(Clearwisdom.net) On October 11, 2002, police officers from Shuncheng District Police Department in Fushun City, Liaoning Province arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Chenyan. She was detained at No. 2 Detention Center, where she was brutally tortured. She was sent once to a hospital for emergency treatment. On August 7, 2003, she was at the verge of death. In order to shift the responsibility, the authorities at No. 2 Detention Center transferred Liu Chengyan to Shenyang City Female Prison to be further persecuted.

The facts of her persecution:

Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Chengyan had lived in Wanghua District, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. On September 2, 1999, she was arrested and sent to a detention center. After 15 days of detention she was sentenced to two years of forced labor and sent to Fushun City Labor Camp. Because she refused to give up her belief in Dafa, on March 1, 2000, she was sent to the Masanjia Labor Camp in Shenyang City. The guards and collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to torture and brainwashing] tortured her brutally. When her term expired on September 2, 2001, the camp officials extended it by 40 days. On October 12th, at the time when she was released, the team leader still slapped her face.

Scars on Ms. Liu's hands

After she left the Masanjia Labor Camp, Liu Chengyan continued doing the things to save people. At 9:00 a.m. on December 23, 2001, she went to Tiananmen Square to appeal and was arrested. Because she refused to give her name and address, the police sent her to Daxing County Police Department in Beijing. The police surrounded her and violently hit her head until she passed out. Police officer Kang Guangping cuffed Liu's hands behind her to the chair legs. He placed her legs flat on another chair, then kicked and stomped her knees. Liu Chengyan was handcuffed for 12 hours and her wrists bled profusely. Kang Guangping wiped his leather shoes with a rug and afterwards stuffed it in Liu's mouth so she could not make any sound. Liu Chengyan's hands were scarred and disabled from the torture. She cannot bend six of her fingers, including her thumb, index finger and middle finger.

The officials at Daxing County Police Department then sent her to a Daxing County Brainwashing Class, where collaborators surrounded her and tortured her with various means. They forced her legs into the double-crossed position and tied up them up for ten hours. Seeing she could not be brainwashed, the police sent her back to Daxing County Detention Center.

On January 8, 2002, the Politics and Law Committee Secretary from Fushun City transferred Liu Chengyan from Daxing County Detention Center to the No. 1 Detention Center in Fushun City. Liu Chengyan had begun a hunger strike in Beijing that she continued after she was sent to the No. 1 Detention Center.

On January 16, 2002, officials at the detention center found that Liu was on the verge of death and sent her to Shuncheng District Central Hospital for emergency treatment. The doctor said he couldn't find her pulse, so they told her family to take her home.

After she returned home, the thick scars on Liu's wrists gradually diminished. She could not walk, though, even on the fifth day after she returned home. Her family helped her to a photo studio to have photographs taken of her scars. The pictures will be used as evidence in a future lawsuit against police officer Kang Guangping in Daxing County.

On January 24, 2002, the eighth day after she had returned home, when she could not yet take care of herself, persons from the police station arrested her again and sent her to Fushun City Labor Camp for three years of forced labor. There, she continued to hold a hunger strike and was sent to a force-feeding site set-up in Fushun City No. 2 Hospital by the labor camp to be force-fed. She was brutally tortured until she was taken home again on April 28, 2002.

After her return this time, after only seven days, she was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. On October 11, 2002, people from Shuncheng District Police Department arrested her on the street and brutally tortured her again. On October 17, 2002, police from Division One of the city police department ransacked her temporary home and didn't notify her family about her arrest. Not until the Chinese New Year of 2003, when a detention center guard told her family to send her money did her family learn about her latest arrest. Liu Chengyan was sentenced to six years in prison. She held another hunger strike at the No. 2 Detention Center to protest the persecution, and the guards force-fed her. She didn't cooperate with them, so the guards ordered inmates to beat her. She passed out from the beating and from the hunger strike, and was sent to Fushun City Central Hospital for emergency treatment. The detention center requested money from her family. Her family didn't have enough money, so the police sent Ms. Liu back to the No. 2 Detention Center. On July 30, 2003, Yu Guide, head of the detention center said to Ms. Liu's father, "Liu Chengyan may die! You people should pay for her to be treated." But Liu Chengyan's family didn't have any money.

In order to avoid responsibility, on August 7, 2003, the authorities at the detention center sent Liu Chengyan to Shenyang City Female Prison to be further persecuted.

Liu Chengyan is on the verge of death. We hope that practitioners will send forth strong righteous thoughts, and that everyone will come together to secure her release.