Liu Xiao, 30 years old, was a lecturer at Beijing Xiehe Medical University. On November 8, 2001, Liu was sent to Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp for refusing to give up his belief in Falun Dafa. In the forced labor camp, he was subjected to various types of physical and mental torture. At the beginning, the officers in the labor camp constantly bombarded Liu with official propaganda. They also tried to brainwash Liu by subjecting him to deceiving and slanderous propaganda against Falun Dafa throughout the day and night without rest. Later, Liu was forced to sit on a cold stool facing a wall in total isolation.

But these attempts did not sway Liu's determination. So the police and their collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] started to treat him with mockery, ridicule, satire, scorn, and personal character attack. They scolded Liu in public, subjected him to physical punishment, and tried to force him to renounce his belief in Falun Dafa. Under the endless torment and enormous physical and mental pressure, Liu's mind gradually drifted into a haze. His facial expression became detached and indolent. He lost his ability to speak, and could only express himself with hand gestures. The police claimed that he was pretending, and kept tormenting him. Liu's physical and mental conditions had deteriorated under the persecution. His psyche became extremely fragile. The sound of a door closing or a touch on his shoulder could frighten him. Liu often curled up on the edge of his bed. To further torment Liu, the police would intentionally scare him by screaming at him or slapping his shoulder and yelling his name at the same time. Finally, Liu had a mental collapse. He often hid himself in the bathroom or storage rooms.

During this time, since Liu did not have a clear mind, he urinated indoors. This unintentional act angered some collaborators. They viciously beat him twice, which made his illness worse. The police falsely claimed that his illness was caused by practicing Falun Gong, and they told newly arrived practitioners that Liu wanted to reach consummation to the point of insanity. Finally someone saw Liu tying knots in a storage room, and was afraid that Liu was going to commit suicide. The team leader was notified, and Liu was transferred to the "concentration team." Since Liu had lost his ability to speak, the police tied him to a bed and violently hit his ankles with a padlock to force him to speak. The pain caused Liu to scream; yet he still could not speak. The police tried to fool the practitioners in the same team by claiming Liu had been totally reformed, and he no longer believed in Falun Dafa. Other practitioners, however, saw that Liu wore a blank look on his face as if he could not recognize anyone.

Liu Xiao, who suffered a mental collapse under the physical and mental persecution of Jiang's regime, is not the only victim. Those who have turned against their own beliefs under the forced brainwashing are also victims of Jiang's crimes. Their warped souls are walking toward destruction step by step. The police at Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp will eventually face both the judgment of the legal system and the universal principle of karmic retribution.