1.These are the facts of female Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Li's death by torture. Zhang Li, forty years old, was forced to leave home to escape persecution for practicing Falun Gong. The Lishan District Police Department of Anshan City illegally arrested her on March 3, 2002. As one of the "Most Wanted" on the black list, she was illegally sentenced to life in prison. During her imprisonment, the police interrogated and tortured her cruelly on many different occasions. On August 27, 2002, her abusers tortured her so ruthlessly that her life was hanging by a thread before she was finally sent to the hospital. Because the police had denied her any medical treatment until it was too late, she subsequently died. As confirmed by eyewitnesses, Ms. Zhang Li's trachea and armpit were sliced open even as she was dying. After each interrogation in the First Detention Center of Anshan City, others had also witnessed her body scored with bloody knife wounds. The vicious police wrapped her corpse with a white cloth to cover their criminal offence.

The perpetrators:

The 610 Office of Anshan City

The First Division of the Anshan City Police Department

The Lishan District Police Department of Anshan City

2. These are the events that led up to Fang Lihong's death. Fang Lihong, male, thirty-eight years old, was a former traffic officer with the Anshan City Police Department. After Jiang's regime started the persecution against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Fang continued to practice Falun Gong and refused to renounce his belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance." As a result, he was illegally detained in the police station where he worked. During his initial detention, four other officers kept a constant watch over him. Several months later the authorities transferred him by force to the city's brainwashing class, but he still refused to give up his beliefs. A month later, the police station sent him to the Anshan City mental hospital (the notorious Kangning Hospital) to torture him together with another Falun Gong practitioner and fellow police officer Ma Hongtao, age forty-nine.

The mental hospital and the police station authorities threatened, intimidated and tortured the two practitioners, but couldn't shake their righteous belief. After suffering sixteen months of inhumane torture, they walked out of the evil place openly and with dignity. Then, because of pressure and harassment from the police station, Fang Lihong, his wife, and son were forced to leave home and became destitute. In December 2001, while telling the facts about Falun Gong, they were illegally arrested by the Quanzhou City Police Department in Fujian Province. The police searched their living quarters and confiscated everything. The entire family was detained in the Quanzhou City Detention Center, where they suffered inhumane torture. The police deprived them of sleep for several days to extort a confession, not even sparing their twelve-year-old son, who was threatened and intimidated and emotionally scarred as a result. Refusing to cooperate with the evil forces, Mr. and Mrs. Fang went on a hunger strike to protest. Thirteen days later, on the verge of death, Mrs. Fang was released . Fang Lihong remained illegally imprisoned until he was tortured to death on February 8, 2002.