The solitary compartments of Team 12 of the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp have been used to hold Falun Dafa practitioners. They are cold and wet places, 1.3 meters wide and 2.2 meters long [app. 4' x 7'], "jails within a jail" that are normally used for severely punishing convicts who have committed serious crimes. [For a detailed description of this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html] Yet the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp uses them to persecute Dafa practitioners. They put those they believe are influential and steadfast in Falun Dafa in the solitary compartments. The rule stipulates that the longest period of detention in a solitary compartment is 15 days (this rule was set according to the limits of an everyday person's endurance). After 15 days of detention, a convict is usually carried out of the compartment. However, practitioner Lin Xiuru (female) has been detained for over 10 months in one, Li Lan (female) over 7 months, Hu Aiyun (female), Zhou Lei (female), and Lu Shiping (female) over 2 months. The practitioners held there are not allowed to take baths, or to wash clothes, nor are they allowed to talk or meet with their families. Sometimes, they are forced to sleep on the cold floor. They are usually starving, yet the police do not allow their families to send food. Above all this, they are often cursed and beaten.

To safeguard the Fa and protest the persecution, the practitioners started a hunger strike on October 20, 2001 and did the Falun Gong exercises in a group. The police hauled them to the iron chairs and beat them. The most violent policewomen are Jia Chunyan, Zhou Muqi (police number 2341189), Wu Bo, and Li Changrong. On the morning of November 4, policeman Li Min kicked practitioner Zhou Lei against the wall because she was practicing Falun Gong. Her head was cut with blood gushing out, requiring her to have stitches. Nevertheless, she and two other female practitioners, Li Lan and Lu Shiping, were forced-fed. On November 5, several more policemen came and kicked the practitioners in the breasts. Zhou Lei had a sharp pain in her right shoulder and arm, and even now she cannot use her arm freely.

On November 13, when Jia Chunyan and the other policewomen were on duty, they wouldn't allow practitioners to have blankets, so the practitioners had to lie on the cement floor for the night. The next morning, because Lin Xiuru did the Falun Gong exercises, she was hauled to the iron chair and beaten. Policewoman Zhou Muqi threw Lin Xiuru's head against the iron chair and tied her hands with a rope. Lin struggled. Jia and Zhou pulled her hands to the back and cuffed them. As the handcuffs deeply cut into her flesh, she cried out in pain, after which the policewomen got some policemen to slap her in the face.

On November 16, seeing that the two practitioners Li Lan and Lu Shiping were talking to each other, the policewomen sealed their mouths with tape. They didn't follow the demands of the police and were severely beaten. Li Lan's mouth filled with blood after the beating by policewoman Zhou and a policeman called Li Min. The next morning (November 17) Li Lan was reciting the Falun Dafa articles. Seeing her lips moving, policewoman Zhou shouted at her, "Don't you dare make a sound!" and she slapped her face. Li Lan recited aloud and Zhou struck her brutally. Just then, the other four practitioners recited "Lunyu"[introduction to Zhuan Falun] together. The police were furious and crazy. They punched the practitioners' faces with their fists. Lu Shiping's ears bled, and Hu Aiyun's eyes were covered with blood. The policewomen even stuffed dirty underpants into Lin Xiuru's mouth. Seeing that Lin Xiuru was struggling, policewoman Jia squeezed her nose to cut off her breathing and make her lose consciousness. When Lin regained consciousness, the policewomen continued to gag her. Li Lan and Hu Aiyun were gagged with dirty socks. Policewoman Zhou shouted hysterically, "We just want to drive you crazy so you'll run around on the street like lunatics." When practitioners asked the police what law they had broken, the police said openly, "You broke the law of the four of us."

Now the practitioners have been sitting on the cold iron chair 14 hours a day for over two months and they are still steadfast in Dafa. Some practitioners turned their heads away when they were forced to watch slanderous programs against Dafa, and the police pulled their hair to force them to watch.

We are revealing the evil conduct for the kind-hearted people to know the truth so they are not deceived by the slanderous propaganda produced by the Chinese president and his associates. We call upon all kind-hearted people to help stop the evil persecution.