Latest News from China - 11/15/2001
- China Exports Products Made with Slave Labor in the Heizuizi Labor Camp
- Crimes Committed by the Public Security System in Zhaodong City and the Shuanghe Labor Camp in Qi City
- The Awakening of Armed Police Officers
- Dafa Disciples Are Persecuted in the No.1 Department of Changchun Public Security Bureau
- Large-Scale Search for Dafa Disciples Starts
- Fa-Rectification Materials Appear in the Guangming Daily's Office Building
- Harbin Practitioners Are Tortured and Have Their Money Extorted
- Daqing City Police Department Uses People's Money to Convince Qiqihar Railway Policemen to Arrest Practitioners
- Exposing the Evil of Anda City Police System
- Authorities Arrest Practitioner Zhang Yi; 12-Year-Old Child is Home Alone
- People Are Indignant at Police's Illegal Actions
[Changchun City, Jilin Province] China Exports Products Manufactured from Slave Labor in the Heizuizi Labor Camp
Heizuizi Labor Camp has seriously violated international treaties China has signed by forcing people in labor camps to manufacture products for export. Companies exporting products made in China are using slave labor to manufacture their goods. For example, the sixth largest team at the Heizuizi Labor Camp produces "miniature Japanese human figurines" for export to Japan. Other teams produce "miniature birds" and other items for export to western countries such as the U.K. and the U.S. How can companies that pay wages to their workers compete with Chinese goods made with slave labor? Furthermore, what incentive is there for China to stop using slave labor when so many people profit handsomely from this abuse? We ask the kindhearted people around the world to pay attention to this matter.
[Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province] Crimes Committed by Public Security Bureau in Zhaodong City and Shuanghe Labor Camp in Qi City
The Mayor of Zhaogong City, Zhu Yin, feared being demoted if a large number of Falun Gong practitioners went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong. So before the Chinese lunar New Year's Day, he ordered the Public Security Bureau to perform many criminal acts. The officers of the Public Security Bureau rounded up practitioners on a large scale, searched their homes without warrants, illegally detained them and sent many practitioners to labor camps. Zhaodong City was in chaos.
One practitioner reports, "They took me to the police substation and then illegally placed me under custody in the detention center for 5 months without any legal paper work. In May of this year, I, along with nine other practitioners was forcibly sent to Shuanghe Labor Camp in Qi City without any legal procedure. We practitioners inquired, 'We are innocent. Why are you sending us to a labor camp? We won't go unless you follow legal procedures.' The Chief of the Detention Center, Wu, was so angered that he started barbarously beating practitioners and dragging them around by their hair. He hit practitioner Sun Shuwen with a club, breaking it into two pieces. The bruise on Sun's head swelled to the size of an egg. The officers of the Detention Center then yelled at the criminals in their cells to come join them in dragging us into vehicles. We were forced into vehicles at 6:00 A.M. Clumps of practitioners' hair were left in the hallway. Practitioners not yet sent out witnessed all this and protested against these criminal acts by going on a hunger strike and demanding their unconditional release. When the hunger strike was into the fifth day, the police officers force fed us with salt water and foul bean curd soup. 35-year-old female practitioner Liu Xiaoling was killed as a result of the forced feeding. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/5/24/10308.html.) Nothing was done to the criminals who caused Liu's death. They are still at large. They spread the lie that Liu starved to death as a result of the hunger strike. It is hard to look at these astonishing incidents that took place one after another."
[China] The Awakening of Armed Police Officers
Two armed police officers carefully watched the entire CD that told the truth about Falun Gong. The CD showed how the self-immolation incident in Tiananmen Square was actually staged by Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan. It showed how the 1400 death incidents discussed by the government was a clear fabrication. It showed the inhuman persecution on Falun Gong practitioners, as well as the wide spread of Falun Gong overseas. After viewing the CD, they said, "Those in power went too far in fabricating lies. The police who arrested practitioners in Tiananmen Square have genuinely damaged the image of the armed police. We heard a rumor long ago in our hometowns that the self-immolation in Tiananmen Square was staged."
[Changchun City, Jilin Province] Dafa Disciples Are Persecuted in the No.1 Department of Changchun Public Security Bureau
- Su Lifeng , female, 43 years old. The police from the No.1 Department of Changchun Public Security Bureau captured her illegally and beat her brutally simply because she delivered some preserved salty cabbage to a fellow practitioner on October 28th. Then the police sent her to the No.3 Detention House in Shuangyang District of Changchun City, where she is presently detained.
- Zhang Yufeng , female, 32 years old. In order to make her give up Falun Dafa, the evil police in the No.1 Department tortured her. It has been reported on Clearwisdom Net how brutally Zhang Yufeng had been tortured. The report caused a great panic among the police in the Changchun Public Security Bureau. In order to find some clues of how their viciousness was exposed on Clearwisdom Net, the thugs tortured her even more brutally. With eyes covered, she was taken to an unknown place where no trace of human habitation could be seen. Judging from the hilly road, it might have been in the suburbs of Changchun City. They took her into a small empty yard where they tortured her and demanded to know why she exposed them on the internet. Zhang Yufeng said, "Why are you so afraid of being exposed if you're not doing anything wrong. People of goodwill will judge what is good and what is bad themselves. What I have said is only the truth. I'll reveal your viciousness to all people of goodwill in the world." They tortured her one whole day before taking her back to the detention house.
- Shandong Dafa disciple Zhang Shuqin , female, 41 years old. On February 7th of 2001, the police from the No.1 Department of Changchun Public Security Bureau kidnapped her along with five other Dafa practitioners. They were detained in Tiebei Detention House. During the illegal interrogation, the malicious police employed brutal torture methods on Zhang Shuqin. Consequently, two big black and blue, hard lumps appeared on her buttocks. For over a month, she couldn't sit during the day or lie on her back at night. Ding Guanshan, from Zhaoyuan City of Shandong Province, is the evil policeman who tortured her so brutally. Zhang Shuqin is presently being illegally detained in the No.3 Detention House.
A whole day's brutal torture made Zhang extremely weak. Even so, the police wouldn't let her go. They kept interrogating her. A policeman gave her a violent punch to the chest and possibly bruised her heart. She lost consciousness on the way back to the detention house. The policemen simply inserted several pills into her mouth and ordered the prisoners in her cell to carry her back. At the time, Zhang Yufeng hadn't completely regained consciousness. It was difficult for her to breathe.
When the prisoners in her cell saw that she had been so brutally tortured, they all stood up and spoke on her behalf. One prisoner who knew Zhang well, said, "Why do you treat her like this. It's too inhumane! What has she done? Nothing, but practice Falun Gong!" One of the police stared at the prisoner angrily and warned her to keep her nose out of it. She answered with the voice of justice, "Even though you are a policeman, in my eyes, she (Zhang Yufeng) is much more noble than you."
[Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Large-Scale Search for Dafa Disciples Starts
According to sources from within the Public Security Bureau in China, the criminal thugs are going to start a new round of illegal, large-scale roundups of Dafa practitioners.
[China] Fa-Rectification Materials Appear in Guangming Daily Office Building
In 1996, Guangming Daily started to defile Dafa using fabricated facts. It has been used by Jiang's criminal gang to suppress Falun Dafa ever since. On October 25th of 2001, Dafa disciples put up banners, such as a "Verse Encouraging People to Be Good," "Solemn Warning to the Evil" and other truth clarifying color photos on the door of the general editors' office and the wall of the building. It effectively frightened the evil and clarified the truth and offered salvation to more sentient beings.
[Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Harbin Practitioners Are Tortured and Have Their Money Extorted
Practitioner Jin Guanghua, female, 35 years old, went to Beijing to peacefully appeal. For this, she has been detained since October 1999. The local police station has extorted 2200 Yuan from her.
Practitioner Liu Dongyun, female, is 30 years old. Between October 1999 and July 2000, she went to the provincial government and later to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Dafa. She was detained and has had 4470 Yuan extorted.
Wang Rong, female, is 37 years old. In December 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and was arrested. In Beijing's Shunyi Mapo Police Station, the vicious police shocked her with electric batons and stomped on her fingers with the heels of their shoes. After she was escorted back from where she came, the wicked people from the local police station extorted 3000 Yuan from her.
[Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing City Police Department Uses People's Money to Convince Qiqihar Railway Policemen to Arrest Practitioners
The police system and 610 Office of Daqing City signed an agreement with Qiqihar Railway Route K48 to pay 600 Yuan for every practitioner arrested on the train. Lured by this money, policemen of Route K48 have started to record the identification of every middle aged woman on the train and contact Daqing City to check if they practice Falun Gong.
[Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Exposing the Evil of Anda City Police System
In Anda City Detention Center, the authorities have detained over ten practitioners in addition to sending many other practitioners off for illegal imprisonment. Among the illegally detained practitioners, there are seniors of over 50 years old and 20-year-old young women. All they have done to be detained was answer truthfully, "I will practice Falun Gong. It is such a good exercise," when the vicious local policemen went to their homes to find out if they were still practicing. One practitioner brought a book to a detained practitioner, and was thus also detained for over one year. One practitioner wrote a solemn statement at home and has been detained in Anda City Detention Center since.
There have been more senseless arrests. Before the Chinese Spring Festival, a practitioner named Guo went to Beijing to visit a relative. The police arrested the practitioner and have illegally detained him since. Another practitioner went out of town to buy medicine for his father. Upon coming back, the police arrested and detained him. Others were detained for speaking the truth to the public.
From the above mentioned illegal persecutions, we can easily see that it is the most vicious Jiang Zemin who has pressured the local government to imprison the Falun Dafa practitioners, suppress those defenseless honest people, and detain those who react to abuses with kindness.
We call on the Chinese government to release all illegally detained and imprisoned Falun Gong practitioners. Bring Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan to justice!
[Changchun, Jilin Province] Authorities Arrest Practitioner Zhang Yi ; 12-Year-Old Child is Home Alone
Changchun practitioner Zhang Yi was recently arrested. His wife had been sent to a labor camp long for detention some time ago. Before being arrested, Zhong had already been driven out of his home and was now homeless. Their 12-year-old child has lived like an orphan after the mother was sent to the labor camp and the father was driven out of his home. The father, Zhang Yi, met the child once to give him some money and encourage him. The practitioners and their family members in China have endured great tribulations during the evil persecution.
[Hebei Province] People Are Indignant at Police's Illegal Actions
The authorities set up an illegal checkpoint at the Taoguan Bus Station along Highway 106 at the border between Hebei Province and Shandong Province. A board was hung beside the road with the painted words "Block Falun Gong Checkpoint." The police checked every passenger's ID card and wrote down their personal information such as name, address, work unit, etc. People were indignant at their illegal actions and denounced the vicious policemen.
November 15 2001