of September 2000. A couple of months later, during the morning of November 3rd, 2000, policemen Zheng Wanxin and Shao Zhenghua brutally beat him using electric batons. Songtao left the world that day. He was only 28 years old. Rongrong was only 11 months old.

Rongrong's mom Zhang Yunhe used to be the chief accountant for the Qingdao Derui Leather Chemistry Company, a company based in Germany. She did an excellent job. Because she cultivated Falun Dafa, the company was pressured by the Jiang's regime to let her go. In May 2001 she was sighted when distributing truth clarification materials. To avoid persecution, she went into exile. For a long time, her whereabouts had been unknown. Later on it was said that she was incarcerated at the Qingdao City's Dashan Detention Center, but her family members have not received any information about her.

* Little Huang Ying bid farewell to her mom at the age of a year and a half

Huang Ying, nicknamed Happy, was born on May 18, 2001. Right now she lives with her grandparents in a dilapidated house made of sun-dried mud bricks at No. 12 Xincun, Rujiazhuang Village, Wujing Town, Linqu County, Shandong Province. Her grandparents have no source of income. They lead a difficult life.

Happy's mom, Luo Zhixiang and dad, Huang Guohua, were illegally monitored and detained by the authorities for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. When Happy was only three months old she had to leave her mom. Her grandmother took her back to their hometown in Shandong Province. On December 5, 2002 when she was a year and a half old, she was able to see her mom's body. She did not know what her dad looked like because he was then in a labor camp and didn't know his wife had died. Now Happy still cannot see her dad, because recently, agents from the Tianhe District's "610 Office" in Guangzhou City were looking for him. He went into exile.

Her mom Luo Zhixiang used to be the architectural designer in the Design Office at the Nongken Construction Industry Corporation in Guangdong Province. On November 22, 2002, the Guangzhou City Tianhe District "610 Office" enforcers along with personnel from the Xinghuajie Police Station took her to the Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center for brainwashing. She started a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Later on she was sent to the Tianhe Chinese Medicine Hospital and passed away on December 4th at the age of 29. She was three months pregnant when she died.

Hearing of Luo's death, her in-laws, together with her one-and-a-half-year-old daughter, came down from Shandong Province to Guangzhou City. Her brother and sister also came. The police station and the "610 office" perpetrators claimed that Luo Zhixiang committed suicide, but they refused the family members' reasonable request of having the medical examiner to do an autopsy. She was pregnant and told her mother-in-law that she wanted to give birth to the baby, because Falun Gong had clearly stated that committing suicide was a crime. How could she possibly kill herself? To cover up their crimes and evade their responsibilities, the police station and "610 Office" perpetrators even told the family to send Luo's body to be cremated before resolving the inquiry. The family told them that only Luo's husband Huang Guohua had the right to sign any cremation document. The police detained Luo's husband by sentencing him to criminal detention and refused to let him to see his wife for the last time. Luo's body is currently in a funeral parlor. The family went to appeal but have not received a reply.

Happy in early July 2004

Happy kissing the picture of her mother saying, "I miss mommy."
High Resolution Picture
Happy's mom, Luo Zhixiang, tortured to death by perpetrators from Tianhe District "610 Office"

Happy's mom, Luo Zhixiang, and dad, Huang Guohua

Now Happy often asks for her daddy. Since she was a year and a half old, she has never told her maternal grandmother about the death of her mother. Her grandmother's family keeps it a secret from her maternal grandmother because she is in poor health and they don't want to shock her.

Grandmother asks Happy, "Where is your Mommy?"

Happy, "She is working in Guangzhou City."

When her maternal grandmother is not around and if someone asks Happy, "Where is Mommy?"

Happy, "The bad people killed Mommy!"

"Why don't you tell your grandma?"

"She will cry and cry!"

When Happy saw her mother's picture in a truth clarification pamphlet called "A Guangzhou Story" in the living room of a fellow practitioner, she said, "That's Mommy." She acted as if nothing had happened and went out and played. We thought she wasn't feeling hurt because she was too young, but we were wrong! When we left the room, she picked up the pamphlet and looked at her mother's picture and cried. Looking at her, we all cried. She is so considerate, although she is so young! She didn't want to upset her grandmother and she didn't want us to worry about her.

When Happy was 50 days old, her father was sent to a forced labor camp, and her grandmother was taking care of her mother. Happy and her grandmother are shown in this picture

Grandpa and Happy

Huang Ying (Happy) is being brought up by grandpa Huang Dianqing and grandma He Guangrong. They live in a poor village in Linju County, Shandong Province. The older couple does not have any income and live in a dilapidated house made of sun-dried mud bricks (adobe bricks).

A corner of the house

Leaking roof. There is a crack approximately 1 cm (a little less than half an inch) wide on the roof

* Widower Father Tortured to Death, Orphaned Son Cared for by Local Falun Dafa Practitioners

Falun Gong practitioner He Huajiang from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province was tortured to death at Daqing Labor Camp on Dec. 23, 2002.

On Sept. 16, 2002, officers from the Qingxin Police Station abducted Falun Gong practitioner He Huajiang from his workplace at the Daqing Sixth Oil Refinery, escorted him to his home, and tried to force him to open his door. He resolutely refused and the police severely beat him in the corridor in front of his home. His 14-year-old son who was sick at home witnessed the scene and opened the door to put a stop to this crime. The police seized the opportunity and entered the home, ransacked his home and took both the father and the son to the police station.

He Huajiang requested the release of his 14-year-old son. His wife died a few years ago from illness. After his son was released, He Huajiang remained in police custody at the Daqing Detention Center.

On Dec. 23, 2002, He Huajiang was sent to Daqing Labor Camp although he did not pass the medical exam. The police first shaved his head and then tortured him in an effort to coerce him into abandoning his faith in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." He Huajiang refused to give up practicing Falun Dafa. The police tied him onto a metal chair, stripped him, opened the door and window and doused him with icy-cold water. Prior to arriving at the labor camp, He Hujiang had already been illegally detained at a detention center for three months and became extremely weak. He was tortured to death right away.

The same night, the labor camp authorities called his son, telling him that his father was ill and they would pick him [the son] up at home to come visit his father and later on send both of them home. The boy believed them. When they took him to see his father at the Daqing People's Hospital, his father's body had already become cold. His father was bald, shoeless, wearing a single layer of clothing and appeared to have marks all over his body from ropes or twine. The son questioned the police why these were on his body. The police lied to him commenting that those were marks left by the rescuing effort for his heart attack.

He Huajiang's workplace informed his family in their hometown about his death, and escorted his family members the whole time after they arrived, so as to completely isolate them from contacting or being contacted by others. When the family members asked for an autopsy, the workplace authority and the police warned them that the family would have to bear all the autopsy expenses and the child's benefit would be gone. Between twenty and thirty police showed up at the crematorium but only up to ten family members were allowed to be present. To prevent their crimes from being exposed, the police arranged the secret cremation very early on the New Year's Day, 2003.

After He Huajiang was tortured to death, Jiang and his regime left his son nothing but a cold box of ashes. The teenager only cries on the inside as he has become an orphan and has no way to appeal for justice.

Local Falun Dafa practitioners came to take the child home and said to him, "Kiddo, Falun Dafa practitioners' homes are your home. You are our child." He did not want to leave the apartment where he used to live with his loving father. Hence, Falun Dafa practitioners paid for him to have a live-in housekeeper and arranged for his school and living costs. They often went to visit him and brought all sorts of groceries. A retired Falun Dafa practitioner gave the money he saved for his own grandson's bike to this young man. The financial conditions of local practitioners are actually not so great. Some, who are family-dependent, have only a 50-Yuan per month income, but they are determined to bring this child up well, no matter what kind of hardships they have to endure.

Practitioner's true compassion calmed the child quickly. During the 2003 mid-year examinations (for high school level), this young man was admitted by Daqing City's Petroleum Mine Vocational College to a two to five year college degree program. Falun Dafa practitioners gathered over ten thousand Yuan in educational funds for him. Though he normally lives in the dorm, every other weekend he is treated by local practitioners with good food and necessities, plus some pocket money. This young man has no worries any more; he has already become one of the family members in each of these Falun Dafa disciple's homes.

Neighbors see this teenager's situation and all talk about it, "I didn't believe there were such good people in the world. Now I have witnessed it, and I have believed it. Only Falun Dafa practitioners can do this." Whenever someone mentions He Huajiang's son, people who know the truth will say with tears in their eyes, "Falun Dafa is great! Truly great!"

* Parents Dead From Torture - Orphaned Teen Liu Xiaotian Becomes a Fugitive (Photos)

Liu Xiaotian will be 19 years old by the end of 2004. He was born in Hunan Province, China. As an only child, his parents dearly loved him and he led a carefree life. However, when he was almost 16, tragedy struck his family. Liu Xiaotian, a child who didn't know what Falun Gong was or cared anything about the persecution became a fugitive. His experience and the deaths of his parents, of which he was just told by his uncle, made him join Falun Gong's Anti-Torture Exhibits in Northern Europe.

Liu Xiaotian acting the role of victim in an anti-torture exhibit. He said he wanted to let people know about his parents' suffering.

Liu Xiaotian was born in December of 1985. His family lived in Yongzhou City, Hunan Province, China. His father was Liu Qing, an official of the Zhishan Township Government in Yongzhou City. His mother was Yang Yuyan, who used to be employed by the Shanghe Town Textile Factory in the Lengshuitan District. She voluntarily gave up her job in October of 1999. Prior to the year 2001, Liu Xiaotian's family led a happy life. Although they were not rich, they lived a harmonious life. His parents doted on him. He went to the local middle school and led a light-hearted life.

In the beginning of 1999, his parents began to practice Falun Gong and follow the principles of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. They wanted to be good people. In the fall of 1999, his mother's work place planned to lay off some of the employees. In order to let people who had a hard life keep their jobs, she volunteered to be laid off in October.

On July 20, 1999, the Jiang Zemin regime began its persecution of Falun Gong. Liu Xiaotian was then boarding at the middle school and only came back home once a week. He saw his parents practicing Falun Gong, but he didn't really know much about it. It never occurred to him that his parents could face great danger.

When he was 16, on November 23, 2001, a Friday afternoon, Liu Xiaotian was in the classroom. Police came to his school and told his teacher that his parents were detained. They asked for him. A classmate overheard it and ran to tell him that his parents were in trouble and the police wanted him. Hearing that, Liu Xiaotian quivered with fear. He ran out of the school without taking anything. He hid in a neighbor's storage room for the night. Around midnight, he sneaked across the road to check out his home. He saw that the windows of his home were smashed as was the furniture inside. His neighbor saw him and offered him to stay at his place. Two or three days later, though, the police went to the neighbor' place, telling them that if they saw Liu Xiaotian and didn't report this to the police, they would be punished. The neighbor decided not to report him but to give him some money and sent him to his only relative, an uncle who is a farmer in Fujian Province.

After a long and hard journey, he finally reached this uncle's place. His legs were injured and he had a big scar on his neck. Five or six months later, one day in May of 2002, the local police came to his uncle's home. Liu Xiaotian immediately hid. He didn't know what the police said to his uncle, but after the police left, his uncle became very silent. During that night, his uncle asked a friend to send him to Shenzhen, a city that is close to Hong Kong. He hid in a huge warehouse filled with piles of sacks. He dared not speak to anyone and thus spent a year in fear, anxiety, suffering great depression.

He missed his parents, but his uncle always told him that he had no information about them. He spent a lonely year in this warehouse, having nobody to talk with and suffering many hardships, both physically and mentally.

In June of 2003, his uncle, who did not have an easy life, borrowed a lot of money to pay smugglers to get Liu Xiaotian outside China. On July 1, 2003, Liu Xiaotian arrived in Denmark. Regrettably, several hours later, the smuggler took him to the Copenhagen railway station and left. Having experienced so many threats and deceptions, Liu Xiaotian became very fearful. He quivered at the sight of the police. An old Chinese lady took him to a refugee camp. Deeply frightened, he couldn't speak properly nor could he fill out forms. He was mostly afraid of being sent back to China and put in the hands of the Chinese police.

With the help of the staff in the refugee camp, Liu Xiaotian got into contact with Denmark Falun Gong practitioners. He cried. The first words he said to them were to ask them to look for his parents. He missed his father. He missed his mother. Because of what he had gone through, he couldn't express himself clearly. He couldn't read, either. He often cried and had nightmares. It took Denmark Falun Gong practitioners one year before they could really learn from him his story and suffering.

With the help of the practitioners in Denmark, Liu Xiaotian began to think about why his parents were persecuted in such a way for practicing Falun Gong. He began to practice Falun Gong himself. At the beginning he couldn't read Falun Gong books very well and stumbled over each sentence. Yet he kept on reading one book after another. Gradually he made fewer mistakes in reading and could read more and more easily. In reading the books, he began to understand the reasons for all the suffering, his parents' sacrifices, and the principles of life. He cherished the new life he found from practicing Falun Gong, after all the past tribulations. Smiles came back to his face, so did the happiness of his heart. The wounds were healing.

While he was recovering, Liu Xiaotian started to think about his parents. He hadn't heard from them for a long time. Where were they? Would his uncle send him abroad without his parents' consent? Did he hide something from him? He began to suspect.

Several days before this article was written, his uncle who still lives in China told him for the first time that his parents had died in April 2002 from torture, five months after they were detained. No one knows exactly what happened or where they died. The uncle told Liu Xiaotian that in May of 2002 the local police visited him, and informed him of the death of Liu Xiaotian's parents. They refused to tell him any details. He dared not ask anything, either, after he heard the police said the word "suicide."

What's more inconceivable is that after the police took two lives in five months, they intended to get rid of the victims' orphan. They forced Liu Xiaotian's uncle to sign papers declaring that he "would disassociate himself from Liu Xiaotian's family." The police also demanded that he report Liu Xiaotian's whereabouts and threatened that their entire family would be punished should they go against this directive. His uncle was deeply frightened. That was the reason why he sent Liu Xiaotian that very night to the warehouse in Shenzhen. He dared not keep Liu Xiantian at his own place.

Liu Xiaotian had no one to turn to in China, nor did he see any way out. Under such desperate circumstances, his uncle had to borrow a huge amount of money to send Liu Xiaotian abroad.

Liu Xiaotian said, from the photos provided by some kind-hearted people who have information, he could see that the police first had posted seals on the gate of his family home, closing it off. Later they tore the house down and removed the ruins, leaving nothing there.

* Little Fadu is calling, "I want daddy!"

The only family photo. From left: Chen Chengyong, little Fadu (six months) and Dai Zhizhen

Little Fadu: I want daddy

Clearwisdom.net published an article on Dec. 26, 2001 entitled "How Shall I Tell My Little Daughter about Her Dad's Wrongful Death?" by Ms. Dai Zhizhen, whose late husband was Falun Gong practitioner Chen Chengyong from Guangdong Province who was tortured to death. The article reads,

"One day in July, my roommate, with an unusually solemn looks, gave me some printed news downloaded from the Internet. I was shocked just reading the title "Chen Chengyong, Falun Dafa practitioner forced to become destitute; died as a result of persecution," -- because Chen Chengyong is my husband! I dared not to trust my eyes. After wiping my eyes I read it again. It was real! Such grievous news made me quiver all over. I was feeling faint and dizzy as if everything was spinning around and couldn't get myself under control... For a long time, my roommate consoled me as her tears fell, and gently held me with her hands at the bed of my daughter who bears a strong resemblance to her dad. Looking through tears at my fifteen-month old baby who had lost her father, I felt my heart had been torn apart and my body kept shaking.

While immersed in grief, the following misfortunes struck me. My sister-in-law (also a Falun Gong practitioner) was abducted and taken into a brainwashing class (created by Jiang's regime, for the illegal detention of Falun Gong practitioners) when she went to identify my husband's body. The perpetrators tried to force her to renounce practicing Falun Gong, but she sternly refused because she believed in the principles of Falun Dafa, "Truth, Compassion, and Tolerance," and insisted on the freedom of belief as a basic human right. But the police, being blinded by lust for gain, not only had no pity on her brother who just passed away, but in August they also illegally sentenced her to two years in a forced labor camp. My father-in-law couldn't take the grief of losing his young son and the instant imprisonment of his beloved daughter. In September the elderly man passed away from grieving. Being hit by these tragedies one after another, I was plunged into tremendous sadness.

I am frightened by the terror of knowing that within only two months, two of these three family members died tragic deaths, and the other was imprisoned. I don't have the courage to get my husband's remains back from China, where the authorities are placing the Falun Gong practitioners in a hell on earth. I regret that I complied with my husband's decision not come to join me in Australia when I was going back to live in the hometown where I was born. Jiang now has made the China, with such a long history and ancient civilization, into a state of terrorism. In which direction is China going? I am lost. Why is the ruling regime in my native country acting so inhuman toward the Falun Gong practitioners' adherence for following "Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance?" I remain puzzled despite much thought.

My father-in-law had been a critically ill patient diagnosed with uremia, a fatal disease incurable by both modern and traditional Chinese medicine. He had spent a lot of money on medical fees in his quest to become well. Miraculously, his disease disappeared after practicing Falun Gong, giving him a second life. The miracle produced wide repercussions in the neighborhood and in the paper plant where he used to work. It attracted many people to join the practice of Falun Gong. But on July 20, 1999, Jiang started to persecute Falun Gong. The old man told the police, "If I were to stop practicing Falun Gong I would die." The police replied, "We know Falun Gong saved your life. But since it is the order from the top to outlaw Falun Gong, we have no alternative but to follow their instructions." Falun Gong brought the old man back to life, but Jiang's regime took his life again.

What has happened to my husband, and the news about his death by gross abuse and mistreatment under the persecution keeps coming to my mind. He had been homeless and destitute since November 2000 to avoid the illegal brainwashing plotted by Jiang's state terrorist regime. We kept in contact until January 10, 2001. He was very healthy. With Jiang's regime detaining more and more Falun Gong practitioners and placing them into brainwashing classes, the worsening situation made his life harder day by day; then I lost contact with him. As I knew our phone calls to China had been tapped; and had I inquired where he was it would have brought him into more danger. All I could do was send blessings in my heart and wish for his safety. But what I got from the news report in July was "Recently Chen Chengyong died in a thatched shed. When identifying the corpse, his sister found it was decomposed and it smelled somewhat. It is estimated that he had been dead for a period of time before the police notified the family..."

I have been in deep sorrow over my husband's tragic death; I have been in extreme bitterness for my young daughter who has lost her father forever before she can even say "Daddy." My husband liked her very much. The first picture taken when our daughter was six months old has become the only memento of my family. Whenever I call my daughter's name, "Fadu" (Fa Save) which my husband had given her and see her innocently kissing the picture my heart is bleeding. I don't know what such terror will bring to her. My mind is in turmoil when I face all of this. But one thing I know from the very beginning that it is Jiang's regime that cruelly persecutes Falun Gong, and it is the persecution that killed my husband and brings misery to tens of thousands of families like mine. Jiang is the prime culprit committing the crime."

From then on, little Fadu followed her mom, traveled to dozens of countries, holding her daddy's box of ashes and telling kind-hearted people about the story of her daddy being brutally killed, and the story that should not be happening in China. Everyone's heart is touched after hearing Fadu's story and people say: it's time for the inhumane persecution to end!

* A tragedy because of lies and implication - how can a ten-year-old boy escape living in the shadow of father killing mother?

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yang Lirong from Dingzhou City, Baoding area of Hebei Province benefited from practicing Falun Gong, however she was constantly persecuted because she persisted in her belief. Her deceived husband abused her and murdered her in early morning of February 9, 2002. Their son was only ten years old when she died.

Ms. Yang Lirong, 34 years old, lived on Beimen Street, Dingzhou City, Baoding, Hebei Province. She began practicing Falun Gong in 1998. In October 1999 she went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa and to clarify the truth. Xiao Fudi, a police officer from Dingzhou City, arrested and held her in a detention center for two months. The authorities extorted 5,000 Yuan before releasing her, and the police constantly harassed her after she returned home. Her husband was worried that he may lose his job and often physically abused Yang Lirong. Yang Lirong conducted herself according to Truth-Compassion-Tolerance and treated her husband with kindness. The perpetrators later arrested her and sent her to a brainwashing class. Because she refused to give up her belief, she was sent to this class three times. Her husband grew furious and blamed Yang Lirong for the persecution. In the evening of February 8, 2002, the perpetrators again went to Yang Lirong's home to search for Falun Gong materials. Early the next morning, while Yang Lirong's parents were away, Yang Lirong's husband strangled her to death with his hands. She left behind their 10-year-old son. Her husband immediately called the police after the murder. The police came and had an autopsy done while her body was still warm. They took away many organs, which were warm and bleeding profusely. An insider in the Dingzhou Police Station said later, "This autopsy is not done on a dead body, it is done on a live person!"

The orphan that Yang Lirong has left behind, a ten-year-old child, from then on lived in the shadow of father murdering mother.

For the past five years, Jiang's regime has been controlling the nation's propaganda machinery to fabricate lies and shift blame to Falun Gong. They have been using implication to intimidate family members, which resulted in thousands of broken families. Yang Lirong's family's misery is the result of Jiang's policy of eradicating Falun Gong and devastating human nature.

II. Countless children are still living in fear and persecution

* Where is Lu Yuanzhuo, the ten-year-old boy from Gongzhuling, Jilin Province?

Lu Yuanzhuo, ten years old, from Gongzhuling, Jilin Province is a young boy, a Falun Gong practitioner. Since Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, many of his relatives including his father and mother have been illegally arrested or sentenced to forced labor for practicing Falun Gong. On Dec. 30, 2000, the ten-year-old went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing by himself to appeal for Falun Gong but was brutally beaten up by police and detained. The police even injected him with unknown drugs capable of disrupting the central nervous system. Later the police took him from where he was detained. We have no idea if he is still alive or know of his whereabouts. The following article about Lu Yuanzhuo, written by Falun Gong practitioner Jin Sheng from Jilin Province, was published on Clearwisdom.net on July 22, 2004.

"On December 31, 2000, several practitioners from Jilin went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. We were arrested and taken to the Jilin Province Liaison Office in Beijing where we met Lu Yuanzhou, a ten-year old boy. His big eyes and his childish face mirrored his firm resolve. His home was in Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province. Both his father and mother had been illegally sent to a labor camp. Many of his relatives who practiced Falun Gong had also suffered persecution.

While detained together with Lu Yuanzhuo in the Jilin Province office we asked him, "Why did you come by yourself to Beijing to validate the Fa ?" He replied, "Because Gongzhuling City is Teacher's hometown, and many practitioners from there have gone out to validate Dafa. Almost no one remains at home. The police detain all practitioners who are at home. Although I am young, I am still Teacher's disciple and I also have a responsibility to validate the Fa."

On December 30, 2000, Yuanzhou was in Tiananmen Square, holding up a banner with the words "Falun Dafa is great." He yelled out the words loudly as he ran around the Square, with the police chasing him. He weaved in and out of the crowds. Finally, many policemen surrounded him and then, in front of everyone, started brutally beating the ten-year-old child. Then they sent him to the Jilin Province Liaison Office in Beijing. In order to force him to reveal his hometown and family name, the police beat him all the way from the first to the fourth floor. Despite the brutal beating, in the end, the policemen could only learn his pseudonym, Li Xinming.

Yuanzhuo's celestial eye was open and he could see many things. When he saw that detained practitioners could not pass the huge tribulations they faced, he would tell them, "All of us are under Teacher's protection at all times. Every practitioner has his own mission in this world. Do not miss this rare opportunity to validate the Fa and offer salvation to living beings." When we asked Yuanzhuo what he would do first when he got out he replied, "I want to eat a big bunch of sugarcoated haws." [a kind of Chinese children's favorite food in winter]

In order to conceal the persecution against Dafa practitioners, the provincial police forcibly injected Yuanzhuo with an unknown drug capable of disrupting the central nervous system. Afterwards, his mind was somehow affected, but he was still steadfast and declared, "I am Teacher's disciple. Teacher will help me discharge this poisonous substance."

Later, we wrote our home phone numbers and contact information on his arm and promised that we would meet each other when we were free. Yuanzhuo also gave us his telephone number. While we were together, he would often tell us that we must diligently study the Fa and practice the exercises. After a few days, the provincial policemen suddenly called Yuanzhuo away, claiming that some of his relatives were there to take him home. We knew that he had never revealed his real name, and that no one at his home even knew he was there. The policemen took him away.

In 2001, when we returned home, we tried to contact Yuanzhuo but got no reply. We have called frequently during these years, searching for his whereabouts. However, since we separated from him at the Jilin Provincial Liaison Office in Beijing we have searched fruitlessly. Since the five years when we last saw him, whenever we face difficulties, we are inspired by recalling little Yuanzhuo's familiar face, his steadfastness in Dafa under any circumstances and his conviction in Teacher and Dafa.

In Jiang's ruthless persecution against Falun Gong, they wouldn't even leave alone a ten-year-old child.

* Twelve-year-old twin sisters from Hubei Province: mother suffered a ruptured ovary from being brutally beaten and was dying

Zhang Jingqiong, mother of the twelve-year-old twin sisters Weng Mengyun and Weng Menghua from Honghu City, Hubei Province, was illegally detained at the Hubei Shayang Labor Camp for practicing Falun Gong. On Aug. 18, 2004, incited by the police, an inmate in the No. 9 Division brutally beat her. The severe beating caused Ms. Zhang to pass out in a peanut field, apparently due to excessive bleeding from a ruptured ovary.

Ms. Zhang was sentenced to a year and a half of forced labor by policeman Zuo Yehong. Her twin daughters went to appeal to the mayor to let their mother come home with them because she has a serious heart problem (Ms. Zhang had been imprisoned four times between 1999 and 2004 and her health deteriorated as a result). But instead of support and understanding, what the two girls received was mockery and insults. They have to work part-time to cover their living expenses. However, the girls excel in school, especially in writing. They won an award in the National Chinese Olympic Competition in 2003, and the next year they won First Prize in the local competition in Jingzhou City. They have maintained the top two places in their class.

The twins live with their 82-year-old grandmother and are suffering, waiting every day for their mother to come home. Six months later, however, the twins heard that their mother was dying.

On Aug. 18, 2004, the Shayang Labor Camp authority beat up Zhang Jingqiong to the brink of death. It is said from the police that it was because Zhang Jingqiong refused to give up practicing Falun Gong and "reform."

* Less than five years old, his father was tortured to the brink of death and his mother's whereabouts are unknown

According to report from Clearwisdom.net dated Oct. 4, 2004, Mr. Huang Wei, a Falun Gong practitioner in Shijiazhuang City, has been on a hunger strike since August 28, 2004. His life is in great danger.

Huang Wei was sentenced to three years of forced labor at the end of 1999 for having the "intention to appeal" on behalf of Falun Dafa. The guards put him through three labor camps in various attempts to force him to write "the four statements" (a criticizing statement, repentance statement, pledge statement, determination statement, all meant to stop him from practicing Falun Gong). He was deprived of sleep for 15 successive days and also tortured. As a result, Mr. Huang sustained three wounds on his head and was on the verge of death. Mr. Huang survived in the end because of his firm belief in Falun Dafa. He upheld his dignity and his belief and never gave in to the evildoers.

At the end of 2002, Huang Wei was released. With the support of friends he began to do business in clothes and medicine. He found some unemployed Dafa practitioners as partners in order to earn a living. He also rented a workplace and storehouse in Room 301, Unit 3, Building 19 of the Tractor Plant.

On the morning of April 13, 2004, Huang Wei was tricked into going to a police station and was detained. The perpetrator was Yang Yuliang, a police officer from Hedong Police Station. The police later went to his place of business and arrested five other practitioners. The police confiscated all their personal property. It is said that all were incarcerated in a detention center. After their protest by hunger strike they were taken back to the police station -- 37 days after they had been arrested. The police did not allow their family members to visit. The police made up confessions signed with fake fingerprints, and committed perjury to frame them. Then, at the end of May, Huang Wei was sent to Division 202, Brigade 2 of the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. There, the guards kept him separated from everyone else and blocked off all information about him.

Huang Wei is only about 30 years old. He has a 5-year-old child. His wife, Hao Yanqiu's whereabouts have been unknown since he was arrested. Thus, his relatives have temporarily adopted his child.

For the sake of the children mentioned in these sad stories, children who are enduring huge misery that conceals an even greater disaster, that of certain people in the Chinese government ruining people's minds, families and souls with lies and deception in China right now: kindhearted people, please join together send our just plea to put an end to this ruthless persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners! Falun Gong practitioners are good people who believe in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." Let's reach out our helping hands and extend our care to these children whose parents died for speaking up the truth for their belief! This effort is also for everyone's rights and future, including ours.

Sept. 28, 2004