(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhang Zhenzhong, a student from Shandong University, was abducted by local police in May 2001 while he was distributing truth-clarifying materials with fellow practitioners in Tangyin county, Henan province, including Mr. Wang Fengwei. Zhang Zhenzhong was killed by Li Aimin and other police.

Zhang Zhenzhong, practitioner Wang Fengwei, and two others went from Xin County in Shandong province to Tangyin County in Henan province to raise awareness about the persecution of Dafa on May 17, 2001.

Someone informed the police while they were distributing pamphlets and painting the words "Falun Dafa is good." After beating the practitioners, local police put them into a police vehicle. Zhang Zhenzhong and other practitioners recited Master's new articles and book of poetry Hong Yin in the police vehicle. The more the police tried to stop them from reciting, the louder they would recite.

After they were sent to the detention center, they shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." and "Falun Dafa is a righteous way." They also told people the facts about the persecution. Another group of more than ten police came to forcefully search them and seize their money and belongings after a group of police headed by Li Aimin, chief of the local police station, had brutally beat them up. The police beat any one who did not obey them. Usually three or four police officers used electric batons or rubber batons to assault one practitioner. The police officers kicked them with hard leather shoes. After losing consciousness multiple times, several Dafa practitioners were beaten again after they regained consciousness. Practitioners' bodies were covered with bruises, their clothes were torn to pieces, and their blood stained the ground.

A female Dafa practitioner refused to be searched. Police officer Li Aimin swore at her while pointing to her nose and slapped her in the face. Right away, her nose and mouth began to bleed. They injured her face beyond recognition, with the skin cut and cheeks swollen. The police asked her to kneel down, but she firmly refused. Then, the police knocked her down with a heavy kick, pushing her to the floor by her hair. The police pressed her head to the floor and rolled it back and forth on the floor. Her hair was pulled off in clumps, and the roots of her hair came off with pieces of skin. Her whole head and face turned blue and swollen, with blood and skin strewn all over. Her body was covered with cuts and bruises. Her clothes were torn into rags.

The Dafa practitioners held a hunger strike in the prison. Five days later, the police tied them up to a tiger bench [a form of torture that involves long periods of sitting on tiny benches and not allowed to move]. The prisoners with no medical knowledge force-fed practitioners, while several others held them down and opened their mouths. The prisoners shoved a tube into Zhang Zhenzhong's nose, and kept it there for more than 20 minutes. Zhang Zhenzhong refused to cooperate, but was forced through it. Afterwards, he threw up all the time, and was in extreme pain. Even after this, the police slapped his face while grabbing his hair. Zhang Zhenzhong soon died from the force-feeding.

A 23-year-old university student was tortured to death like this. The police department tightly blocked the news. Later on, a relative of Zhang Zhenzhong saw a piece of news in a newspaper in Beijing, "A tourist drowned after falling into a river in Tongyin county, Henan province." When he saw the picture, he recognized the person and realized it was Zhang Zhenzhong. In this way, the police covered up the truth and tried to avoid taking responsibility. Zhang Zhenzhong's father could not believe it was true. When he went to the Tangyin Detention Center to ask for his son, the police did not dare to admit what had happened. In order to get justice for his son, Zhang's father brought the case to the court in Tangyin County. However, the judge said, "We know that Falun Gong is innocent, yet who can make a ruling on this case since it was a result of Jiang Zemin's orders?" In the end, his father had to borrow more than 10,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China] in order to find the picture showing Zhang Zhenzhong was tortured to death and in order to find the witness Wang Fengwei. At that point, the director of the detention center and the chief of police had to acknowledge it.

Zhang Zhenzhong's mother was extremely sorrowful and suffered from depression. Zhang Zhenzhong's father could not bear the bitterness he faced at home and left home to work in other areas.