Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Northwest China
(1) The China Central Television program "Focus Talk" has slandered Falun Dafa repeatedly. Seeing that the hosts committed crimes against Dafa unknowingly, a practitioner felt immense compassion in her heart, so she wrote a letter to one of the hosts. In the letter she used her personal experiences to explain the truth. She also suggested that this host change his/her career. Soon after that, this host was no longer seen on the program.
(2) Between July and August of 2002, the capital city of one of the northwestern provinces was hosting a nationwide event. During the opening ceremony, two huge banners that were directly behind the ceremony stage opened up and hung off the roof of the museum. The banners read, "Falun Dafa is Good" and "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa." Although there were many police officers, government officials, and reporters from the Xinhua News Agency at the scene, the banners hung from morning to dusk. [Xinhua News Agency is the official Chinese news agency for releasing information abroad.] At dusk, event personnel collected balloons and other banners, but they dared not remove the two Dafa banners, as they were afraid of karmic retribution. Finally, a few military policemen took down the banners.
(3) Before practicing Falun Dafa, a practitioner was diagnosed with several terminal illnesses; the hospital believed that she would not live for more than six months. After practicing Falun Dafa, all her illnesses went away. Her supervisor at work said that it would have been very nice if everyone at work had learned Falun Dafa from her before 1999. On National Day of 2000, this practitioner went to Tiananmen Square to validate Dafa, and she was arrested. She used her personal experiences to show that Falun Dafa is magnificent and sacred. The police officer was so moved that he personally accompanied this practitioner to the bus stop and told her to continue her cultivation after she got back home. After she came back from Beijing, she actively clarified the truth to people. The community office manager was moved to tears by her story, and he/she voluntarily changed his/her job soon after. When the local "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] attempted to take her to a brainwashing center, the local police station and community office refused to cooperate. When they ran into this practitioner on the street, the "610" personnel were speechless after several rounds of verbal sparring. They never bothered her again.
(4) During the 2002 Chinese New Year, a practitioner called up his former supervisor from a previous job. He asked this supervisor if he/she still practiced Falun Gong. This supervisor did not give a direct answer; instead, he/she told this practitioner a story. This supervisor has a nephew who works at a military compound. Every day, many people practice Falun Gong in the courtyard of the compound with exercise music. The exercise and group Fa-study have never been interrupted. This is because the head of the military division has ordered that there will be no disruption of Falun Gong practice.
(5) There were many military police and police officers searching passing vehicles everyday on one of the major highways in the northwest. They wanted to intercept the communication between Falun Dafa practitioners from different regions and to prevent Dafa materials from circulating. One day, several policemen stopped a long-distance bus. A practitioner was sitting by the door, and there was a large amount of truth-clarifying material under his seat. He quietly sent forth righteous thoughts without any fear. In the end, the police searched everyone on the bus except him.