17. Practitioner Fu Ge, female, 52, lived in the Electronic Factory Residential Area in A'Cheng City, Helongjiang Province. On February 3, 2000, an officer at her local police station asked her to come to the station and for no apparent reason, illegally detained her for a long time. Because she continued to practice Falun Gong exercises while in detention, she was beaten and hung up by her handcuffed hands, then forced to sit on an iron chair while cold water was poured over her body. Then an officer opened all the windows in order to freeze her and the other Falun Dafa practitioners that were in the same room. Police officer Zhang Zhongfan, from the A'Cheng Police Department, extorted 3,000 Yuan from her in April and again in September 2000.

In June, Fu went to a detention center and asked for the release of all Falun Gong practitioners who were being illegally detained and had been on a hunger strike for five days. For this she was illegally detained again. In order to obtain an unconditional release, she went on a hunger strike. They beat her and force-fed her many times using feeding tubes in her nostrils. She was finally released after 45 days.

Jin Zhongxue, from the Security Department of A'Cheng Electronic Factory, extorted 4,000 Yuan from Fu in September 2000. On January 19, 2001, she was called to the security department in her factory. She refused to write a letter of intent to quit practicing Falun Gong and was illegally detained then sent to Wanjia Labor Camp in Harbin City. There she received inhuman treatment lost all basic human rights and freedoms. Punching and kicking is very common treatment for Falun Gong practitioners. Fu was locked into a small cell several times; she was tied up with ropes, handcuffed, and suspended by the cuffs. They did not allow her to sleep and punished her by making her stand for long periods of time with bare-feet on a cement floor in the winter. They also dragged her outside to stand under the hot sun in the summer. Currently, the labor camp locks all Falun Dafa practitioners in damp cells without sunshine or fresh air. The practitioners have scabies all over them. Fu is still detained there.

18. Practitioner Qiu Shuxia, female, 49, lived in Hanan Xiao Qu, No.1 building. On July 20, 1999, she went to the city government to appeal peacefully and to tell the truth about the brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. She was punched and kicked by the police. They sent her and other Falun Dafa practitioners to separate places to be monitored until 2 a.m. the next morning until she signed her name. She was brought back to her hometown by the local authorities and often harassed by local officers of the police station and resident's committee. On Chinese New Year's day, they illegally detained her for 24 hours in a local residential business office.

19. Practitioner Li Aiqin, female, 47, lived in Taixiang, No.12 building. Li Bo from the 610 Office extorted 2000 Yuan from her on December 4, 2000. From November 1999 to July 2000, police officers Wang Dongyun, Zhang Endong, Xi Baiyu, Fu Dezhi, and Xing Quiqin harassed her many times and confiscated her ID card. On November 25, 2000, she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa and was illegally held there for 10 days. Upon being sent back to A'Cheng, she was illegally detained for 15 days. She went on a hunger strike and was force-fed. The head of the police station Guo physically abused her. The county and local authorities call her home and work unit every Chinese New Year just to harass her.

20. Practitioner Zhang Chunyu, female, 48, is a native of A'Cheng. On February 2, 2000, the local police station asked her whether she was still practicing Falun Gong. When she answered "yes," they illegally detained her until she paid 5,000 Yuan. On June 19, 2000, the police forced her from her home and sent her to a detention center. She was illegally kept there for over 4 months and released only because her life was in danger from carrying out a long-term hunger strike protest. She was forced out of her home in December 2000 and became homeless. Staff of the 610 Office, police station, credit union, business bureau, and her work unit conspired to cheat her by saying that they would not arrest her if she did not go to Beijing. They also gave her the deposit back. Ten days after she took the deposit, she was called to the work unit to write a "guarantee" statement. When she refused to do it, they sent her to a brainwashing class. Not being able to brainwash her, they sent her to the detention center and later sentenced her to one year in a labor camp. In the labor camp, she is enduring inhuman tortures, such as, being locked inside a small cell, tied up, hung up by the handcuffs, cuffing, sleep deprivation, standing for a long time, starvation, and exposure to extreme cold.

21. Practitioner Ge Zhenhua, male, 45, lived in Shengli St., A'Cheng. On July 22, 1999, he went to the provincial government to appeal peacefully and was illegally detained for 17 hours. The next year, Liu Jun, the leader from his work unit, along with the Party secretary Xu and Director of his local residence office Lin, local police officer Yu Qingguo, and others often came to his house to harass him. During one visit, they confiscated his ID card. On February 16, 2001, Liu Jun, Cui Yong, and Huang Jiang from his work unit, along with police officer Yu Qingguo forced him to attend an 80-day brainwashing class and illegally detained him for another 16 days. During this time, he lost his personal freedom and suffered physical punishments, beatings, and verbal abuse. Yan Junzhang, the A'Cheng City Financial Commissar, extorted 1,600 Yuan from Mr. Ge.

22. Practitioner Li Xiuying, female, 50, lived in Dongfanghong St., Wuchang City. When she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa, she was sent to the Wuchang Office in Beijing where her ID card and more than 100 Yuan were confiscated. She was illegally detained for 9 days. She went on a hunger strike for 6 days and was released only after her family paid a 500 Yuan fine. After she returned home, she was sent to Wuchang Detention Center, fined 2,000 Yuan, and released after 2 days.

23. Practitioner Xiao Renping, female, 36, is a native of Pingshan, A'Cheng City. When she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa on April 11, 2000, she was sent to the Heilongjiang Province Office in Beijing and then taken to the A'Cheng Detention Center. She was illegally detained for 15 days. On December 7, 2000, the police illegally searched her home and took more than 10 Falun Dafa books. They sent her to the detention center again and held her there for 24 days. Every time she was released, her family had to pay fines to the police station and to the 610 Office. Wang Haitao from the police station also extorted money from her. She paid a total of 10,000 Yuan in illegal fines.

24. Practitioner Liu Wei, male, 37, is a native of Pingshan, A'Cheng City. He and other practitioners went to Beijing to rectify the Fa on December 23, 2000. They were arrested and sent to Renhe Police Station in Beijing. Because he refused to answer questions, the police stripped him of his clothes leaving him in his underwear, handcuffed him, and left him outside for more than two hours. The temperature was - 10o C. Then they brought him inside and shocked him from his head to his feet. After torturing him for an hour without any results, they left him outdoors again. In the evening, they brought him inside and continuously shocked him all over his body. Again, he was taken outdoors and left for a long time. When they brought him inside, they handcuffed him to a table. One police officer started to burn the book Zhuan Falun. He asked him not to do it. The policeman would not listen. Liu jumped up and tried to grab the book. The policemen shocked, punched, and kicked him. They shocked his penis, poured cold water on his body, and stabbed him with needles. They forced him to lie face-down on the ground, handcuffed his hands behind his back, put a chair on his back, and beat his palms and soles of his feet with a belt. When all these were ineffective, they tried other measures, such as sleep deprivation, and finally handcuffed him to heating pipe.

25. Practitioner Zhang Shuzhen, female, a 52-year-old worker from the Heilongjiang Province A'Cheng City Relay Factory was unlawfully detained and endured insults and torture at a detention centre from February 4 to March 2, 2000. Altogether she was detained for 70 days during which she was insulted and beaten by cruel officials such as Yang Qi and Zhang Wenli. From June 9 until August 31, 2000 practitioner Zhang was illegally detained for 45 days. On January 2, 2001, she was arrested at her home and six months later she was sentenced to two years in a labor camp. During this time, she was often beaten and kicked. As a result she often had a black eye and sustained injury to many parts of her body. She was also jailed for 21 days in the male labor camp team. For nine days Practitioner Zhang endured torture such as being hung, being cuffed to the bedposts, being lifted up until only her toes touched the ground and also until her feet were above the ground. Later she was forced to sit on the torture chair for 12 days and was only allowed to sleep for a little while on the concrete ground at midnight. Between January and August 2000 all together 11,500 Yuan (Approximately one year's salary of an average urban worker in China) was extorted out of her by the police department within the Relay Factory, Heping Police Station, Shuangcheng City Police Department, Xinfuxiang Police Station and A'Cheng City Police Department. The main conspirators are Du Faming and Zhang Wenxuan.

26. Practitioner, Liu Hongyun, male, worker at Heilongjiang Province A'Cheng City Liuzhong Market was tortured and cursed at the A'Cheng City Detention Centre for 55 days between January 7 and April 2, 2000 (according to the lunar calendar). In November 2000, the Changchun City Rail Works detained him for two days and nights and when he returned to Shengli Police Station Zhou Xiaozhang beat him until his face swelled up. Once, he endured four months of torture at the A'Cheng City Detention Centre and was later detained at Harbin City Changlinzi Labor Camp for six months. While at the labor camp, he went on hunger strike 12 times which all together lasted 23 days during which he was force-fed by tube everyday. He was hung, beaten using electric batons with extra high voltage and was forbidden to rest and forced to sit on cold bench. He contracted scabies all over his body. Between January 1999 and May 2001 (according to the lunar calendar) 2600 Yuan (Approximately five months salary of an average urban worker in China)was extorted out of him by the council, Shengli Police Station, Achen City Police Department and Changlinzi Labor Camp. The main conspirators are Zhou Xiaozhang, Ma Yunfeng, Wang Fengchun, Lin Peng, Wu Da, Gao Meixue, Ma Xue, Li Zhimin.

27. Practitioner, Zhu Yumei, female, a 39-year-old resident of Shengli Street, A'Cheng City, had almost 10,000 Yuan worth of salary extorted out of her ever since December 2000. The main conspirators are A'Cheng City Education Committee and Wang Xue and Yan Jiuyi from Liuzhong Junior High School. 4,000 Yuan was also extorted out of her because she went to Beijing to clarify the truth to the government. She was detained illegally for three days by Shengli Police Station and 200 Yuan was extorted out of her for simply peacefully appealing at the Provincial Head Office. From then on Shengli Police Station and the Provincial Education Committee viewed her as a major "activist" and has put her under unlawful surveillance. She was harassed by phone calls and ordered to go to the police station no matter what time of the day. This caused severe stress upon her work, studies and family. Harassment was mainly made by Wang Xue, the Party Secretary Lei, Yang Jibin, Yan Jiuyi, Tian Fang, Xu Hua, Fu Hongwei. On December 21, 2000, she went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa but was detained at Beijing for six days before she was deported back to the local detention centre and detained for three months. She was then detained without trial at Harbin City's Wanjia Labor Camp. During her time at the labor camp, she went through forced brainwashing classes, which resulted in severe mental devastation. She was refused her rights to appeal. Simply because of her firm belief in Falun Dafa, she was confined to a gloomy and damp room for one month where eating, drinking and the toilet were all in the same room. Due the damp conditions, she contracted scabies and her skin festered.