Latest News from China - October 21, 2004
- [Inner Mongolia] Further Details Concerning the Persecution of Ms. Wang Xia
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Xing Qiying Is Arrested Again
- [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Tongchun and His Wife Tell the Facts about the Persecution They Experienced During Their Detention in the Forced Labor Camp
- [Jiyang County, Shandong Province] Mr. Duzezhou Walks Out of the Brainwashing Center with Righteous Thoughts
- [Weining County, Guizhou Province] Han Jiangui Walks Out of the Detention Center Righteously and Nobly
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] After Her Two Daughters Are Arrested, a Seventy-Year-Old Grandmother Who Could Not Bear the Distress Passes Away
- [Weishan County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhang Manhua Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor for Clarifying the Truth to Local People
- [Wuhan City, Huabei Province] Ms. Wang Li Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Many Times for Practicing Falun Gong
- [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners on Their Way to Beijing Have Been Returned to Their Hometowns by the Railroad Police
- [Changsha City, Hunan Province] New Practitioner Ms. Zhou Yueying Is Facing Forced Labor
- [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Recent Persecution Situation of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Liaoning Province] Lingyuan City Police Have Failed In Their Attempt to Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Binxian County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Fenghua from Ningyuan Township Is Arrested for Clarifying the Truth to the Township Party Secretary
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Chen Meiqiu Is Still Being Held at the Forced Labor Camp
- [Hunan Province] Xiangtan National Security Police and "610 Office" Are Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Beijing] Ms. Tan Shuyun from the Eastern District Is Arrested
- [Hunan Province] Ms. Zhou Dezhuang from Xintian County in Yongzhou City Is Arrested
- [Jilin Province] Two Falun Dafa Practitioners in Jilin Are Arrested
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Shan Xiaochen Is Arrested Again
- [Henan Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners from Xuchang City Are Arrested by the Police During the October Holidays
- [Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Zhong from Kuancheng County Is on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
- [Heilongjiang] Ms. Yang Xifen and Others Being Held at Yilan No. 2 Detention Center
- [Hunan Province] Mr. Yu Shaoqi from Chenxi County in Huaihua City Is Arrested for Making Truth-Clarification Phone Calls
1. [Inner Mongolia] Further Details Concerning the Persecution of Ms. Wang Xia
Ms. Wang Xia is a practitioner from Gulinhe City, Inner Mongolia. She is emaciated and weighs only 25 to 30 kilograms (55 to 66 lb) as a result of the long-term torture she suffered in prison. Now she lapses in and out of consciousness, and her mind is unclear. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Yet the police continue to monitor her around-the-clock from outside her home and deprive her of her personal freedom.
2. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Xing Qiying Is Arrested Again
Ms. Xing Qiying lives at 501/Unit 4, Building No. 24 in the Jinma Residential Area of Shijiazhuang City. On the afternoon of October 19, 2004, four or five plainclothes officers arrested her by at a food market near the Jinma Residential Area and took her away.
Ms. Xing has been arrested several times, detained, beaten up and tortured. In May 2004, the Huhua District "610 Office" in Shijiazhuang City and the police department staff ordered the Yuhua Police Station officers to arrest three practitioners in the Jinma Residential Area: Ms. Han Dongmei, Ms. Du Yanfang and Ms. Xing Qiying. The Shijiazhuang Intermediate Court sentenced Ms. Han and Ms. Du each to seven years imprisonment.
At home, a 95-year-old parent and a baby grandchild need Ms. Xing's care. Her family is extremely worried about her current arrest.
3. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Tongchun and His Wife Tell the Facts about the Persecution They Experienced During Their Detention in the Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Wang Tongchun and his wife were among the 40 or more practitioners arrested in Songyuan City on September 29, 2004. Latest reports indicate that the Songyuan Oil Field Police Department informed Mr. and Mrs. Wang's family that the couple had been sentenced to three years and a year and a half respectively. On Monday Mr. Wang will be sent to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City and his wife will be sent to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City.
Mr. Wang Tongchun was sentenced for the following reasons: 1) sending articles to the Minghui website to expose the persecution the couple had experienced; 2) writing truth-clarification letters to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp; and 3) having contact with Mr. Wang's younger sister, also a practitioner, who resides in Japan.
Wang Tongchun's wife was sentenced for assisting her husband to go to Beijing.
The "610 Office" in Changchun indicated that they had kept up surveillance on Mr. Wang Tongchun for more than eight months.
When Japanese Falun Gong practitioners phoned the Songjiang Political and Security Section where Mr. Wang Tongchun was detained, Wang Jiang from the Section claimed that Mr. Wang Tongchun was followed and arrested on his way to Beijing, after photos recreating tortures that Mr. Wang had sent abroad were intercepted by Chinese customs.
Mr. Wang Tongchun is currently detained at the Shanyou Detention Center in Songyuan City and will be transferred to Jiutai City Forced Labor Camp on Monday. On the same day his wife will be sent to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Relevant telephone numbers:
The Shanyou Detention Center, Songyuan City: 86-438-3010001;
Head of the Police Guo Yiping
Wang Jiang: 86-13514386566 (Cell); 86-438-6276782 (Office);
4. [Jiyang County, Shandong Province] Mr. Duzezhou Walks Out of the Brainwashing Center with Righteous Thoughts
In September of 2001, Mr. Du Zezhou of Jiyang County, Shandong Province, was detained and sent to the Jinan City Brainwashing Center by the Jinan City "610 Office." Because Mr. Du refused to renounce Falun Gong he was transferred by the City "610 Office" to Liuchangshan Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City to serve a three-year term. In the labor camp, they used all sorts of torture, including violence, threats, and depriving him of his right to meet with his father in order to try to make him renounce Falun Gong.
On September 18, 2004, Mr. Du Zezhou was again sent back to the brainwashing center. Owing to Mr. Du's righteous thoughts and righteous actions, together with the righteous thoughts and timely exposure of those responsible, Du Zezhou walked out of the brainwashing center after five days.
5. [Weining County, Guizhou Province] Han Jiangui Walks Out of the Detention Center Righteously and Nobly
On July 13, 2004, the local Political and Security Section detained Mr. Han Jiangui and another practitioner, who was new to the practice. After local practitioners heard the news, they exposed it right away by posting it on the Minghui website. When overseas practitioners got the news, they took immediate action to phone Weining County and tell the local people the truth. The direct calls to the police system worried the police. At the same time, the detained Mr. Han was all the more righteous in his thoughts and actions and completely negated the persecution by the old forces. No matter where he was, he clarified the truth. Those who learned the truth about Falun Dafa respected him very much. One month later all the practitioners who had been arrested were released. Finally, a window opened, and practitioners who persist in practicing Falun Gong or whose truth-clarification materials are discovered by the police are no longer sentenced to jail or forced labor. This has greatly inspired local practitioners.
6. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] After Her Two Daughters Are Arrested, a Seventy-Year-Old Grandmother Who Could Not Bear the Distress Passes Away
Ms. Cheng Qingyun, a 70-year-old practitioner, lived at Wanghua Street, Shenyang City. After she heard that her two practitioner daughters had been arrested by the police in April, she went into shock and passed away in August 2004.
In April 2003, the police arrested Ms. Cheng's daughters, forty-two-year old Liu Jinzhi and thirty-nine year old Liu Jinying, on their way to work. Now the two women are being held in the Longshan Forced Labor in Shenyang City.
Also in April 2003, Cheng Qingyun's son was taken to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp's brainwashing center. He was released one month later. When Cheng Qingyun died, the Longshan Forced Labor Camp did not allow her daughters to attend the funeral.
7. [Weishan County, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhang Manhua Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor for Clarifying the Truth to Local People
Ms. Zhang Manhua, 50 years old, is from Weishan County, Yunnan Province. She was detained for 24 hours for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to the local people and was released on bail. In early September, Ms. Zhang was arrested again by the County "610 Office" and the National Security Division and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Now she is in the Dabanqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Kunming City.
8. [Wuhan City, Huabei Province] Ms. Wang Li Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Many Times for Practicing Falun Gong
Ms. Wang Li, 28 years old from Wuhan City, was a distributor for the South-Central Correspondent Bureau of the newspaper "China Women." She was chosen as one of ten top youths in China. While distributing the newspaper and conducting interviews, she helped countless people with their critical needs by following the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance." Because she persisted in practicing these principles, she was arrested and detained in brainwashing centers many times between July 20, 1999 and 2004. She was also sentenced to forced labor three times. In February 2000, she was subjected to the "Death Bed" torture for 11 days in the No. 1 Section of the Seventh Division of the Wuhan City Police Bureau. Last year she was transferred from the forced labor camp to the Jiangan Brainwashing Center, where she was almost tortured to death before she walked out with righteous thoughts. She was handcuffed and hung up with both feet off the ground. She also suffered from other cruel tortures in the brainwashing center. Recently she disappeared. Her family searched far and wide before they learned that Ms. Wang was detained at the Shayang Farm and later transferred to Hewan Forced Labor Camp. In the beginning of September she was transferred to the Jianghan District Brainwashing Center for more torture. She is still at the brainwashing center.
9. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners on Their Way to Beijing Have Been Returned to Their Hometowns by the Railroad Police
On October 17, 2004, practitioners Ms. Wang Guofang, Ms. Wang Lin, Ms. Wang Yanping, Ms. Jing Jichun, Ms. Yu Cuimei, Ms. Quan Jinzi and three underage children, together with five practitioners from Jiapigou (names are not immediately available) on their way to Beijing were sent back to their hometowns by the railroad police. They were sent back because "Falun Gong practitioners are not allowed to go to Beijing."
Huadian City "610 Office" then took the opportunity to extort money. They demanded that the practitioners' families pay a five-thousand-yuan "return fee," otherwise they would not pick up the practitioners. After the practitioners returned, the "610 Office" detained the adults and the children for more than 24 hours with no legal cause.
10. [Changsha City, Hunan Province] New Practitioner Ms. Zhou Yueying Is Facing Forced Labor
Ms. Zhou Yueying, about 60 years old, was jailed at the Changsha City No. 3 Detention Center in 2000 for her involvement in a legal business transaction. During her detention she learned Falun Dafa from a practitioner, who was held in the same cell with her. After her release in 2002, she went to clarify the truth with veteran practitioners.
In the evening of September 20, 2004, Ms. Zhou was arrested while handing out truth-clarification material in Ansha Township, Changsha County. Another practitioner Ms. Xiao Yuehong, who has always been active in clarifying the truth, was arrested at the same time. Ms. Xiao, 38 years old and employed by the former Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, had gone to Beijing from the Yuelu District of Changsha City. They are now being held at the Changsha City Detention Center. Ansha Police Station in Changsha County and the Changsha County Police Department are responsible. These two practitioners have now been detained for over a month.
Telephone numbers of the units involved in the persecution:
Ansha Police Station (directly involved in the case), Changsha County: 86-731-6706890
Changsha City Detention Center: 86-731-4074801, 4074802, 4074803,
11. [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Recent Persecution Situation of Falun Dafa Practitioners
In the afternoon of September 17, 30-year-old practitioner Ms. Yan Liping was reported and arrested while handing out truth-clarification materials in the Hanji Township of Hanchuan City. She is now in the Hanchuan City No. 2 Detention Center. Ms. Yan Liping clarified the truth about Falun Dafa to anyone she met. When her brother and sister-in-law requested her release, the detention center staff lied that they would release her on October 2. However, on September 30 the city police department, in collaboration with the "610 Office," transferred Ms. Yan to the Hanchuan City No. 1 Detention Center for further detention. Later they sentenced her to two years of forced labor and sent her to the Qilihu Prison in Zhongxiang City, Hubei Province, without notifying her family.
In the afternoon of October 13, practitioners Ms. Huang Haitang, who is in her sixties and from Xiaojiatai in Yongfeng Village, Liuge Township of Hanchaung City, Hubei Province, and Huang Zhenggao, who is in her twenties, were carrying bricks for someone who was building a house. Huang Zhenggao read her Falun Gong book during the break. Unfortunately, He Chengsheng, the Director of the Office to Comprehensively Tackle the Problems of Liuge Township in Hanchuan City, discovered her. He Chengsheng threatened to send Huang Zhenggao to the police station. Then Ms. Huang Haitang began to clarify the facts to him. Instead of listening to her kind advice He Chengsheng said, "Oh, you also practice Falun Gong, do you? Okay, I will detain you as well." Practitioners Huang Haitang and Huang Zhenggao were both arrested and are now held at the Hanchuan City No. 2 Detention Center.
Telephone numbers of those involved in the persecution:
Xia Wei, Deputy Head of the Hanchuan City Police Department:
86-712-8382162 8383417 extension 4211 (Office),
86-712-8285552 (Home), 86-13670292895 (Cell)
Zhang Huaming, current director of the Hanchuan "610 Office":
86-712-8283610, 86-712-8391909 (Office), 86-13329902909 (Cell)
12. [Liaoning Province] Lingyuan City Police Have Failed In Their Attempt to Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
Practitioners Ms. Wang Yuqin, Ms. Wang Suqin and Sun Qingge from Songlinzi Township in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province, were reported to the police. On October 18, 2004, Ms. Wang Yuqin was arrested by the police from the Songlinzi Township Police Station of the Lingyuan City Police Department. She was sent to Lingyuan Detention Center where she is being tortured. Ms. Wang Suqin and Sun Qingge walked away with righteous thoughts.
Zhou Jingxue, Chief of the Lingyuan City Police Department:
13. [Binxian County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Fenghua from Ningyuan Township Is Arrested for Clarifying the Truth to the Township Party Secretary
In the morning of October 17, 2004, practitioner Ms. Sun Fenghua from Ningyuan Township, Binxian County, Heilongjiang Province, presented a letter advising people to do what is good and three cards of good wishes to the Township Party Secretary Qiao Guanglin. Qiao refused to accept them. When Ms. Sun Fenghua tried to give the letter and cards to him again, Qiao angrily called the local police in an attempt to arrest Ms. Sun, but his attempt failed. Then he asked the Binxian County "610 Office" to trick Ms. Sun Fenghua into going to the office for a talk. She was arrested and kept at the Binxian County Detention Center.
14. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Chen Meiqiu Is Still Being Held at the Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Chen Meiqiu from Changchun City was arrested in March 2002 and sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp, where she is being tortured. She was not released even when her term expired. The forced labor camp collaborated with the local "610 Office" to send Ms Chen Meiqiu directly to the Xinglongshan Law Study Class (actually a brainwashing center) in Changchun City in an attempt to force her to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa.
Five months later, Chen Meiqiu was locked up in the forced labor camp again under a false charge of "disturbing the social order." On August 12, 2004, Ms. Chen was directly sent to Xingshan Brainwashing Center for further persecution. At home, Ms. Chen has a 70-year-old mother and a young daughter, who has had to drop out of school because her mother is being persecuted and they have no income. They have to borrow money and live a wretched life.
15. [Hunan Province] Xiangtan National Security Police and "610 Office" Are Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners
In the latter half of September, police from the Yuntang Police Station in Xiangtan City, the City National Security Bureau, and the "610 Office" conspired to arrest Ling Jia while Ling Jia was attending a lecture at Beiying School in Xiangtan City. Ling Jia is now held at the Sanjiaoping Detention Center, Xiangtan City.
At 11 o'clock on October 9, practitioner Mr. Zhang Shengjia was about to send lunch to his grandson at a school. Local security guard Chen Guang, who is from the Heping Residential Area Community Center in Xiangtan City, went to Mr. Chen's home under the guise of checking their household registration. Four policemen from the Liuyang Police Department's "610 Office" went in right after him and arrested Mr. Zhang Shengjia. They dragged him into the police car. The rice and dishes he had cooked were all scattered on the floor. Mr. Chen was not even allowed to put his shoes on. His whereabouts are still not known.
He Lixiang, Director of the Heping Residential Area Community Center:
16. [Beijing] Ms. Tan Shuyun from the Eastern District Is Arrested
Ms Tan Shuyun, over 50 years old, lives at No. 9 Lane in Dongsi, Beijing City. On September 25, 2004, plainclothes police arrested Ms. Tan while she was reading an electronics book on a bus. Her whereabouts are still unknown.
17. [Hunan Province] Ms. Zhou Dezhuang from Xintian County in Yongzhou City Is Arrested
Ms. Zhou Dezhuang, over 30 years old, from Xintian County in Yongzhou City, Hunan Province, is steadfast in her practice of Falun Gong. She has been illegally detained for more than a year.
On October 6, 2003, Ms. Zhou Dezhuang owned a stall at the Jiantou Market in Xintian County. She sold garlic and handed out truth-clarification materials. Someone informed the police and officers from the Political and Security Section of the Country Police Department rushed to the market in their police car to unlawfully arrest her. Her stall was confiscated. The police later phoned her family to send some clothes. When her family went to visit her to bring the clothes on September 11, they were told that Ms. Zhou had been transferred but were not informed exactly where.
18. [Jilin Province] Two Falun Dafa Practitioners in Jilin Are Arrested
Ms Deng Lihua, over 40 years old, lives at the Tiedong in the Longtan District of Jilin Province. On October 15, 2004, when she went to Shulan City to attend her daughter's wedding, she handed out the truth-clarification materials. She was arrested by the local police and is now being held at the Jilin City No. 3 Detention Center.
Ms. Chen Weiyuan resides in the Longtan District of Jilin City. On October 18, 2004, policemen from the Tiedong Police Station arrested her when hanging up Falun Dafa banners. Her house was ransacked. All the Falun Dafa books and the truth-clarification materials were taken away. The policemen also stole the money they found in the house. They confiscated the last few yuan from Chen Weiyuan husband's pocket. Ms. Chen Weiyuan was sent to the Jilin City No. 3 Detention Center on October 19.
Telephone numbers of persons involved in the persecution:
Wang Wei, Deputy Head of the Tiedong Police Station: 86-432-3039726,
Liu Xuezhi, Head of the Jilin No. 3 Detention Center: 86-432-2578266 (Home)
19. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Shan Xiaochen Is Arrested Again
At about 9 o'clock in the evening of October 14, plainclothes police arrested Mr. Shan Xiaochen inside a residential building in the Songshan District. He is now in the Songshan District Detention Center and being tortured.
When Mr. Shan Xiaochen went to Beijing to validate the Fa in October of 1999, he was arrested and sent to Tumuji Forced Labor Camp in Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia, and tortured for three years. During his time in the forced labor camp he went on a hunger strike for nearly three months. He refused to renounce Falun Dafa. He was force-fed daily. Every time when he was force-fed, the guards used a funnel-shaped metal device to force open his mouth and pour a mixture of cornmeal with water down his throat. Mr. Shan also suffered daily from the torture of "tying the ropes" (1). The torture usually would last for five minutes every time. Then Mr. Shan was forced to stand under the scorching sun for a long period of time. He suffered like that for nearly three months. .
20. [Henan Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners from Xuchang City Are Arrested by the Police During the October Holidays
On October 5, practitioners Mr. Zhang Peisheng and Mr. Cai Yin were arrested by the police while clarifying the truth to the local people. Now they are held at Xuchang City Detention Center and the City Detention House respectively.
Weidu District police arrested Ms. Sun Qiuyun from Xuchang City as she was handing out truth-clarification materials during the National Day holiday. She is currently being detained.
Police arrested Mr. Lian Yuzhu and Ms. Cuiling from the Relay Factory in Xuchang City for clarifying the truth during the October holiday period.
21. [Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Zhong from Kuancheng County Is on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
The evening of October 14, 2004, Mr. Wang Zhong and Ms. Yang Cuirong from Kuancheng County in Hebei Province went to the countryside to hand out truth-clarification materials. Their car broke down and villagers reported them to the local police. The police station staff reported them to the County National Security Division. As a result Mr. Wang Zhong was arrested and Ms. Yang Cuiring walked away with righteous thoughts. She is now homeless and wondering about to avoid being arrested. Mr. Wang Zhong, who is now detained at the County Detention Center, is holding a hunger strike to protest the persecution.
Telephone numbers of those involved in the persecution of practitioners:
Gaoshan, the National Security Division: 86-13831498678 (Cell),
Li Zeyuan, the Director of the County "610 Office": 86-314-6862126
22. [Heilongjiang] Ms. Yang Xifen and Others Being Held at Yilan No. 2 Detention Center
Ms. Yang Xifen from Zhushan Village, Hongkeli Township in Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province, and other others were arrested when clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. Now they are being held at the Yilan County No. 2 Detention Center.
23. [Hunan Province] Mr. Yu Shaoqi from Chenxi County in Huaihua City Is Arrested for Making Truth-Clarification Phone Calls
Mr. Yu Shaoqi, 27 years old, is a practitioner from Chenxi County, Huaihua City, Hunan Province. About two weeks ago, after reading articles on policeman Tang Yubao disfiguring Dafa practitioner Gao Rongrong with electric shock torture, he phoned Tang Yubao. He asked him kindly to stop violating the law. The Chenxi County "610 Office" promptly arrested him. The Head of the National Security Division Yu Qingchang beat him cruelly. All his teeth came loose and his mouth bled profusely. Yu Qingchang also twisted Mr. Yu Shaoqi's hand to the point that it was about to break. Mr. Yu Shaoqi is now still under detention.
1. "Tying the Ropes": The police tie the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police would use all the force they can muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, making it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm.