(Clearwisdom.net August 17, 2003)

Police of the No.3 Forced Labor Camp of Henan Province have been aggressively pursuing all means possible to force Falun Gong practitioners to renounce their belief. They have held brainwashing classes, forced practitioners to read books and materials and watch videos that slander Falun Dafa in order to delude the practitioners. They have also used some people who take the path of evil enlightenment to do the so-called "help and teach" whereby some practitioners with many attachments who do not have a deep understanding of Dafa have been fooled by false "instruction". On some determined Falun Gong practitioners who had resisted the brainwashing, the evil thugs used methods of coercion, cruelly torturing and persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners mentally and physically. Their means are very contemptible and there are different kinds of methods: physical abuse, beating, tying up, electric batons, police clubs, standing and facing the wall, "Roasting a Whole Sheep" [The guards handcuff the practitioner's hands and feet, and then hang the handcuffs from a horizontal stick. They have subjected practitioners to this cruel torture for as long as 11 hours], denying practitioners sleep for long periods of time, inciting the prisoners who are drug addicts and thieves to torture Falun Gong practitioners, and more. They induced the practitioners to write "guarantee statements", promising to give up the practice of Falun Dafa, and if the practitioners refused, they would force them to stand facing the wall and paste humiliating cartoons and pictures onto the practitioners' faces, while at the same time denying them rest for several days and nights. They used all kinds of contemptible and dirty means and dirty language to abuse Falun Gong practitioners. For example, several people would surround and beat a practitioner. They stripped off practitioners' clothes and dumped cold water over their bodies as well as pressing their heads into the water and holding them under for a long time. They used needles to prick practitioners' bodies, burned them with cigarettes. They brushed their anuses very hard with a toothbrush causing the anus to bleed, then put the toothbrush into the practitioners' mouths. They torture Falun Dafa practitioners inhumanly.

During the year 2002, they launched four large-scale persecution campaigns against determined Falun Gong practitioners. These campaigns have left some practitioners with mental disorders and physical disabilities so severe that they are no longer able to even perform the routine activities of daily living, having become totally dependent on others for their care. During each campaign, they isolated determined practitioners from other practitioners and every time it was under the command of policeman Shi Baolong. Falun Gong practitioners with the last name of Hu and Li did not comply, so the police used "Tying the Ropes" [The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back] on them and used the inmates to torture them mentally and physically. The police used a toothbrush to brush their anuses with force, causing the anus to bleed, then put the toothbrush into their mouths, and beat them. Falun Gong practitioner Liu is very determined, so policeman Zhao used "Tying the Ropes" on him and also asked the prisoners to burn him using cigarette butts, and stab him with needles in an effort to force him to renounce Falun Gong. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang resisted them, so the police used the torture method known as, "Roasting a Whole Sheep" and other cruel means to force him to renounce Falun Gong. The "Roasting a Whole Sheep" torture made the practitioner unable to stand or sit. A group of people then surrounded him and beat him with both fists and clubs. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Yang is firm in his belief. The police used the prisoners to torture him. The most incredibly brutal thing they did was to pull his two legs to both sides to the extreme point causing Mr. Yang's anus to rupture while producing intense pain and leaving him with difficulty walking. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Lei is very firm. Policemen Shi Baolong and Zhao even used "Tying the Ropes" twenty times on him and shocked him using electric batons especially on his face, head, and neck until blisters appeared. The blisters later became infected, resulting in extreme pain. In the end, he was devastated both physically and mentally.

During every so-called "attacking the firm and reform" period, these police acted like terrorists; they were arrogant and aggressive, and threatened practitioners. During the large-scale persecution right before the Lantern Festival, they called Falun Gong practitioners together to hold a meeting. Policeman Ren called out viciously, "You will be sentenced if you cannot be reformed, and if you still can not be reformed, you will embark upon a path towards death and be sentenced to death." He used this to threaten Falun Gong practitioners into renouncing Falun Gong.

Before this year's Spring Festival, the director of the labor camp received karmic retribution in a car accident and was sent to the hospital for several months. However, these policemen not only did not change their foul ways, but instead escalated the persecution. Before May 1 this year, these policemen cooperated with Jiang's gang of political scoundrels to launch a large scale brutal "reform". They relocated many policemen and fully armed them, purchased torture tools specifically to torture Falun Dafa practitioners, posted many evil slogans and used speakers to broadcast fabricated propaganda that slanders Falun Gong.

Most practitioners in the No. 3 Forced Labor Camp were tortured to different degrees, but the worst persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, has yet to be told. Practitioner Mr. Yue did not comply with them. He was cruelly tortured physically and was not allowed to rest for seven days and nights. He was tortured by "Tying the Ropes" twenty times and was shocked by electric batons and beaten by police clubs. They also used the cruelest means of "Roasting a Whole Sheep" to torture him. He was injured all over his body and is now unable to take care of himself in terms of daily living. It is too horrible to witness the sight of him today. He was tied to a chair every day and not allowed to rest and tortured one time after another. They also forced him to wear earphones and listen to recordings that defame Falun Dafa. Police have threatened that people who cannot be "reformed" can never come out of the labor camp alive, and they have tried to torture Falun Gong practitioners to death. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu suffered a mental collapse from the torture. Practitioner Wu did not renounce Falun Gong, so they beat him and tortured him using "Tying the Ropes" eleven times. They also shocked him using electric batons and beat him using police clubs. His hands became disabled from the beating, and he was devastated both physically and mentally. Practitioner Zhao did not comply with them. He went on hunger strike and became as thin as a rail but police still did not let go of such a physically weak person. They tortured him using "Tying the Ropes", shocked him using electric batons, and beat him using police clubs. He was injured all over his body and was put in confinement for about a week. He was also devastated both physically and mentally. Practitioner Li did not comply with them. Policeman Jia Zhigang tortured him using "Tying the Ropes" four times. Practitioner Pang called out "Falun Dafa is Good" in a public place, so police inserted an electric baton into his mouth and shocked him causing his mouth, lips, and face to become swollen. Today, he is unable to take care of himself in terms of daily living. Practitioner Wang did not comply with them, so police accused him of violating the rules of the forced labor camp and abducted him for two days and incited prisoners to beat him. Wang's legs were fractured from the beating, and he needed to stay in the hospital for several months afterwards. He is now not able to take care of himself and attend to his daily needs and has still not recovered from the beating.

Additionally, the police in No.3 Forced Labor Camp of Henan Province seriously deprived Falun Gong practitioners' personal freedom and rights by using its labor camp prisoners to watch Falun Gong practitioners. No matter whether during work in the factory, or while out on other work detail, even while going to the restroom, these prisoners would follow the practitioners closely and watch them. In order to reduce their prison terms, these prisoners closely watched Falun Gong practitioners, insulted and abused them, and even tried to start fights with them. Falun Gong practitioners were also not allowed to get in touch with or talk to each other. The police in No. 3 forced labor camp have illegally extended the terms of the determined Falun Dafa practitioners, at least 2-3 months, at the most more than half a year. Some practitioners' terms have been extended two times up to about a year. The police never treat Falun Gong practitioners according to the law.

August 16, 2003