(Clearwisdom.net) On September 2, 2002, the secondary court illegally sentenced six Falun Dafa practitioners from Hengyang in a closed trial without informing any of their family members. The whole process lasted less than one hour. These practitioners had been illegally detained at Hengyang City Detention Center since May 30, 2001. They are:

Xiao Meijun, female, 53, formerly worked at Hengyang City Grain Transportation Team, sentenced to 7 years.
Wang Shengliang, 52, Xiao's husband, a former driver at Hengyang City Grain Transportation Team, sentenced to 5 years.
Liu Xiaoyong, male, 32, sentenced to 5 years.
Lei Yingqun, female, 49, a former accountant at Hengyang City Metal Material Company, sentenced to 4 years.
Wang Sansan, male, 24, sentenced to 3 years.
Nie Tingji, male, 41, a former driver at Hengyang City Steel Tubing Factory, sentenced to 3 years.

On September 2, 2002, the court held the covert trial for the above six practitioners. In the morning, the police came to take the practitioners to the trial. The practitioners refused to wear handcuffs since they had not violated any laws by practicing Falun Gong. With compassion, the practitioners tried to clarify the true facts to the police. The police beat Lei Yingqun to the ground, injured Liu Xiaoyong's head with handcuffs and then forcefully cuffed their hands from behind and dragged them into the police car.

When they arrived at the secondary court, the practitioners found that their trial had not been announced and requested that their family members be called in to witness the trial. The police refused their request and threatened, "We are not going to reason with you and I will slap you if you say anything more."

The trial process lasted less than an hour and the practitioners were not given any opportunity to defend themselves. The judge ignored the practitioners' statements and evidence about persecution by the police, and quickly ended the trial. The police also tried to force the practitioners to sign the court record, but the practitioners refused.

Additionally, practitioner Li Dongsheng from Hengyang was kidnapped on August 13, 2002 and was hung up by the arms or wrists at the police station for 12 hours. His current whereabouts are unknown.

The perpetrators:

Zhou Zhaowen, head of the First National Security Squad
Lei Zhenzhong, member of the Second National Security Squad