(Clearwisdom.net) On March 2-3, 2002, when Indonesian Falun Dafa practitioners held lawful activities such as an Experience Sharing Conference and parade, the Chinese embassy committed illegal acts such as disruption and slander. On April 23, 2002, with the help of lawyer Adi Warman, the Indonesian Falun Dafa Association filed a lawsuit against the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia in the Southern District State Court in Jakarta.

The Judge announces the beginning of the trialMedia reporters interview lawyer Adi Warman
Falun Gong practitioners peacefully watch the trialThe practitioners are sending forth righteous thoughts

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, the Judge of the South District State Court held court to bring the case to trial.

More than twenty Falun Dafa practitioners wearing yellow T-shirts peacefully attended the trial. At 12:30p.m., the judge announced the beginning of the trial. He stated that the court would begin on time, that the plaintiff was the Indonesia Falun Dafa Association, prosecuting through lawyer Adi Warman, and the defendant was the Chinese embassy in Indonesia. But the Chinese embassy did not show up. The reason given: since Falun Gong was not registered with the Chinese embassy, they would not appear in court.

The Chinese embassy's quibbling and twisted logic was inconceivable to the people sitting in the courtroom. The Falun Dafa Association was legally registered with the Indonesian government. Practitioners can hold activities freely as long as they do not violate the law. What right does the Chinese embassy have to interfere with Falun Gong activities in Indonesia? The Indonesian Falun Dafa Association accused the Chinese embassy of disrupting and defaming Falun Gong practitioners' legal activities in Indonesia. Falun Gong was first introduced to the public from China, and now more than 50 countries have people practicing Falun Gong, and all people enjoy the right to practice.

Finally, the Judge gave his verdict, that because the Chinese embassy did not appear in court, they had not fulfilled their responsibilities. The court would meet again two weeks later, on Thursday, June 27, and the Chinese embassy would be summoned to appear in court again.

Some reporters interviewed lawyer Adi Warman, who stated, "The Chinese embassy once interfered with our country's legislative ability, and now it harasses our trial procedures in the judiciary system. They have set a bad precedent."