Latest News from China - 7/19/2003
July 18, 2003
- [Haozhou City, Anhui Province] Four Falun Dafa Practitioners Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Fu Shengwen Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Li Huaiming and Liu Haixiao Unlawfully Sentenced to Sixteen Years in Prison Each; Liu Haixiao's Wife Sentenced to Two Years; Wu Zilong Receives a Twelve-year Sentence
- [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Evil People Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners on a Large Scale
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Guo Shujie and Xue Lei are Unlawfully Arrested
- [Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Bai Lili Unlawfully Held in the Beijing Legal Training Center (a Brainwashing Center)
- [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] The Donggang City Police Department Carries Out Mass Arrests of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Cheng of the Shengli Oil Fields Unlawfully Abducted to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for Persecution
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Liu Yucheng, Zhang Xuefeng and Others Remain under Unlawful Detention
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Jin Yan Remains Missing after Over a Year
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Minjie Forcibly Sent to a Brainwashing Class at the Zhangshi Rehabilitation Institute
- [Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Zeng Yuefang and Seven Other Falun Dafa Practitioners Remain in Unlawful Custody at the Xingning Detention Center
- [Northeast China] Banners Placed by Falun Dafa Practitioners Awaken Local Residents
1. [Haozhou City, Anhui Province] Four Falun Dafa Practitioners Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
In 2003, four Falun Dafa practitioners in Haozhou City, Anhui Province, Ms. Mao Luge, Ms. Li Guiyun, Mr. Li Jun, and Mr. Fu Mingping, have been unlawfully sentenced to prison for eight, seven, five, and four years respectively. Among them, Ms. Mao and Ms. Li have been sent to the Suzhou City Women's Prison. The evil scoundrels recently claimed that more practitioners are to face prison terms.
Director of the Haozhou City "610 Office" in Anhui Province: Xu Nailiang. [The "610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.]
Collaborators [practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing]: Wang Tai'an, Yu Yingchao, and Wang Yingchao.
2. [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Fu Shengwen Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison
Mr. Fu Wensheng was unlawfully arrested while posting truth clarifying materials. Yu Bin is the person who called the police. Mr. Fu is currently being unlawfully held in the Gaizhou City Detention Center. Before being transferred to the detention center, Mr. Yu refused to cooperate with the evil forces and police officer Li Decai viciously beat him. On the morning of June 26, the Gaizhou City Court held a secret trial without notifying Mr. Fu's family. The expected prison term for him is between four to six years.
Judge: Wen Lihua.
Juror: Jiang Linma, whose mobile number is 86-13840713997.
3. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Li Huaiming and Liu Haixiao Unlawfully Sentenced to Sixteen Years in Prison Each; Liu Haixiao's Wife Sentenced to Two Years; Wu Zilong Receives Twelve-year Sentence
Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Li Huaiming and Mr. Liu Haixiao are from Shuangyang District, Changchun City, Jilin Province. Each of them has been unlawfully sentenced to sixteen years in prison. Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Zilong has been unlawfully sentenced to twelve years in prison. Mr. Liu's wife was unlawfully sentenced to two years in prison for offering help to Falun Dafa practitioners. All of them are being held in the No. 3 Detention Center affiliated with the Changchun Police Department, located north of Sheling Township, Shuangyang District.
When the trials were held, no family members of Falun Dafa practitioners were allowed to attend. Falun Dafa practitioners shouted, "Falun Dafa is good" and "Falun Dafa is the righteous law." At 9:00 a.m. on June 18, when the judge issued the sentence, the police gagged Falun Dafa practitioners and put masks on them. The court came up with all sorts of excuses to prevent practitioners' family members from attending the trial. During their more than one year of detention, the police had also denied any visits from family members. The cash in practitioners' pockets was taken away and designated as "funds for activities." All of the Falun Dafa practitioners above have filed an appeal, refusing to acknowledge the unlawful sentencing.
4. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Evil Scoundrels Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners on a Large Scale
Evil scoundrels in Zhuozhou City are carrying out a large-scale persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners. Over twenty Falun Dafa practitioners are being unlawfully held in detention, and many have received unlawful sentences.
5. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Guo Shujie and Xue Lei Unlawfully Arrested
Insiders have revealed that Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Guo Shujie and Ms. Xue Lei from the Linghe Division of the Jinzhou City State Tax Bureau were abducted from their workplace and taken to the Jinzhou No. 2 Detention Center. Police officer Sun Zhi'an from the State Security Brigade in the Linghe Division of the Police Department plans to unlawfully sentence Ms. Guo and Ms. Xue to education through forced labor. In doing so, he will meet the quota distributed to various districts from Jiang's regime. The proposal for the unlawful sentencing has been submitted to the Linghe Police Department in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province.
We hope that fellow practitioners will write letters and make telephone calls to the Linghe Division of State Tax Bureau and other relevant departments to clarify the facts, suffocate the evil, and rescue these practitioners.
Address: Linghe Division of the State Tax Bureau in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, ZIP 121001.
Directors of the Bureau: Xue Shengwei, Zhang Tiejin, and Jiao Zhiqiang.
Office of Directors at the Tax Bureau: 86-416-3129195, 86-416-3157240, 86-416-3120027.
Investigation Section where Ms. Guo Shujie works: 86-416-3128175 (Section 1) and 86-416-3121021 (Section 2).
Accounting Section where Ms. Xue Lei works: 86-416-3168204.
Residential telephone numbers: 86-416-2830111 for Xue Shengwei, 86-416-3153625 for Zhang Tiejin, and 86-416-3127282 for Jiao Zhiqiang (whose mobile number is 86-13904968283).
Office of the Linghe Division of the Jinzhou City Police Department: 86-416-2133321.
6. [Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Bai Lili Unlawfully Held in the Beijing Legal Training Center (a Brainwashing Center)
Several articles on the Clearwisdom website have reported on the abuse and torture experienced by Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Bai Lili in the forced labor camps in Beijing and Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province. In July 2002, she was placed under arrest again and held in the Beijing Legal Training Center, which in fact is a brainwashing center. Ms. Bai went on a hunger strike to protest the unlawful custody. The police tied her up on a filthy bed and kept her there around the clock.
7. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] The Donggang City Police Department Carries Out Mass Arrests of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Since mid-June, under the order of the Donggang City Police Department, an all-out campaign was conducted to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners. Despicable measures have been employed, including staking out, tailing, surveillance and telephone line tapping. Over twenty practitioners have fallen victim to this campaign, including Liu Zhiqing, Xu Guilan, Cao Shuyan, Sun Jiajun and his wife, Pan Shouchen, Pan Shouliang, Pan Wende and his wife, and an elderly lady named Ms. Yu. Two sites were sabotaged where Falun Gong materials were kept. Among those unlawfully arrested, Li Ziqing was taken away from the restaurant he owns, and Pan Wende and his wife were kidnapped from their home.
8. [Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Cheng of the Shengli Oil Fields Unlawfully Abducted to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for Persecution
Mr. Li Chen was first held in isolation after being brought back by his company from the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp located in Beijing. He was then sent directly to a brainwashing facility in the Oil and Gas Condensation and Transportation Company. After being abused for over a month, Mr. Liu refused give in to the evil. He has since been sent to the notorious Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province for further persecution.
9. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Liu Yucheng, Zhang Xuefeng and Others Remain under Unlawful Detention
Mr. Liu Yucheng, Mr. Zhang Feng and others have exposed Jiang's genocide over the Internet. They were unlawfully arrested and have so far remained in custody.
10. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Jin Yan Remains Missing after Over a Year
Ms. Jin Yan was born in 1958. She became a Falun Gong practitioner in December 1995. On July 20, 1999, Ms. Jin went to the provincial capital, Changchun City, to validate Falun Dafa. She was unlawfully arrested and later released. Members of the local police station, neighborhood administration office, and the Longtan District "610 Office" have since constantly harassed her without cause.
To further validate Falun Dafa and clarify the truth about Falun Gong to the public, Ms. Jin went to Beijing on April 1, 2002. She has been missing ever since, and no one knows if she is still alive.
11. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Minjie Unlawfully Sent to a Brainwashing Class at the Zhangshi Rehabilitation Institute
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Minjie, 58, is from Tiexi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Around 9:00 a.m. on July 15, she was abducted after being deceived into going to the neighborhood administration office for a chat. Ms. Zhang is being held at the brainwashing center within the Zhangshi Rehabilitation Institute. Leaders of the institute claim that she is not to be released or even visited by her family unless she renounces her belief in Dafa.
12. [Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Zeng Yuefang and Seven Other Falun Dafa Practitioners Remain in Unlawful Custody at the Xingning Detention Center
Ms. Zeng Yuefang and seven other Falun Dafa practitioners were unlawfully arrested as they were telling the public the facts about Falun Gong in Mei County. They were unlawfully detained on criminal charges. They are currently being held at the Xingning Detention Center.
Ms. Zeng Yuefang, around 30 years old, started practicing Falun Dafa at the end of 1995. She was physically weak since her childhood and was known among the local population for her numerous illnesses. Her parents had spent all of the family's savings on her medical treatment, to no avail. As her condition got worse, doctors told her to quit all treatment and to go back home and leave her life in the hands of fate. Early in 1995, she was fortunate to encounter Falun Dafa. The immense principles of the Fa and the compassionate benevolence of Teacher have taught her how to be a good person and restored her health as well. She has told others that it is Falun Dafa that has granted her a second life.
13. [Northeast China] Banners Placed by Falun Dafa Practitioners Awaken Local Residents
Falun Dafa practitioners in a city in northeast China placed banners all over the highest mountain on the evening of June 2 (the eve of the Dragon Boat Festival in the Chinese lunar calendar). The next morning, when local residents, following tradition, were out in the mountains, they awakened to see everywhere banners saying, "Falun Dafa is Good," "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Law," and "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance."