(Clearwisdom.net) On May 3, 2002, a police team in Huadian city, Jilin province seized eight Dafa practitioners including Ban Huijuan, Wang Xiuyun, Chen Congyu, and Shao Ling, and took them to the Political Security section of the Huadian City police station. The police tortured the practitioners by cruel means. Wang Xiuyun, Ban Huijuan, Xu Guijun and the others were pulled into the air by their shackled hands from the back and plastered their faces with a mixture of paper and water until they were almost suffocated. This was repeated many times. On the next day Ban Huijun had to be sent to the hospital for emergency treatment. While in the detention center, Ban Huijun was tied to a "Dead Person's Bed" because she resisted the unreasonable requirements made by police. As soon as she was released from the "Dead Person's Bed" [The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is he allowed to get up to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. This treatment would last from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically], she was transferred to prison. Xu Guijun was tortured until she was unable to even move before she was sent to prison. It was said that she was tortured to the brink of death because of her firm beliefs. They were both sentenced to 12 years. Tragically, Wang Xiuyun was tortured to death.

In the Huadian city detention center, police officer Liu Yubo and a prison doctor named Li threatened Dafa practitioners: "I will take care of you. What do you think of this? Here, I am the law and I decide everything." In the Gangtie hospital of Huadian city, several female nurses and one male nurse have been participating in the persecution of Dafa practitioners, and have also slandered Dafa and Dafa practitioners.

During her detention, Wang Xiuyun resisted her tormentors and appealed to be released unconditionally. She went on a 42- day hunger strike to protest and was brutally force-fed many times during this period. Once, food was diverted into her lungs causing a critical situation, which sent her to the hospital for emergency treatment. After three days she was diagnosed with fluid in her lungs. Since she suffered long term mistreatment, Wang Xiuyun became short of breath, and her abdomen was distended so badly that she could not lie down. She was taken to the hospital to receive injections for three days and then forced to go back to the detention center. During this period, the detention center hadn't allowed her family to visit or see her in the hospital. Her family asked for her to be put on medical parole, but the staff at the police station and the "610 Office" would not allow it and wanted to extort a lot of money. At that time Wang Xiuyun was close to death. When the staff of the detention center and the "610 Office" found that Wang Xiuyun was in critical condition, they secretly gave her an injection and sent her to Changchun hospital immediately. After 10 days Wang Xiuyun died.