(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Gai, 55, was a resident of Boshan Town, Bo'ai County, Jiaozuo City, Henan Province. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. She went to Beijing to appeal in 2000, and since then, she has been arrested many times. On the evening of September 26, 2003, police officer Liu Dadong and others from the Boshan Town Police Substation went to Zhangruji Township, where Ms. Liu's parents live, and tricked Ms. Liu and her daughter-in-law into getting into a police vehicle. They were then taken directly to the Zhangruji Police Substation.

Upon their arrival at the police station, Ms. Liu's daughter-in-law went to use the restroom, and when she came out, she found Ms. Liu unconscious, and her complexion was very pale.

Liu Dadong said, "Your mother-in-law's blood pressure suddenly shot up and she lost consciousness. We are taking her to the hospital. You may go home now."

Soon after Ms. Liu's daughter-in-law returned home, news came that the emergency rescue was ineffective, Ms. Liu had died, and her body was to be immediately cremated. When the family hurried to the hospital, the lawless officials did not allow them to see her body.

After constant pleading by family members, the police eventually allowed two of Ms. Liu's sons to see her body. Upon seeing their mother's condition, the two sons were shocked. Their mother, who was healthy and strong when she left home, was now too gruesome to look at. She had bruises all over her body, her clothes were torn apart, and stab wounds covered her arms.

When the sons asked what happened, Liu Dadong and the other police could not give a clear answer. First they said it was because of the emergency care at the hospital, and then they changed their story, saying it was because the crematory did a poor job in maintenance.

Later, the Boshan Town Party Supervisor paid Ms. Liu's family about 15,000 Yuan (1) to "wrap up" the situation.


(1) Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.