Cases of Jiaonan City "610 Office" Persecuting Falun Dafa Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net August 18) After Clearwisdom.net exposed the crimes that the Jiaonan City "610 Office"* in Shandong Province committed in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners, this office has continued to persecute Dafa practitioners. The following are some of their crimes:
- In May 2003, Jiaonan City "610 Office" started to search for and arrest Falun Dafa practitioners who had become destitute and homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home. The office claimed publicly that it was searching for criminals. In November 2002, Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Pujun was arrested and detained in the Jiaonan City Detention Center. Showing no legal evidence, they detained Li indefinitely and did not allow his family members to visit him. Li was forced to do heavy labor inside the labor camp.
- Hongshiya Town Police Station in Jiaonan City arrested many Dafa practitioners and sent them to a brainwashing center. They also deceived two elderly Dafa practitioners from Qingdao City Huangdao Economic Development Zone into coming to Jiaonan City, and then detained them. The two practitioners were released only after their family members submitted 10,000 Yuan**. The crimes of Huai Douzeng, a policeman from the police station, were exposed many times on Clearwisdom.net, but Huai still kept committing more. In Hongshiya Town, the home of every family with members who practiced Falun Dafa was ransacked. If Dafa materials were found, the family would be fined or its members detained. Three female Dafa practitioners from Wangtai Town were arrested while they were distributing flyers clarifying the facts about the persecution in Hongshiya Town. Under the order of the "610 Office," the police humiliated them by parading them through the streets and also fined each 5000 Yuan before releasing them.
- After female Dafa practitioner Guo Jiaqin from Jiaonan City was illegally arrested in June 2002, she was detained for one month. Later she went back home. On the morning of July 20, several dozen policemen broke into her home and took her away. She was sentenced to two years in a labor camp.
- Female Dafa practitioner Shen Chuanjuan from Jiaonan City was arrested while she was handing out flyers clarifying the facts about the persecution. Her whereabouts are currently unknown.
- While female Dafa practitioner Zhao Famei from Jiaonan City's Xinhua Bookstore was working, four police officers arrested her without due process of law and then sent her to Jinan City Brainwashing Center.
*The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created on June 10, 1999 to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
** Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.
August 18, 2003