(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Cheng Xiuchun, and I am 52 years old. I was born in Dehui City, Jilin Province, and currently I live in Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province. I obtained the Fa in September 1997. After starting the practice, my severe cough and other illnesses all disappeared, and I was healthy in both body and mind. Everyone said it was as if I had changed into a different person.

On July 20, 1999, the Jiang regime started the brutal persecution of Falun Gong. At around 9 p.m. on December 24, 1999, policemen suddenly came to my home and asked me if I still practiced Falun Gong. I said, "I practice Falun Gong not only to have physical health but also because our Teacher teaches us to be a better people. As long as I am alive, I will never stop practicing." The policemen then took me to the detention center and interrogated me twice.

After the police kept me in the detention center for three days, they sentenced me to two and half years in a forced labor camp. In fact, they held me for another two months before sending me to the forced labor camp. During those two months, the policemen beat and verbally abused myself and other practitioners very often. They frequently cursed us with dirty words that were beyond our imagination. Two months later, policemen handcuffed me and sent me to Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp.

At Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, the police forced us to carry coal on our backs for more than 10 hours a day. They even forced us to run during the work. Whenever we slowed down, they beat us with nightsticks or shocked us with electric batons. When the coal bags broke, police asked prisoners to beat us. As the prisoners beat us, they said, "The Party asks bad guys like us to beat good people like you. This is the power given to us by Jiang. You have to obey!"

So a few hundred of us gathered together and refused to keep working. The policemen said, "No food if you do not work." In order to demand our unconditional release, we began a hunger strike. Then policemen brutally force-fed us with highly concentrated salt water. Each of us was force-fed about two pounds of this mixture. Salty water was forced in and what was vomited out was blood mixed with water. Police asked us to vomit into a basin, and then they poured our blood mixed with salt water down our backs. With weapons like electric batons, police batons, thick rubber sticks, etc., the policemen pushed us onto the floor, stepped on our hands, and inserted tubes into our noses for force-feeding. It went on like this several times a day.

Meng Qingmin, a schoolteacher, was unconscious for more than two hours because of the policemen's force-feeding. Wang Jianhua's hair was mostly ripped out by the police. A policeman named Xu kicked Liu Rangfang to death in front of me. The policemen also broke Liu Qingping's ribs on the left side when they kicked him. When Ning Qiuyun, a lady over 60 years old, was doing the exercises, policemen broke her right arm. Policemen also brutally beat us and shocked us in the face. As a result, our faces were severely swollen like pumpkins, and our skin was severely damaged. Policemen continually beat us severely. Policeman Xu also broke a rib on my left side when he kicked me.

At around 10 a.m. on April 18, 2000, a policeman called practitioner Liu Guihua and I to the dining room. Police officer Gong brought a bowl of hot soup and asked us to eat it. I said I did not commit any crimes and would not eat food in the labor camp. Gong then poured this bowl of hot soup down my neck. This was terribly painful since the soup was very hot. Then, police tied me down on a bed and inserted a tube from my nose to my stomach, and left it there for over 60 hours. Moreover, we were not allowed to have bed covering. It was snowing outside, and we were shivering because of the cold weather. The police force-fed us with highly concentrated salt water everyday, and we vomited blood everyday.

The police forced us to sit on the concrete floor continuously for more than 10 hours without moving. At that time, many practitioners said, "We cannot yield to their unreasonable requests." So none of us sat down. Policemen kicked and knocked practitioner Zhang Yan onto the floor. Policemen beat and injured many Dafa disciples. I was also knocked onto the floor. Under Teacher's care, my bones that had been broken by the police totally recovered in about two weeks without any treatment. The police were also surprised by this.

In the labor camp, 53 people were crowded into a small, wet room of only several dozen square feet. No toilet was available, and there was only a bucket in the corner for us to relieve ourselves.

In Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, there were no Dafa books to read, and we were not allowed to do the exercises. Later, because of a lapse in my determination, I wrote the so-called "guarantee statement" [to give up Falun Gong] against my will. I deeply and painfully regret this.

In the future, no matter what kind of tribulation I am facing, or no matter where I am, nobody will be able to change me, nor can anyone disturb or interfere with me. As long as I still have a breath left, I will be a Dafa disciple.