(Clearwisdom.net) This is an eyewitness account by a detainee in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Hospital. She witnessed the persecution of practitioners Ms. Liu Limei, Ms. Fu Guilan, and Ms. Wu Yajie from Yilan County between 2002 and 2004. During their imprisonment in the labor camp, this detainee witnessed the miracle of Falun Dafa and the practitioners' steadfast faith and determination to validate and safeguard the Fa with their lives. As a result, this eyewitness embarked on the path of Faun Dafa cultivation and became a determined practitioner. The following is an account of what she witnessed:

1. How Ms. Liu Limei, an Associate Professor of Agriculture at Northeastern University, died as a result of the persecution

In early 2003, the police in the Dongli District arrested Ms. Liu Limei, a practitioner from the Xiangfang District of Harbin City. They detained her at the No. 1 Detention Center, where she endured severe persecution. She showed signs of advanced tuberculosis and was in critical condition. But the local "610 Office" and other government agencies did not let release her, and on July 17 she was transferred to the Wanjia Labor Camp Hospital for further persecution even though, according to camp regulations, she was too ill for the labor camp hospital.

As soon as Ms. Liu Limei was admitted to the hospital, Liu Yaqin, the police captain, immediately segregated her from other practitioners. But Ms. Liu Limei was undaunted. She continued to send forth righteous thoughts, clarify the truth, and do everything a practitioner in Fa-rectification is supposed to do.

On July 18, 2003, Officer Liu Yaqin came to Liu Limei's room and asked to see the indictment, because she wanted to know the details of the prosecution. Ms. Liu Limei told Officer Liu, "The indictment is all lies and fabricated charges. It would not do you any good to read it." She then carefully explained to her why the suppression of Falun Gong was wrong, why all the excuses for the persecution were lies, and reminded her not to ruin her own future by persecuting practitioners.

Officer Liu did not want to listen and yelled at her, "Why are you telling me all this? Just give me the indictment!" She then left angrily.

A patient in the room commented, "You see, the practitioner is in critical condition. She's too ill to look after herself. She does not even have the strength to turn herself in bed, yet she is so kind in clarifying the truth to the police."

"Please don't believe the lies and slander on TV. They just want to find excuses to eradicate Falun Gong. But Falun Gong has now spread to over sixty countries," Ms. Liu Limei said to the patient in the room.

Ms. Liu was forced to put up with whatever treatments the hospital gave her and endured them. Later she developed allergic reactions.

On the afternoon of August 1, 2003, Liu Limei's husband came to visit her. No longer able to get out of bed, Ms. Liu had to receive her husband in bed. It was a touching scene, and everyone in the room was in tears - a loving couple who could not be together because of the persecution.

On August 5, Ms. Liu passed blood in her stool, and she was swollen all over. Her condition was precarious. On August 7, the personnel in charge of the clinic and the person handling her case came to her room to examine her, but did not propose any new treatment or release her.

On August 9, Wanjia Labor Camp Hospital notified Ms. Liu's family that she was dying. At 10 a.m., Ms. Liu's family members came to the hospital to see her. While they were visiting with Liu, a police officer took Liu's 12-year-old daughter to another room. The officer tried to intimidate her in an attempt to force her to write the "three-statements." The officer lied to her, saying that her mother would be released if she wrote the "three statements" to give up Falun Gong. The child did not fall for the deception.

At 6:30 a.m. on August 12, 2003, practitioner Ms. Liu Limei died at the age of 41.

2. How practitioner Ms. Fu Guilan from Harbin City died as a result of the persecution

On her way to visit her grandchild with her husband in May 2002, Fu Guilan, a practitioner from Harbin City, was abducted near her residence. The authorities then imprisoned her in the Harbin City's No. 2 Detention Center, but her husband's whereabouts were not known.

Soon after she was detained, Ms. Fu Guilan went on a hunger strike to protest her unlawful imprisonment. She did not stop clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution. "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is righteous! Falun Dafa is unjustly persecuted," she called out loudly.

Under the brutal persecution, Ms. Fu's health quickly deteriorated. She became critically ill and was transferred to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Hospital on September 20, 2002.

The hospital's environment was extremely bad. Police officer Liu Yaqin frequently swore at practitioners, "Why aren't you dead yet?" They didn't allow practitioners to move around or talk. Practitioners were not provided with any water to drink. They could only go to the restroom at specified times. The authorities attempted to force practitioners to give up their practice of Falun Gong. Whoever did not acquiesce would be brutally tortured.

Having been on a hunger strike for over three months in the detention center, Ms. Fu Guilan was extremely weak, and therefore did not meet the criteria for admittance to the labor camp hospital, which is more for persecution than treatment, but she was hospitalized anyway.

During her stay in the labor camp hospital, Ms. Fu had to endure three forced feedings a day, intravenous injections, and verbal abuse from the police. One day officer Zhang Menghua was assigned to insert an intravenous drip in Ms. Fu. She could not find a vein, so she haphazardly stabbed at her arms, the backs of her hands and even her feet..

Ms. Fu did not surrender to the torture. Everyday she persisted in reciting Master Li's teachings, sending forth righteous thoughts, and clarifying the facts.

Ms. Fu became weaker and weaker as the torture wore on. Many days of forced feedings exhausted her and death was imminent. One day in November, she passed out.

The policemen still did not leave her alone. They continued to give her injections. Her arms and hands were covered with bruises. After almost an hour of torture, she finally regained consciousness.

On about December 20, 2002, Fu developed a high fever. The prison doctor examined her and found that she had a fever of 39.2 Celsius (102.6 Fahrenheit). Watching the prison doctors force-feed practitioners, officials from the city's "610 Office" cruelly told Ms. Fu, "You look fine. Your face is nice and pink, so don't try to feign death!"

A few days later, on December 29, 2002, Ms. Fu Guilan died from the relentless torture.

3. The persecution of Yilan County practitioner Wu Yajie

Practitioner Wu Yajie from Yilan County was illegally sentenced to three years of labor re-education and imprisoned in the Seventh Brigade in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp to be "transformed." Ms. Wu went on a hunger strike in protest and was dispatched to the labor camp hospital. Failing to force Ms. Wu to eat, the prison police put her in an "Iron Chair"(1) and tortured her until she passed out.

After they released her from the "Iron Chair," Ms. Wu again did not succumb to their forced feeding. So the officers tied her up on a bed and gave her a beating. Her face was bruised and swollen.

Not only did she not succumb to the torture, she kindly clarified the facts to the officers every time they tortured her.

On October 18, 2002, Ms. Wu was in critical condition. On October 25, the Yilan County's "610 Office" and her employer came to take her back. I have not heard about her since, and I don't even know if she is dead or alive.


(1) "Iron Chair": Practitioners on the "Iron Chair" have their hands handcuffed to the back of the chair and their legs and feet handcuffed in place. The practitioner cannot move. Meanwhile the prison guards will continue to beat and abuse the practitioner, clutching at sensitive body parts such as the inner thigh and the breast.