I Do Not Have a Lawyer, Because No Lawyer In China Would Dare To Defend Falun Gong -- A Dafa Practitioner's Self-Defense in Court
I do not have a lawyer, as no lawyer in China would dare to defend Falun Gong and say that it is good, because dictator Jiang's regime would not allow that. Please allow me to answer the inquisitor's charges, and you can be the judge yourself of what is right and what is wrong.
- The Constitution provides that citizens have the right to freedom of belief, as well as the right to choose different ways of exercise and keeping healthy. I am a citizen who had been troubled by many illnesses and health problems in the past few decades, causing a lot of headaches in my work and daily life, and costing the work unit and myself large sums of money in medical expenses. With a wish for a healthy mind and body to spend my retirement years, I followed the teachings of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in order to cultivate my mind and my body, applying these principles in everyday life and becoming a good person, an unselfish person. Since I started practicing Falun Gong I have become healthy, saving my family and my work unit at least over 10,000 Yuan in medical expenses over the nine year period, reducing the burden on our country. Practicing Falun Gong is beneficial to individuals as well as the nation, so what problem is there with it?
- Falun Gong is a righteous way, and everyone practicing it sets requirements for themselves according to the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," not seeking self interests, not doing bad deeds, how can this be branded "evil"? May I ask every officer sitting here: In the past three plus years, among the Falun Gong practitioners being arrested, detained, and sentenced, was there any behavior such as robbery, theft, drug addiction, drug trafficking, gambling, indecent conduct, deceit, corruption, or bribery? Measuring it in your heart, aren't Falun Gong practitioners innocent individuals? From what I know, aren't all of our local Falun Gong practitioners law abiding citizens?
- Before practicing Falun Gong, I had suffered over 30 years from stomach problems. I also had tuberculosis, neural dysfunctional disease and other chronic heath problems, plus a concussion caused by an accident at my workplace. I had to swallow a large number of various pills everyday and was a burden to both my work unit and my family. My life was an unspeakable misery. In the nine years since I started practicing Falun Gong, I've never needed to see a doctor nor spent a cent on medicine. Wasn't this in itself a miracle?
- The indictment accused me of being in possession of a large quantity of Falun Gong printed materials. First of all, this was not truth but just an excuse to try to put me into jail. The police turned my place upside down for an hour, yet they did not find any Falun Gong material. This has been the fifth time that they ransacked my home since October 1999. Secondly, even if there were materials that clarify the truth about Falun Gong, there would not be anything wrong with them. They just reveal the lies fabricated by certain wicked individuals abusing their position and power to justify the persecution. As Dafa practitioners, all we do is present the facts and tell the truth to the public; there isn't any self interest in it.
- Since I started learning Falun Gong, particularly in the more recent years, I had, as a retired staff member, often worked voluntarily at my work unit when extra shifts were necessary. I did not want anything in reward, neither a penny nor a feast. Since October 1999, I have been helping with estate management in the residential area of my work unit. So many times I have respectfully turned down "gifts" and bribes offered to me. Please think about it in your heart, what does all of this show?
I solemnly request that the court uphold justice and acknowledge my innocence. Falun Gong practitioners are not guilty of anything for having their faith in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance!"
A Falun Dafa Practitioner