1. Around 10 pm one evening in June 2000, policeman Peng was drunk. He used an electric baton to shock Falun Dafa practitioners Gong Zaili, Song Lintao, Li Haoyuan (who has been released), to get them to reveal the sources of Teacher's new articles. When he was through shocking them, he said, "It's not over. I will find you tomorrow." Falun Dafa practitioners requested that he be punished for his misconduct. Police officer Wang Changyu said, "you can talk to the Team Leader tomorrow." But the next day, when Falun Dafa practitioners found the Team Leader Liu Hongguang, he answered, "Did he kill anyone? If he killed someone, I will take full responsibility." Falun Dafa practitioners wished to sue him at a higher level, but Liu found all sorts of excuses to delay, and ultimately prevent the lawsuit.
  2. July-August 2001, Falun Dafa practitioners were practicing the exercises when police handcuffed them using force. Four or five of them were hung by their handcuffs from the upper bunk of their beds. In the heat of summer, the disciples were soaked in sweat. The police made sarcastic remarks and were unwilling to open the handcuffs even to use the toilet or for mealtime.
  3. In September 2001, Falun Dafa practitioner Yao Zhongliang was sitting on the bed in double lotus position. Team Leader Yao Qingfu thought he was practicing the exercises. He made Yao Zhongliang sit on the Tiger bench for 4 days. [Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall. Practitioners' knees are tightly tied on the small bench - "Tiger Bench." The person has to sit straight up with his eyes looking straight ahead. His hands are tied behind his back or sometimes placed on his knees. He is not allowed to turn his head, close his eyes, talk to anyone, raise his hand, or call out for the attention of the guards. Many inmates are assigned to watch the practitioner. If he turns his head, they force the practitioner to hold his head in that position indefinitely. If the practitioner raises his hand to call the attention of the guards when his hands are placed on his knees, they force him to hold his hands in the air indefinitely. If he speaks, they force his mouth to remain open indefinitely. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html).] One night during these four days, police Wang Changyu was drunk, and wanted to force Yao Zhongliang give up his cultivation. As Yao Zhongliang would not, Wang beat him three times between 5 pm till 11 pm. They were in the No.2 office. Yao Zhongliang was vomiting blood. Police Xu Xinyue was mopping the floor. Yao Zhongliang would not keep quiet. To prevent others from hearing their beating they turned the loudspeakers to extremely loud music in every other class.
  4. November --December 2001, Falun Dafa practitioners Liu Yanchang and Cheng Guilin were beaten by Team Leader Liu Hongguang many times for practicing the exercises. Liu hit them hard in the face. In order to prevent others from witnessing the torture, he asked them to go to his office, where he beat them. Yao Qingfu said, "There will be no evidence."
  5. At the end of November 2001, Falun Dafa practitioner Wu Chunlong was punished to sit on the Tiger bench for one week because he practiced the exercises. Many other Falun Dafa disciples requested that he be released from the Tiger Bench, but their requests were ignored. Many practitioners were on hunger strike. Among them Yao Zhongliang, Xia Zhiliang, Dong Shaohua, Li Jingfeng were sent to the mailroom to be force-fed through the nose. Yao Zhongliang and Li Jingfeng were on hunger strike for 6 days; Xia Zhiliang and Dong Shaohua were on hunger strike at least 20 days. While on hunger strike, practitioners were locked in the mailroom. Their hands were cuffed to both sides of the bed, preventing them from standing. Police would only release one hand for a bowel movement but would not release either hand when they needed urinate. Police made the prisoners help them with the torture. Practitioners' feet were bound by cotton belts. Xia Zhiliang's feet were cuffed for a whole day. Many police insulted the Falun Dafa practitioners who were on hunger strike. Police Ge Hongbo directed the criminal prisoners sent to watch Falun Dafa disciples to tie the legs of any practitioner in the double lotus position. Xia Zhiliang was tied many times.
  6. During December 2001, Yao Qingfu beat Li Jingfeng and Yao Zhongliang once each, individually.
  7. In January 2002, Falun Dafa practitioner Dong Shaohua was punished to sit on Tiger Bench on three separate occasions for practicing the exercises. Each time we was forced to sit on the Tiger bench for 7 days. (He was handcuffed for 7 of the 21 total days). Falun Dafa practitioners Liu Yanchang and Liu You were also punished to sit on the Tiger Bench twice each.
  8. On January 1st, 2002, Falun Dafa practitioner Xia Zhiliang was beaten by police Zhang Zhenhua for practicing the exercises. Xia felt pain in his lower ribs and his lower back. His ribs were probably fractured, but the police said he was pretending.
  9. On January 2nd, 2002, police Wang Changyu beat Falun Dafa practitioners Yao Zhongliang, Yu Panyou, and Li Jingfeng. Li Jingfeng's ankle was red and swollen afterwards.
  10. On January 14th, 2002, Xia Zhiliang was visited by his family. Afterwards, he was beaten by police Yu Dalong from the management section and locked in the small cell 5 days. [The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners hands behind their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night the rats are running around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.] During these 5 days, they did not give him any water, or soup. They only gave him two pieces of dry bread each day. His hands were cuffed. The management section police said Xia Zhiliang cursed them, and did not follow their rules, but actually Xia only asked them questions solemnly when the police cursed him. After he came back from the small cell, his face was bluish, and his lips were severely swollen.
  11. On February 2nd, 2002, police Ge Hongbo used lit cigarettes to burn Falun Dafa practitioner Li Jingfeng's hands because he practiced the exercises. Ge Hongbo refused to listen to Falun Dafa practitioner's reasoning, and cursed them many times.
  12. On February 11th, 2002 (Chinese New Year eve), when the whole nation was celebrating the Spring Festival, Falun Dafa practitioner Chen Guilin was locked in a storage room all night, and sent back to the No.2 class next afternoon. The many illegal punishments towards Falun Dafa practitioners included: Extension of the prison term by 10 days for every month for those who refuse to accept brainwashing; Extension of the prison term by 5 days for those who practice Falun Dafa exercises once and Extension of the prison term by 3 days for reciting Master Li's article once.

Police used unspeakable torture methods. They usually called Falun Dafa practitioners to the office, where they then beat them. Once they even taped Xia Zhiliang's mouth closed with duct tape to prevent him from crying out. After they saw Xia's hand had turned purple from the handcuff, they loosed it a little, and continued to beat him. The camp procuratorial officer told Falun Dafa practitioners that their superiors did not allow them to take appeals from Falun Dafa practitioners. Otherwise, they would lose their job.