(Clearwisdom.net) I'm the wife of a Falun Gong practitioner. Since the persecution against Dafa started in 1999, my family has been heavily impacted. In January 2000, my husband went to the municipal police department to appeal for Falun Gong. After he signed his name in the reception room of the police department, the police from the branch police station of our area took him away. They forced him to write a "guarantee letter" and ransacked my home, taking away the book Zhuan Falun and many cassette tapes and videotapes. My husband was detained for 24 hours and later released after my family paid 1,000 Yuan and wrote a "guarantee letter" on his behalf. After that, the local police and government officials frequently harassed my family. Our phone line was tapped. The Party Secretary of our village came to "visit" us every day, and my husband's ID card was also taken away.

On June 28, 2000, upon receiving a report that my husband and several other Falun Gong practitioners were chatting together, the police arrived and detained them in the municipal detention center on the criminal charge of "getting together to make trouble." Family members were forbidden to visit them. This time, my husband was detained for 28 days and then released after we paid 500 Yuan for deposit and 280 Yuan for his food during his detention (10 Yuan per day). In a countrywide census, local officials put my husband on the watch list. In October 2000, local officials and the Party Secretary came to my home and intimidated my mother-in-law into writing a "guarantee letter" that her son would stop practicing Falun Gong and not appeal for Falun Gong again. They also asked for 500 Yuan as a deposit, or, else they threatened that they would confiscate our plot of land and forbid us from doing business. We told them seriously that they were punishing people without a lawful reason and therefore violating the law. On hearing that, they did not persist and left speechless.

In June 2001, my husband and I took our three-year-old son with us to visit my aunt. That evening, five to six people broke into my aunt's home and took my husband away. Three or four days later, I received a notice that my husband was detained on a criminal offense. When my father-in-law and I went to see him in the police station, the police asked us to surrender something they could not specify, or they would come and search themselves. As my husband recounted later, he was forced to get up at 2:30am to make toothpicks and was not allowed to go to sleep until 10:00pm. The police treated him like a slave. On August 5, with no proof or procedure, he was transferred to the District Labor Camp to serve a one-year term of forced labor. We asked a friend to look into my husband's case file. To our great surprise, the labor term was handed down to my husband without any proof of the charge of disrupting social order. Later, we heard that my husband went on a hunger strike to demand his release because of his innocence. When my mother-in-law and I went to see him, the labor camp personnel told us: "Since you are here, sign your name then. Come back to take his body later after he dies. Now we force-feed him with milk. Later we'll feed him with salt water!" Their words upset us so much. We knew they meant business. That's something they were actually doing -- force-feeding Dafa practitioners with cornmeal mixed with salt water.

On December 24, 2001, my husband was transferred to the Provincial-level labor camp. When I went to see him, I found his face and mouth covered with bruises. I asked him who was responsible for the bruises. He said the criminal inmates were. One week later when I visited him again, his face was covered with more injuries. His legs were also injured and his body swayed from one side to another when he walked. This time he was beaten and injured all over his body. Seeing that my husband was being so brutally tortured by the corrupt regime simply for his belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance," I felt so much pain in my heart. At the same time, I took great pride in having such a good husband. I don't think my husband is not caring for my son and me. Instead, it's the evil Jiang-Luo regime that has broken my family.

I know tens of thousands of other Dafa practitioners like my husband have also been arrested, beaten, illegally detained, or even lost their lives. They are enduring tortures and pains that ordinary people cannot endure. Kind-hearted people, please extend your helping hands to these good people. Family members of Dafa practitioners, please step forward to speak out fairly for the good people who cultivate "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance!"

January 28, 2002