Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province and the "610 Office" in Changchun City Detain Falun Gong Practitioners Indefinitely
(Clearwisdom.net) Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province often takes steadfast practitioners from other labor camps in order to persecute them intensively. Recently Wang Yanwei, the chief of Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, said that according to the regulations related to forced labor camps, it was illegal to not release detainees whose terms had expired, but the "bridging education" had to be carried out by the local authority. If the local police station or "610 Office"* would not accept the detainees, the labor camp could not release them.
The "bridging education" was carried out by the Changchun City "610 Office" and the forced labor camp. Practitioners were sent to local "610 Offices" when their terms expired, and then into local brainwashing classes, which led to indefinite detention and resulted in practitioners suffering from persecution for a very long time.
Several persecution cases in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp are listed below:
- Dafa practitioner Lao Mao, who released a truth-clarifying balloon on October 27, 1999, is now detained in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. At the time of his detainment, his legs had already been beaten so badly that he could not walk. Even now he has not recovered and has to be carried on other prisoners' backs to meals or to go to the toilet. His wife has been forced to divorce him. To this day, the labor camp still has not released him.
- Dafa practitioner Zhao Jingtai from Changchun City was not released when his one-year term expired. He was not released until the labor camp extorted 2,000 Yuan** from his family.
- Dafa practitioner Tong Yinhua from Nong'an has been detained for more than a month beyond his designated term, but still has not been released. The labor camp is using the excuse that the local authorities would not accept the practitioner.
- Dafa practitioner Sun Xianming's arm was beaten and injured by a prison guard, but the labor camp would not send him to the hospital. He was not given medical treatment until the injury turned into a disability. The assailant was Zhu Shenglin, a guard in the No. 2 team, and it was Gao Zhilu, the chief of the education section, who instigated the beating.
- A practitioner whose surname is Huang suffered from serious liver disease as a result of his long-term detention and persecution. He could not eat for many days, but the guards did not care. They did not release him until his life was in such a danger that they feared being held responsible for his death. The practitioner passed away within several days of his release.
* The "610 Office" is a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well all other political and judiciary systems.
** Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.